Tripl3fastaction - Spring '23 BOG OG seeds + more

Thanks for sharing Tripl3, I learned a lot! :+1:

Sadly part of that learning is looking into growlink… $$$ :wink:

2 Likes

Makes RDWC look like a good option. Haha.

2 Likes

I don’t know… the price of a decent chiller is :cold_face:

2 Likes

Yea, I know. That’s what I’m “comparing”, in my head. Haha. They’re so overpriced. I “made” a diy chiller with a used window ac once. I didn’t use it in a grow, but it worked.
A 1/4HP chiller is more expensive than it seems it should be. But that Growlink deal is something over $1000cad +tax. Then, there seems to be a bit of learning the equipment, the data, still locked into a subscription or fee if you want full capabilities (correct me if I’m wrong @Tripl3fastaction).
RDWC can have a lot of pvc/tote/fittings costs though. That’s one reason for my diy rdwc “container” thread.

Overall, the two different systems, it’s apples to oranges - obvioulsy. Just talking cost of the main piece of equipment.

2 Likes

I like your style :+1:

Ya locking data being collected behind a separate monthly fee is kind of a scumbag move, but it seems like every industry is pushing for this type of way to make money after you buy their stuff. Just another reason to go open source as often as possible.

I still want one… lol

2 Likes

Awesome to hear it turned out so well! Excited to run these myself :beers:

2 Likes

Yup yup, diy chiller is the way to go, then unions everywhere on the rdwc to be able to reuse parts when you switch things around. Uniseals are reusable too. Makes the upfront cost about the only spending

2 Likes

Yeah, and there is some activity in the Growlink world the last few days. They acquired another company and are rolling out a new web interface for their system. Poking around on the beta site, seems the minimum monthly fee going forward is $20. Sigh …. Hope I get grandfathered in.

They’ve also posted some of their professional equipment online at Growlink.ag. The fertigation mixing station is $42k…

2 Likes

Just ordered it. Super excited.

2 Likes

:male_detective:

1 Like

(Psst…What’s that lil cartoon mean?)

2 Likes

Just playing around, thought you were joking about the price. Did you actually get one?

2 Likes

Nah, I was just joking.

1 Like

Alright, it’s been 2+ weeks, and they’ve made it to jars/bags and I think I can give an initial impression at least. Here’s a representative pic of each cultivar’s flowers:

The Bog Sour Strawberry Kush F3, courtesy of @Mithridate. Easy grow, plants stayed very compact, largest was probably 24”. Frosty AF, if I was inclined to deal with trim, I’d be having a field day with these plants. Yield was small but that’s on me …. Unfortunately I’m not getting any unique smells yet.

The Frankenstein S1, courtesy of @GrouchyOldMan, was topped once, responded well, and didn’t require much attention. Yield was good, plant had good branching and structure, branches did get bendy on me towards the end. The smell now is plastics/glue/something else I can’t quite nail down.

The Bogbubble F3, courtesy of @Cyr_grow, were the biggest plants of the bunch, heavy yield with no training. I’m not sure if Bog was really going for Bubblegum here, but what I have is pure up skunk, enough to get my wife to yell at me if I crack a jar. I like that :grinning:.

Effects wise, I don’t like to judge for a month or so, but suffice to say they all work just fine :sunglasses: and I’m pretty sure I’ll be running these in the future (the right way) to find a keeper. Thanks again guys!

Oh, bad with the good, here’s the SSK that hermied. It’s all immature seeds so it happened late in the game, I think the sheer density of the buds kept most of it contained to this plant. I have also found a few mature seeds scattered throughout, so someone dropped some pollen early too, but I’ve got no idea who. It’s very minimal though.

10 Likes

There’s definitely bubblegum to be found in the preservation seeds I made. I’ve had a few people already say they found bubblegum terps. I think the more indica Dom plants lean towards the sweet terps. When I ran the op the sativa leaners were more funky. The f2 beans I got from an ig buddy said the person who made the f2’s used a more funky terp female

2 Likes

I opened the bag yesterday and pulled out a random bud to smoke. The overwhelming smell from the bag was still a bit skunky.

BUT - loaded a small bowl, and on exhale - I got pure Bazooka bubblegum flavor. It brought a smile to my face. Not sure what it was about that particular bud, but that flavor is obviously in the genetics. Time for me to hunt some more.

Thanks again!

4 Likes