True North Seed Bank

I’ve had good luck from True North, I always insure tho.

2 Likes

I’ve used True North Seed Bank twice lately.
Can be expensive, but both times my order arrived within 3 days.

5 Likes

my first order from true north was very unsatisfactory, canuk seeds their sister breeding company, small white premature seeds that of course wouldn’t germinate and they wouldn’t replace. use the “seeds sold as souvenirs only” aspect to refuse even tho i’m a health canada legal patient. another friend ordered a reputable breeder (sensi?) and 4 out of 5 didn’t pop. fuck those clowns!

Ouch! I just ordered seeds through “True North” seedbank and they were taken by customs, after I paid extra for the stealth shipping option.

True North says there’s nothing they can do and I have to eat the money. Fuck them! :slight_smile: Would NOT do business with them if I were you…Fuck True North with a limp dick!

12 Likes

That’s bull shit that they would do that. They were not discreet when i ordered. Surprisingly I am pleased by the quality. But it’s a long way from done yet. What did u order. Was it pucks

3 Likes

should have done the research - True North has the lowest possible rating for a seed store on seedfinder.eu:

4 Likes

I ordered a breeder pack from True North and they sent the wrong version. I sent a photo and then called them. They sent the correct version in a breeder pack and asked me to put the incorrect ones in the self addressed envelope they sent with them and mail them back - they paid the postage. I did and all was good. The tracking was great and delivery was as fast as you could get them across the country.

If I ordered seeds from the other side of the pond or border and customs grabbed them, I really do feel that it’s my loss. There’s an obvious risk and I know seed banks have people bs them all the time to try to get free seeds.

2 Likes

nice of people to stick up for “True North”…unfortunately I"m very familiar with business and customer service and these people suck at both…in fact I’m calling Visa tomorrow & getting my money back

2 Likes

Well I honestly think they could be dicks for sure. Just letting you know that I managed to get the seeds I ordered eventually. I’m not going to put them in the top 10, not to worry LOL!

2 Likes

it gets even worse - on seedfinder a couple of reviewers mentioned bogus credit card charges after ordering from True North - I went to check my Visa account and sure enough there are 2 fake charge for $300 - one the same day as the True North order and one a few days later! “Residence Inn Atlanta” and I’ve haven’t been to Georgia!

WTF! sleazy motherfuckers!

5 Likes

Woooow what a bunch of shady bastards. Let it be known :negative_squared_cross_mark: True North is not to be trusted!!! :negative_squared_cross_mark:

Are you fond of Great Lakes Genetics @Muleskinner ? Highly recommended. It’s in USA and the guy who runs it takes part in the online cannabis community. https://greatlakesgenetics.com/

I’ve ordered from there a couple times and I’m in Canada.

3 Likes

This TNSB review states that they opened in 2019 which is horseshit. They “may” have been certified as a legit seed bank by the Canadian government this year, but that won’t last long if they’re phucking customers. Have a look down toward the bottom of that page and you’ll see some reviews from other people they have burned.

Near as I can tell they are an affiliate of an operation in the UK. I’ve heard that Canadian operations are various places. Mailing address is in Toronto.

You have to figure that if they are trying to up-sell people with t-shirts for stealth reasons, they don’t give a rat’s ass if you ever get what you paid for.

Drop an email to [National Manager, Seed Section] cfia.seed-semence.acia@canada.ca explaining what happened and see what they have to say about it. Chances are they’ll just say sorry about your luck for cross border shopping. That said, if they are in fact licensed, big bro’ will be breathing down their neck. And if they aren’t legit, still a good chance big bro’ will be breathing down their neck. If you catch my drift.

1 Like

I’d be wary of any seedbank claiming to be certified by the Canadian government. Last I checked only LP’s were legally allowed to sell seeds and I don’t think True North is a producer. Not to mention their credit card scams and shit customer service.

Have many rules changed since legalization was set into place? I’ve seen all kinds of claims like the above all the way to we are allowed to sell our excess to dispensaries, to 1000 gram possession limit, seeds are considered 1 gram - none of which were rules on October 17th. AFAIK in my province all cannabis being sold in dispensaries must be purchased from the liquor gaming control board.

4 Likes

Have never ordered from True North, but my main problem with them is shipping cost. They charge $30 to ship from Canada to the US. I don’t order a large amount of seeds, but even at their prices, the shipping is almost as much.

Let me give you an example. Just ordered some seeds from Seedsman for their 4/20 Special. I ordered 3 seeds with them doubling them AND giving a 15% discount on top. The order came to $24 and the shipping was $8 and change. Even if I could get the same price from TN, it would cost more for the shipping than the cost of the seeds. And while Seedsman’s communication skills leave something to be desired (showed waiting to be shipped on the order, even yesterday, when it arrived) it shipped in a few days, took just over a week, from Europe, and I have never had a package seized.

5 Likes

I am pretty sure they are legit in a legal sense only. They are on native land. I believe on a reservation in Ontario. Their shipping is piss poor. If you ordered pucks internationally inam not surprised if they didnt make it. It’s a puck with drilled out holes. Gonna stand out on xray big time. Gonna show organic material inside a un natural cavity. So many bad reviews. Also they sell other breeders seeds as well. But I dont think they stock many you order off them. They order off breeder than ship to you. There in house strains are canuk and some auto flower one. Oasis or something like that. I also heard the just buy bulk seeds from Spain. I have a few strains going right now. And I am impressed but there is lots of time left to herm out like everyone else is saying. In short i would never order off then again. Why bother when there are good people out there trying to make a buck selling honestly and fairly.

2 Likes

Yikes! That’s crazy. I’m glad I chose the bitcoin option… But after reading all of this, I’m regretting that I ever ordered from them. I’m still waiting on my order… Hopefully they didn’t mess it up, because it seems like there’s little chance it’ll get fixed.

2 Likes

I found this bad review stuff right after I ordered form true north. Freaked me out so I ordered from crop king as well. And they both made it fine, got lucky I guess.

4 Likes

Oh boy. I have a feeling they’re affiliated. Hopefully customer services isn’t typical of the two. Towards the end of the article I gave Muleskinner the link for there is a link to a place in the uk. Looks like they’re all joined at the hip somehow. I’m starting to think this whole seedbank deal has gone to st and it’s best to find a breeder to deal with. Such as Dr. Greenthumb for instance. He’s been around for over 20 years and has his st together. Pricey, but reliable and I have no issues with recommending him.

2 Likes

Yes. Breeder direct is always the best option but unfortunately not many breeders do this. and if Breeder direct is not an option preferably the person running the bank takes part in the local and/or online cannabis community that way they can be held accountable.

I don’t trust any bank like Canuk for example which gives no information on their strain lineage, doesn’t grow and show, doesn’t take part in the community and has noone to vouch for if they have legit cuts. They are likely buying generic non legitimate-cut fem seeds in bulk from Spain and reselling them under popular names. They are selling gdp reg seeds and zkittlez glue for crying out loud. GDP has been lost for ages, I highly doubt theirs is authentic is neither Ken Estes or even DVG has them. And isn’t zkittles a clone only? GG4 certainly is. Not to mention the insane prices. I would wager if you did some investigation and picture hunting around the web we’ll also find the common practice of picture stealing. :thumbsdown: for any seed bank like this.

7 Likes

Yeah i have seen their pictures on other sites. Plus they use the same picture for multiple strains. It’s a shit show. I would not reccomend them to anyone. I am still afraid mine will herm

3 Likes