tZ sifts the genepools

PCK: micro open pollination cycle - Flowering 12/12
As briefly mentioned prior, this will be a small test cycle with the three main intentions in mind:

• Running an open pollination, using all 12 males and females from PCK
  • Making use of bulked pollen from all PCK males to pollinate several of my keeper cuts from previous cycle
  • Yield some unpollinated PCK flower in order to get a glimpse of how the females score

This micro setup has the following metrics: 0.9x0.6x0.98m
I’m running a dimmed 150w led pannel and using organic living soil (base recipe), mostly water only.

I’ve repotted the PCK a week ago to 2L pots, and when I’m able to sex them the males will get a room of their own and the females will be repotted to 6L.

The small cuts on smaller pots (1L) are most of my favorite females from previous cycles. As for varieties, we have several A5S1, La Bomba, Runtz Ghost Train, Thai Chi, and so on. Full list can be found here.

I’ve rushed them from their domed jiffies to pots as soon as little roots appeared. A few PCK females overreacted to this abrupt change and developed abnormal leaves. None of the original mother plants display these aberrations (here), it was a stress triggered response. Sensitive, are we?

D2

D15

D75 - Harvest

#1 Forest fruit, cedar oil, menthol, budspray and naphthalene. Complex, intense, the smell bomb

#2 Sour gas, red fruitish, pungent, less complex

#6 Green apple, fresh and crisp. Interesting green pheno, with quirky structure, resemblant of modern ‘exotic’ lines. First time I’ve ran into this type of aroma makeup. Dissimilar to all others.

#8 More subtle similar to others more gummish. Greasy wet to touch

#9 Sour astringent, similar to #2

#10 Similar to #1. Brilliant aroma, intense and complex. Beautiful.

#11 Spicier, more herbal medicinal

Overall it was a successful micro effort of a cycle. Should yield plenty of seeds for cold storage. Soon a cycle of ‘sensi’ will follow and the best will be kept around.
Thanks for checking around!

1 Like

Closeups of a few PCK, along with their kinky aberrations:

4 Likes

LOL… definitely a little localized weirdness there… :+1: :smirk:

Looking good!

Cheers
G

1 Like

Thanks mate, more will follow.

They are turning back to normal it seems. :sweat_smile:

Up next, FOAM from Umami seeds.

1 Like

FOAM (Umami Seed Company)
The Soap x Zwish = (Animal Mints x Kush Mints) x (Animal Mints #15 x Zuchi)
Basically another mostly GSC centered hybrid with a splash of few other varieties, namely Blue Power, Bubba and MAC.

I’ve acquired these during last Spannabis, was surprised to see them stocked along with a few other rarely seen around breeder’s gear. My only non-planned grab, a little bit more pricey that what they should have.

I had only heard about Umami through The Pot Cast. Their quest seemed legit.
I’m not too concerned about how they dump and necessarily about their extract potential, which I know many of you are running these types for.
I’m allured by strange smells and intense flavors, and these seem to have made an impact in that regard.

Always curious to see what everyone’s working on.

Only a pack, containing 6 seeds and let’s give these birdseeds a try.

Is their effect of any worth too? How will they blend? We’ll see how they score.

2 Likes

PZA5(ACE seeds) D45 - 11/13

Few closeups

4 Likes

PCK OP & crosses cycle update - D15

Out of 12 PCK, 7 females 5 males. At least one male throws stigma, I’ll keep him in the OP nonetheless. (the front ones are keeper females from the library)

Among them, several have abnormal leaf traits and one is a total freakshow.

This one has a pretty nice structure

As for colors/archetypes we currently have green, purple and pinkish. Hoping to score at least one of the deep dark one.

A few keeper cuts that will share the PCK OP:

A5S1#5, tendency to self top and throw variegation. Looks like shit, dope smoke though. It has been suggested to be a polyploid, never tested (duh).

A5S1#7, didn’t had the chance to test this cut during last cycle. Throwing her in nonetheless

Thai Chi #6, extreme narrow leaf phenotype with a hell of a stretch. Great effect, sweet and savory aroma.

Nice contrast between PCK leaf and TC#6

All males were topped after taking pictures. I’ll allow them to flower a bit more and get a grasp of their traits unfolding, just out of fun.

4 Likes

PZA5 D52 - Update

Spicy and fresh. Woodsy and tropical vibes.

PZA5#1

PZA5#2

PZA5#3. Nicely sized glands.

PZA5#4

~
PZA5#5

4 Likes

Analysis & Overview: Purple Zamal x A5 Haze (PZA5)

#3 was harvested at D61 and all others were chopped earlier than ideal (D84) as #2 and #1, to some extent, went intersex in waves.
Zamal genetics ikr. Perhaps they could have been near their peak at around D100, if run properly.

#1 Sour musk, woody perfume with residual sweetness. Astringent.

#2 Earth, woodsy, slightly bitter. Not refined or intense.

Early maturing, ready at D61 (wtf?)
Sweet aroma with dark but fresh background. It has incense, pepper and strawberry aromas. Delightful and delectable.
To be tested.
Lowest yield, but cycle can be better adapted to her needs. An actual veg period and perhaps 12/12 cycle would likely make her shine more in that sense, along with other parameters.

#4 Sour as fuck. Pungent greasy and foul.

#5 Orange juice. Sublime and subtle, no sourness.

3 Likes

A few dry bud shots of the sticky PZA5#3, before going for curing.

2 Likes

Here is the Purple Zamal x A5#3 mutant chunk of a stalk. This left portion of the plant was left to mature future for seeds, hence the apical topping.
The core was madly fibrous and strong.

3 Likes

Pakistan Chitral Kush (PCK): micro open pollination cycle '23

A few closeups from the heaviely seeded micro females

3 Likes

This thread is really nice - excellent documentation and content. Way to grow @theZientist

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words Zanzi!

Pleasure having you around, if you’d like to share anything please feel free.

1 Like

PCK: ‘sensi’ cycle
It’s been a while since I had this PCK OP finished. It’s already stashed away in cold storage.
Time for a quick ‘sensi’ cycle using all available females!
Had a couple of months before the summer break and decided to squeeze in this run, have some decent flowers to brighten summer up you know!

These cuts went under 12/12 after a couple days of settling from transplant and tent switch, so not much of a vegetative period.
Here they are at D46 of 12/12…
PCK1

PCK2

PCK6

PCK8

PCK9

PCK10

PCK11

They are structurally interesting and captivating aesthetically. Aroma-wise, they are a complex cocktail of desirable compounds, mouthwatering from the forest fruit realm, cedar oil, vix rub, bugspray to synthetic green apple… it’s a brilliant genetic pocket.

As far effect is concerned (my core interest), I had a short amount of flower and less than A-grade bud from the previous open-pollination efforts. With that said, I’ve still found really pleasant vibes that made me recall the previous experience I’d had with this heirloom from a decade before.
It has a zone-assist type of effect, can be really functional and relaxes you enough to organically enter the flow state. Promotes a deep sense of calmness while maintaining brain activity.
It enables enriching verbal exchanges without trampling yourself in thought and damn it interacts well with caffeine. Yum.
In heavier doses it starts getting more drowsy and inward, still pleasant anyhow.

A few display quirky traits, such as leaves (or nothing at all) growing out of nodes where it should have been a shoot, a leaf wrinkle here and there. They have an almost strictly columnar habit without almost any side branching going.

Their floral anatomy, ratio and growing habit doesn’t allow to place them high in the yield category, despite in pure form they still are remarkable resin producers. That is with properly sized resin glands that occur ubiquitously throughout the whole plant, including less noble parts.
From all 7 females I’ve managed to find sifting through a whole pack, only #11 earns an honorable mention in the agronomic traits related to yield and “desirable” floral structure.
All others look more unique, though they are definitely more breeding material than something most would want to be making a cash-cropper or a producing mother, as wisely advised by dubi et al.

I genuinely love PCK!
Thanks dubi, Ras Pablo, CBG and everyone that participated in keeping this living heirloom alive and this beautiful.

2 Likes