Trouble in Flowering..! Help

Bone meal being added to the feed mix. since past 1 month.

This is the only feed i have been giving the plant since Veg.

Wish i cud tell you accurately. Every 3-4 days whenever i felt the top soil go dry. Maybe 300-400ml.The potting soil actually retains water very well & has good drainage too, But i understand the roots thrive in an oxygen rich environment & dont like a soggy medium.

I guess so… Will be transplanting immediately as soon as the supplies come in. Hope my plant holds on till then.

I think i just got greedy thinking the bigger the plant - bigger the yield, dint cross my mind at all that the plant has outgrown its container.

I seek forgiveness for all my newbie mistakes.

I’m also grateful for all the wisdom & experience being shared with me here.

2 Likes

You have confessed your sins and the Ganja God forgives you lol.

That manure looks good, I would use plenty of that when you pot them up, but make sure you have something added for drainage like peat moss and some perlite if you can find some.

3 Likes

I personally think once you transplant you’ll be good.

Definitely add some perlite or peat
Don’t forget to pH your water

Don’t forget to update us on any new happenings good or bad we’re here to help

2 Likes

Sure thing, will keep updating.

1 Like

Quick question: How far does the plant need to be under LED lights…??

From my personal experience with the Bulb i’m using (One 50W Cool Daylight 6500K 4500Lumens) during Veg state the plant was kept as close to the bulb as possible maybe 2’ away from the bulb and it absolutely loved the intense light it was getting.

However, in Flowering i Switched to using (Three 40W Warm White 2700K 3200Lumens) and kept the plant again as close as possible.

Was doing some reading and i heard LED’s are best kept 12-18’ away from the bulbs to avoid light burns…

Any suggestions…??

1 Like

This recommendation is probably for high intensity lamps on the order of 750-1K Watt where the intensity is quite high.

Rules of inverse squares, e.g. 400 PPFD at the canopy will dramatically increase by halving the distance. It follows 1/d^2.

For example, if the intensity at 18 inches is 400 W/m^2, the proportional intensity at a distance of 9 inches increases to 1600 W/m^2. That’s greater than what we receive at the earth’s surface from the sun (but it is also concentrated into a very small area). Yikes.

For the intensity we are talking about here, it is probably low enough that the plant could be right next to the bulbs. In that case, the larger concern would be the heat from the bulb.

But, in any case, if you see some bleaching or burn simply move the bulbs further away at that point.

Recent example of where I burned some leaves that were practically in contact with a relatively intense lamp:

Moved the lamp an additional several inches away and the problem was resolved. Easy enough. Until the plant grows into the lamp again, that is.

For very large changes in the intensity (e.g. moving a plant from indoors to the outdoors), it is best to acclimatize the plant to the new situation. The plant will respond to make efficient use of the available light. If the intensity of the light source is low, it will develop the ability to best utilize the available light. A sudden change in the intensity will overload the plant’s capability leading to light stress. I do not think that is a concern in this case but you can always move the new lamps closer daily, as well.

5 Likes

Ok noted.

Some of the Bud sites developed these… are they calyxes or did my plant go hermie…??

Got paranoid & clipped off few of them as they resemble pollen sacs…

2 Likes

Oh yeah that’s a herm bro :pensive: sorry for your loss.

Definitely get second opinions lol don’t chop it cuz i said it’s a herm. But I’m like 90% sure it is. Do you know what happened? Did the light schedule get messed up? Cuz if not I’m thinking it happened from being in an undersized pot it stressed out and for its last ditch effort to carry on its legacy it pollinates itself. I had a grow 2 plants 1 in a 3 gallon pot (11liters) 1 in a 5 gallon pot (15liters)

Both finished like that. The one in my 11 liter pot toward the end started foxtailing (sign of stress) so i let it finish and upon harvesting i found a seed in my 11 liter pot plant vs my 15liter pot plant where there were no seeds. Soi chalked it up as it got stressed from 1 not enough light or 2 undersized pot.

1 Like

No idea… Don’t think the light scheduled changed in any way…

so any point letting the plant grow further…?? can it still yield anything to smoke…??

1 Like

I’ve never seen a hermie go from the start of flowering so i couldn’t tell you hopefully someone else has some insight. But from what i hear yeah you can yield it’ll just be loaded with seeds.

But i did hermie a plant because of light and i ended up chopping it for the sole purpose of not wanting to infect my tent with pollen so the future ladies couldn’t get pollinated.

So that’s something to consider is if you do let it grow your area will be loaded with pollen requiring a proper cleaning before you can grow and get seedless buds.

1 Like

And looking at your picture more it kinda looks like it gave up on being female. Cuz the pistols are browning up but like i said dude. Wait for a second opinion I’m not an expert you could very well get some flower off it with seeds that i wouldn’t recommend keeping because it has the hermie trait and most likely will be a hermie.

This is just info i learned on this forum and personal experience

1 Like

I looked at it last night and thought it looked like a hermie myself, but not 100% sure. Just keep picking the flowers off of it, if they are flower sacs and you can smoke it without seeds. Just make sure you get all the flowers before they drop any pollen.

1 Like

im with this. No clear hermie there. Actually looks like seeds forming
not pollen sacs.
And refering to pistils browning that happens soon as pollen has set in. Question is. Where did pollen come from. Look lower like under the budsites for an open flower.

1 Like

For reference, this is a male my wife chopped the other day. Not even a hint of a pistil.

If you’re seeing nuts on that plant @okletsgrow, you’ve got a hermie.

You hit the nail on the head. Saw 1 open flower with fine dust surrounding the leaf beneath it. Have chopped off all such flowers. Luckily the other flowers were still not open.

I’m trying to figure if the bagseed (collected from stash which had an amazing high) which i planted had the hermie trait…?? or is it likely due to the grow conditions it turned that away. Would be a mistake i wud’nt want to repeat.

3 Likes

That’s the thing is ya never know about bag seed but what we do know if your plants have been stressed a lot and in undersized pots that could cause them to hermie

1 Like