Under the Floorboards V 3.0

This SSDD was ready at 70 days… they always are, lol!

The crawl’s been on the cool side, lo to mid 60°’s F, so she showed a bit of Royal Purple.

Very, very sticky. Sour smell, a bit on the acrid side, with some sweetness floating around in there. Even though I quit 10 years ago, after smoking fags for 50 years, my sniffer’s not the most discerning , she’s got a really delicious smell… thick enough to make me want to bite it, lol!

The drying area, and tool depository. Stays about 60-65°, RH around 50-55. It good for a 2-3 week hang.

Still no pm, the UV-c light does it’s job, which is great… I hate spraying anything plants.

That’s for stoopin’ in, hard hats are by the door :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Hoowee… Looking good and frosty! Love it.

How’d you do that? Cold turkey? Gum? Patch? I need to quit smoking so bad. The problem is I really like smoking, haven’t gotten to the point yet where it feels like a chore or unpleasant or whatever.

1 Like

Cold turkey, kind of :slight_smile:

I used to get colds that would move to my chest, so I’d have to quit every time I got one.

I liked to smoke, too. When I wasn’t, I’d see someone smoking and think they were lucky. A total Fool For A Cigarette.

It finally sunk in how stupid it was! I still bum a butt, every once in a great while, when some one lights up… and I enjoy it, too! But not enough to pick it up again.

You can’t quit if you don’t want to… and ya know, it stunts your growth :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice reference. I love Ry Cooder.

Yeah, when I’m working out and exercising regularly is when I really do want to quit. But I keep going through phases lately of working out hard five or six days a week for a while, then stopping and drinking and just fucking around, smoking too much, drinking too much.

I don’t get colds, though, can’t remember the last time I got sick. That’s actually how my mom quit, was she got a really bad cold for five days and couldn’t smoke. Afterwards she was like,”Alright, well, I haven’t smoked for five days, might as well just stick with it.” I keep kinda hoping I get a bad cold like one day haha…

1 Like

Me too, our youngest is named Ry!

Ha, you’re one of those Chariots of Fire guys… run a marathon and top it off with a fag and a martini!

2 Likes

Everything is tickety-boo in the clone/seedling cab.

It’s a pretty simple set up.

1/2" poly iso board attached to 4x wooden corners, with a 2" poly styrene top.

The iso board is light proof, but the styrene is not :frowning: I had to cover it with a black trash bag!

The door is 1/2" iso made to slip off/on.

Bottom is raised up off the crawl floor on 2x’s, with 1/2" plywood, topped with iso board.

24" x 24" heat mat set at 80°F warms up 2x trays.

Lighting is 1x 92W 4lamp T5, and a 46W 2lamp T5 fixture.

Passive air intake with a noisy, cheap in-line duct booster exhaust.

It’s a mess, but serves my needs!

I built it to hold a 64 station EZCloner my son gave me. He grew beautiful clones with it, but I didn’t have the mojo… never got anything worth it to strike in it :frowning:

Cup of water on the heat mat works for me!

3x SSDD clones in the forefront.

3x Aluna seedlings in the rear. I keep the little T5 slammed on them.

I have high hopes for the Alunas :slight_smile:

In the mid-70’s, we used to meet a plane from Columbia loaded with weed we called Redbud. It may have been what I see now is called Punta Roja… IDK, but it was some good stuff. Very good stuff!

Hooves crossed :yum:

10 Likes

The Alunas are taking their sweet time. 17 days since they hit the pool.

One is obviously much faster. It had the longest taproot, the quickest of the 3x. Probably a male, but we’ll see. That one is also the greenest.

The other 2x are pretty similar in size, structure, and color. I’ve bumped them all up to full strength veg feed. 1.35ec MC + P/K. I doubled the Ca, too, and they’ve perked up in the past couple of days.

The 3x SSDD clones have been topped, and pinched a little. I’m not sure how long they have been in coco… need a better secretary!

The other 3x SSDD clones got their 2nd, and last sulfur spray yesterday. Bye bye pm, I’m hoping!

The one in the middle is going to get grown out. The others will be mothers for clones.

Upcanned the middle one into a 2 gallon Airpot, with coco/perlite, maybe 80/20. I love coco!
It may be the coco I get, but it always seems to settle in the pot over the grow. Since one of the bennies of coco is the O2 holding, it seemed like the settling would diminish that, IDK? Anyway, the perlite is not going to settle, and has plenty nooks and crannies for O2… like an English muffin, lol!

The clone was in a 32oz yogurt cup with holes drilled in the bottom.

I only feed these once a day, so the outside of the rootball gets pretty dry. It’s way easier to handle like that for transplanting. I scratch the sides of the rootball, and tickle her bottom till the roots are loose. They like that!
Then spray the outside of the ball w/water so the Mykos and gypsum will stick.

Apparently the Mykos only work when they directly contact roots, and the gypsum is only taken up by the root tips, so I do the sprinklig over the pot, then throw a bit more of each in the bottom, if that makes any sense.

With the gridded bottom, the AirPots can lose a bit of coco along the way, so I pack down about an inch, and cram it into the farthest set of holes. Then add enough fluffed up coco to set the top of the rootball just below the top of the pot.

Then I’ve got to fill around the sides about 1/2 way, while trying to keep the plant plumb and centered… that doesn’t always work out!
Then smack the pot all around to settle the coco into the dimples, then add some more coco, and do that till it’s full. It seems to work best to do it in lifts, like pouring concrete into a form.
Anyway, this doesn’t compact it so much that the roots can’t get to pruning holes, and fills up any voids… that’s my thinkin’!

The AP’s have closed holes for the 1st 2x top rows, to keep water from running straight out, but I smoosh coco into the next set of holes, just cuz, lol!

Then top it off with coco, and slowly water in the rootball. I don’t worry about soaking the whole pot right now, the roots aren’t going too far overnight… and subsequent waterings will get everything moist later. The rest of the waterings, I pour it through pretty fast, I think it pulls more O2 in than doing it slowly.

Runoff goes into a tray with riser blocks. I put the AP bottom in the last set of pimples so I can squeeze 1 more inch of coco in there, and the risers keep the bottom out of the runoff stew.

The stew gets sucked up with the bucket head… and slung into the flower beds.

Set the timer for 16/8. Turd pipes are our friends!
I run the lights at night 7PM-5AM, so I also set my alarm for 6:59PM tonight to check that the light actually comes on. It’s amazing how quickly a plant can get yellow with no light, d’oh!

And, dat’s dat for dat.

I fell asleep, and let the big SSDD get a bit overgrown in her nethers. She looked like this yesterday.

Today…

Looks like it was little violent, so don’t report me to the PAC (Plant Abuse Commision). She’s still not finished stretching, 15 days since she was flipped, so she’ll get over it. I gave her some extra Ca to make up, lol!

So that’s it from down in the hole… happy Friday, and have great weekend:)

15 Likes

4 Likes

Ha ha! Good one!

6:59:59

All systems go!

15 Likes

Finally got this SSDD into bondage. I did a pretty poor job on shaping in her early days, but whatcha gonna do with kids these days?

I put her into 10/14, 21 days ago. Because there’s only 4 1/2’ from the floor to the lights, I try to pay attention as to when I flip. Kinda blew that too!

Usually I flip these at about 24" above the pot, and with some gentle pesuasion, they end up just under the lights. Flipped this one at about 20", just to get a little breathing room, and she hardly stretched at all, especially her midriff stuff.

I need to pull all the longer tops over, and tie them, and things may get a little more even. The tent is 4’ x 4.5’ x 5’… at least she’ll fill the width!

The Alunas are about 4-5 nodes, 21 days from seed.

I’m going to try @ReikoX 's sexing trick of putting them in 12/12 for 2 days, and see if they will show earlier than the 70-80 days it’s taken for some of mine!

And then there’s the sulfur doused SSDD tween who’s just getting used to her new shoe… now that I think about it, Airpots are kinda like Crocs :slight_smile:

I’m going to try to do a bit better on molding this one, lol!

And there you have it, another week drained to waste!

14 Likes

It’s the spiders bothers me…especially after having been bitten.

Wow that’s a pretty girl!

1 Like

Thanks @Herbie, she’s a bit shrivelled at the moment.

2 weeks hanging, about one more to go :yum:

They get me in the veggie garden, but I’ve made pets out of a few Wolf spiders in the crawl :slight_smile:

Thanks for poking your nut in, just watch where you sit!

16 Likes

I’m steeling this idea I need a temporary flower station for males

And those buds are stellar I’m drooling :drooling_face:

Great space as well
Must be quiet cool
In the summer

2 Likes

I’m sure I stole it from someone, too! I probably stole the scraps I made it from, too, lol!

It’s not really conditioned, so it can get warm when we have a week or so of 95°+ weather… the plants take it better than I do!

The beauty of the place is it was already a disaster zone before I put a garden in. I can slop stuff around, and just ignore it. The biggest plus is that Ms Horse is scared to go down there… I never have to hear about cleaning it up, lol!

Nice of you to pop in, Paps!

4 Likes

@HorseBadorites High there HB! Been lurking… I’m finally kicking over a wash tub and taking a seat! Hope you dont mind! I brought a few spliffs to share. :green_heart:

How are your Alunas coming along? Everything is looking good!

ATB
☆djsf

2 Likes

Another Twilight Zone moment, thought I had made a big post last week… but it may have been just a tincture dream! Had another cold, with a nice wet cough, couldn’t even vape, still can’t… tincture to the rescue :slight_smile:

2x zips of SSDD decarbed trim in 500ml of 1/2 & 1/2 190 & 150 Everclear.

Took another 2x zips and tumbled for kief , got 8.5g decarbed and put that in another 500ml of Everclears.

They went into the freezer, and were periodically shaken for about 50 days. I am getting a bit forgetful :slight_smile:

You can probably tell which is which, lol!

I wanted to see how the kief tinc compared to the trim… buuuut my train of thought had left the station and I mixed them both together, d’oh!

Nonetheless, it’s a killer brew, and just like this SSDD smoke, it melts my sciatica, and whatever other nerve pain I have that day! Whole new dimension in relief, and taken in the right amounts, a nice, working round the house buzz :slight_smile:

In another cold storage experiment, I had stuck 10x cuts in the beer fridge for a week to see if they would strike faster than room temp ones. I forgot them, too… they were behind the beer.

37 days later

All but a couple looked pretty punky… not a lot of turgor.

I stuck the best 5x in coco hempys and took 5x fresh cuts to compare.

Left fresh, right fridged.

I was ready cut more fresh ones this morning, but the limpers are straightening up!

The clone donor gals are ready for another snip.

The sickly SSDD turned the corner, so she went into bloom under the 315 under the mover last night

This last SSDD is 76 days from flip.

I usually take her at 70 days, but figured I’d see what happens at 80 :slight_smile: I run the lights at 10/14, so I think they may take a little longer than most, but tbh, I’ve never been able to see any difference running 12/12… Anyway, I wouldn’t mind a narcotic SSDD version!

These brown tips on some of the lower stuff drives me nuts! I do not try to push the plants, I wouldn’t like it if they pushed me, plus I make edibles with the trim, and I hate the brown stuff in there. It’s a pita to trim all those little tiny tips…and I’m the least OCD person on the planet, well, at least at the end of my driveway :slight_smile:

I upcanned the Alunas to 2 gallon airpots.

Moved them from the T5 tent to a 3x3 w/ a 315.

I’ve been steadily pinching the tops back to try and get a nice shape. They are 16 and18" at the moment, which is when I would usually flip, but I’ve gotta let the tops grow up just a little bit more.

And that’s it from down in the hole, thanks for stoopin’ in!

15 Likes

Love reading these posts, also some very attractive pictures! I always feel tempted to crack some of my SSDD F2s or crosses with B’s SSDD male after visiting this thread haha.

6 Likes

@syzygy

9 Likes

Thanks syz! My pics always seem a bit off to me since I lost my real camera. I take most of them at lights out (the lights kill my eyes), and the phone flash washes out so many details the buds just look like blobs!

I’ve gotten some nice plants out of some very poorly selected F1’s, I’d say go for it :slight_smile:

What have you got with the SSDD dad in it? Mrs B sent some Wookie 41 x SSDD that was very nice, but I didn’t find an extra special one… I should probably pop the rest of that pack… or pass it along!

ATB,

h

5 Likes

The amount of frost is still coming through nicely though! Love the bud structure there. Your SSDD gets the same kind of frost on the petiole as my bubbashine pheno, but yours seems to have dramatically better calyx- to leaf ratio.

GG4 x SSDD
Field Trip (GSC x SSDD) x2
Baba Kush (Bubba Katsu X SSDD)
Waking Dream (Wifi 43 x SSDD) x2
Chem 91 Skunk VA x SSDD
Kush 4 X SSDD
Sunshine Queen (3 Kings OG x SSDD)

Only one I’ve tried so far was (1) GG4x SSDD which was nice and relaxing, but I preferred SSDD f1. I’m not a big cookies fan but I’m kind of interested in trying out the Field Trip eventually because all the reports that I’ve read on it lean very positive. Kind of interested in finding a “butter” leaning pheno everyone speaks so highly of, and apparently the father is known for passing it on…

6 Likes