Truck repair issues

yeah, I’m in a sim racing league and most of the guys are nc, ga area . A buddy from Ashville send me a FB ad for a 88 with 160k for $9k its is also the single cab with the 5.7. I would love to get that if my money situation things was different

2 Likes

An 84’ buick sunbird… hmmm
I think you mean Pontiac sunbird

LOL, correct, that was it… It was a gift from the parents, and peach colored :rofl:
and the damed thing had a speed limiter :rage::joy:

damned American cars, they’re all the same to me

Nice! I need my 12 gears but for what you’re doing it will be a hoot. I’m actually thinking of a fat bike for winter around here.

1 Like

Nice. We have mountain bikes as well. Way more oppurtunity for that style riding vs street riding. I wish we got out more.

1 Like

They are supposed to warranty their work. They may have man handled those thin cables.
It’s a 2019 with 100k to me it’s brand new.
I have an airbag recall for my 05 saabaru but I wont let GM touch my car.
I’ve watched enough Scotty Kilmer to know :slight_smile:
Did you go to a dealer or private repair?

2 Likes

I also owned a Pontiac sunbird, but mine was a 92 sunbird gt with a 3.1L v6 and a 5speed manual transmission. That car was so damn fast . I put some work into the engine when i bought it since it already had a leaking head gasket it actually broke 2 head bolts .
So i took the heads in to the machine shop and they shaved the heads put oversized valves in it plus port and polish, heavier duty valve springs. I put a set of headers on it plus dual exhaust with some extra parts left over from previous exhaust jobs that were borla exhaust, also had to replace the clutch with a stage 3 kit. Along with coil over suspension and different cv shafts. Man this thing was my baby it ate mustangs for breakfast until i wrecked it into the side of a garage after jumping a 4ft hill in the rain and dark. So sunbirds do actually fly.

4 Likes

Hey! Nevermind I see your point. But we have some cool stuff

3 Likes

Wife’s and mine.

4 Likes

very nice pair of convertibles. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Those are sweet. Mines just for lookin at. Of course I would fall in love with the least collectable Corvette. Lmao

1 Like

Thank you .

Thank you, .

One reason, I’ve kept my older PU, as it does not give me issues.
I bought my Toyota Tundra, long bed, in 2000, a demo, with 254 miles on it.
I still own it, and it still does not have 100,000 miles on it yet.
Toyota replaced the frame under it in 2017.
It has never let me down.
It is like a great friend, just waiting to go do some work, to help me out, well and also many others in the family, over the years.

4 Likes