Sebring's Perpetual No-till Living Organics

Not that I saw. It does look like it’s about to go preflower, although almost everything outside looks like that right now.

Started some Vermicompost Tea brewing following this recipe:

For 30 gallons of water:
12 cups compost\vermi (3 quarts)
2.5 cups sugar source\molasses
1\3 cup hydrolysate
2\3 cup kelp (max)

Brew 24 hours.
Add em1\mammothP at the end.

10 Likes

Oh man your spoiling them hehe, trust me they will return the favor come harvest time. . .the taste might not be top of the class, but your yield should be and they are super easy to grow hahah

2 Likes

Nice work dude
love to see some sun loving criminals (the plants)

2 Likes

Some photos of the princess, oggh, and tsi.
Visiting a buddy in Oregon this weekend, so more photos when I get back!

I got a bit of flower stretch from heat, but I added a fan!

10 Likes

Princess haze is starting to put on a noticeable frost.

The other girls are still lagging behind. (GTH1 left, TsiFly right)

11 Likes

I just finished two straight weeks of 14 hour days, so this is update is coming a little late.

I checked the Princess Haze that was in the harvest window and noticed a touch of botrytis (the other two plants were free of rot and will be checked over the coming weeks). I pulled down the whole plant in a hurry, tossed anything within 6 inches of the bud rot into the compost pile (in the backyard), and froze everything else in a bag so I could still salvage most of it.

It’s currently frozen, bucked off the stems, broken up and being slowly run through the dry sift machine (buried in a freezer while it runs). I won’t be giving out buds from this one like I hoped, but the hash will be kept frozen and smoked under high temperatures, burning up anything hazardous.

I have already smoked some of the hash and it has a mild smell of sweet ginger-ale and the high is a terrific energizing head high that improved clarity of thought and creativity. I’ll definitely be growing this one again, along with the other Brothers Grimm strains.

The OG Ghost Train Haze is close to finishing.

The Tsi Fly is still just behind the rest.

10 Likes

So, by the second run of Princess Haze through the frozen dry sifter, it all started sticking to the sides of the canister filter. What I’ve learned from this is that I can’t run fresh frozen through the dry sifter. I’m going to run all of the fresh frozen Princess Haze, including the discard from the dry sift run, through a water hash process tomorrow.

6 Likes

Last night I put all the necessary tools for ice water sieving in the freezer overnight and made a bunch of ice.
Today I gathered all the stuff needed together so I’d have it all at hand. Mini-washer, bubble bags, parchment paper, metal colander & spoon, bucket of frozen flowers, and a bag of ice.

Warning: don’t buy the 20 gallon Bubble Magic Mini Washer as it is a very bad design for making ice water hash with. Instead buy one like this with smooth edges inside, Mini-washer. Also, replace the crinkle hose with a smooth see-through hose so you aren’t getting hash stuck in all those grooves.

I decided that since it was chilly out and I’d be working with a lot of cold stuff that it was only appropriate that I wear my Brothers Grimm Seeds hoodie! (For anyone curious, I was listening to the Cannabis Cultivation and Science podcast on the headphones.)

All finished for now! It’s be placed in a high place to dry for the next week until it’s completely dry.
I did try a little bit of the has that was still wet and it was really good, but it’ll be better and ready for storage in a week. (The Princess Haze produced a LOT more trichomes than I thought it would. I continue to be impressed with Mr. Soul’s breeding.)

15 Likes

That panda mini washing machine is on my list too lol.

3 Likes

LOL, I was so tempted to just buy it when I was trying to find the right link. I won’t need to do any hash runs for a while so I’m waiting.

3 Likes

74 days since the flip to flower. So, Princess Haze was ready at about 65 days (or about 9 weeks).

Ghost Train Haze (left) looks like it should be ready by about 11-12 weeks (a few more weeks to go) and Tsi Fly (right) looks like it should be done at the same time or just a touch earlier. The soil these are running in was a little hot so I’m expecting good results, but not great results. I’ll add a bunch of low NPK compost before another run so it’s not burning the plants.

12 Likes

Tsi Fly almost done, just waiting on the trichomes to finish going white.

12 Likes

Holy crap can’t believe I haven’t even looked at this thread yet my apologies @Sebring looks like from first post that this is going to be some fine reading material at work this afternoon!

6 Likes

I did a thorough inspection of the OG Ghost Train Haze and the Tsi Fly plants.

The OG GTH had a little bit of botrytis starting in a few spots near the stem, so I cut out all the back spots and an area about 6 inches above and below that. I realized that it was close enough to maturity to just go ahead and harvest it. I know now not to grow it in my high humidity unless I’ve got a lot more air flow over it.

The Tsi Fly seems to be pretty bud rot and powdery mildew resistant. I haven’t found a single outbreak on it even with a plant right next to it that’s infected. It has a pleasant smell of apricots just as others have reported. Mosca Seeds is a breeder I’ll be buying from again.

7 Likes

Same here lost these 2 colas a total 149g wet to bortrityis

4 Likes

Man what a lucky dude I’v been listening to some of Shango’s podcast and I really enjoy them you must if had a blast!

3 Likes

Looks like some happy plant tonic going to be brewed up! Enjoying the man! Like your grow style @Sebring!

3 Likes

You have my sympathies. Every time I see botrytis it hits home. It’s the one thing that will eat a plant from the inside out in such little time.

@Tinytuttle Frenchy and Shango were a blast for sure. Just getting to talk to a couple of guys that had done so much research was a thrill.

3 Likes

Some of the Ghost Train Haze was almost dry so I pinched some for a taste test.
It smells of pinene and camphor, which is invigorating.
It smokes smooth and really opens up the airways. Each drag allows you to take another deeper drag.
The high is mind expanding and effervescent.
I’ll have to improve the airflow to prevent fungus, but I’m definitely growing this strain again.

7 Likes

Tonight I’m in trim jail! This is the ghost train haze by Rare Dankness, and it’s AWESOME!! Weed that makes you want to giggle and dance.

19 Likes