Under the Floorboards V 3.0

Man, that’s quite a list… I wouldn’t know where to start :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you start any, I’m a bit of a peeping Tom when it comes to SSDD!

hb

5 Likes

Alrighty then, photo dump time :slight_smile:
Took down this SSDD at 80 days. The longest I’ve ever run her. I’m hoping for some sleepy time meds, and more pain relief would be ok, too.

Very sour, very sticky. Slight sweetness beneath the the sour… sort of berryish, but not really :slight_smile: She was heavier than she looked, too.

She was in flower when I treated the rest with sulfur for pm, so she didn’t get any spray. I kept up with the CleanLight UVc on her until about 2 weeks ago. Not a spot of pm when I chopped her!!!

I’ve got her progeny under the mover, w/ a 315.

Only 6’ from dirt to joists, so I had to recess the mover in between a couple. Every inch counts under here.

Since I can’t easily raise or lower the lamp, I made the table adjustable. The crawl floor is pretty uneven, so I hung the table from the floor joists. It worked pretty well, until the other day when I tried to lower it, and one of the chains came loose, and dumped the poor lassie on the floor, d’oh! I hope some little ziptie handcuffs have fixed that.

She’s recovered, 5 days from flip.

Chopping the big girl opened up the 4 x 4.5 x 5 chamber, so the smaller Aluna (Bodhi’s Columbian Red x 88 G13 HP) went in there.

She’s got a 240QB, running 1/2 power for now, and a 315, both running 10/14. 6" Vortex extractor, a couple of 4" USB fans, and a 10" oscillator that doesn’t oscillate anymore. She went in at 18", and I’ll try to train her to fill space, if she’s willing!

The other Aluna went into the open area, under the same lights. She’s 20"… this space has 1 more inch of headroom, lol!

She can be a short fat Fanny in this space, but short is still key. Maybe 3.5’ from top of the pot.

I’ll see if I screwed up by having 3x in bloom at the same time, and in particular at this time. I usually let Bodhi’s stuff run 70 days, just seems to be when his stuff is done for me, which will end right about the 1st of July, We’ll be going to the coast for a week then, so I may need to take these a bit earlier.

I have someone who babysits when we go away, but he’s a geezer too, and I don’t want to push him with 3x big (to me) gals… hate to see him composting when I get back!

The bigger problem will be where to hang dry them? The last SSDD filled up my drying area all by herself… and I’m hoping all of these will be at least as big.

Might have to actually clean out some junk, arrrrrgh!

Hope y’all are having a green weekend, Spring has sprung here, it’s delightful!

Thanks for stoopin’ in!

13 Likes

Haha, yeah, I was looking at that pic and was like,”Oh, that’s pretty clever. He must take the plant off every time he wants to lower the table…” Guess not haha. Sounds like something I would do, actually.

Those pics of your SSDD are always so fucking impressive. The frost on her is unbelievable, love the way even the fans wayyyyyy out from the flowers always have a bunch of trichs on them, too. Gorgeous.

6 Likes

It’s amazing just how resilient these weeds are, lol!

I shoulda used eye bolts instead of hooks on the table end… and pay more attention to balance points when I’m faffing!

This SSDD pheno… what can I say, other than I’m attracted to shiny, sticky things. I may have grown out 3 dozen F1’s, and the same of F2 & 3’s, and she really is special. She has everything I look for in a lady. Doesn’t need fancy grub or drink, likes sensible shoes, doesn’t need make up to look stunning, and makes her own jewelry… and she helps support me, too!

Thanks for crawlin’ in :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I love the manicure you do on the plants. Great how you don’t just chop all the damn leaves off… I usually don’t touch my plants but your pro touch has renewed my interest. I see so many ppl just taking every poor leaf off the plant…anyway real pro job there. :grin::nerd_face::+1:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Pssshhhhhh, no joke. I was moving seedling trays from outside to inside the other day, only been above dirt for like five days and one of the cups spilled. Scooped everything back in, the one that spilled seems to be doing fine. Better than fine. Suspiciously well. Almost like,”Maybe I should dump all the dirt out of the pots five days after sprouting and put it back in every time…”-fine haha.

4 Likes

I appreciate that, but to be honest, I am a mother plucker!

At least for me, the never touch a leaf thing works outdoors, but not for the way I grow indoors. I pick off the “sinks” constantly.

I used to strip them in veg, then again after stretch, then again about 45 days in. That was a lot of work, and I’m a lazy git!

I saw someone talking about how the fan leaves help grow a better root system early on, and danged if it didn’t, and was easy! Sink vs Source.

I do have to take out a lot of the low, spindly, larfy stuff to keep the air flowing. And that stuff never has amounted to much for me anyway… and cleaning it out does seem to make for more and better quality up top!

I’d also read something Tom Hill wrote about leaving the fans when de-larffing, which ties into the fans and roots thing. He called it Pistil Whipping, so I are one o’ dem too!

I’m going to clean up the SSDD I dumped soon, I’ll try to post some pics so you can see what sob I really am.

Hay, it’s worth a shot, lol! I learned about topping from have the deer do the stomp on some babies… took me a while to catch on, but I finally got it!

7 Likes

I am a heartless bastard to these poor girls, but it does build character in the end, and some nice buds.

I started plucking the larf off the SSDD. She’s been in bloom for 8 days. Just seeing what happens if I whack a little earlier.

After

Mostly just a little pruning, crossed branches, stuff that would never grow up, and opened up the center a bit.

I got the fever then… and went for Aluna #1. She’s been in flower for 3 days, but had a lot of useless growth… at least useless to my eyes, we’ll see how she responds.

I may have had a little bloodlust after that, and went for #2.

This is the reason I thought to do some early cosmetology.

I had given her a good plucking earlier than usual, and it seems as though it made it frost on every surface :slight_smile:

I’m just seeing how bad these pics are, they look way more bejeweled in person.

12 Likes

The lower branches on this SSDD were getting a bit saggy. I usually put a fishnet bra on them, but these were way past her belly button. If she was a dog, she’d been a setter, not a pointer, lol!

My eyes are really sensitive to the lights, so I do most of the gardening, and photo shoots, at dark time with a head lamp and flash. Lights on 7PM-5AM, rates are lower! But, the pics aren’t usually as good.

I do go down during lights on about once a week to check that everything’s still working like it’s supposed to. The crawlspace gnomes can mess with stuff!

Last night was one of the checks. Same SSDD after some snipping. Hope to find out if she will grow all colas.

Aluna #1 in the limelights. 3 days from flip.

Aluna #2. Same.

They are looking great to my old eyes. Not so much in the clone cabinet. After over a year of getting everything to strike in a glass of water, the mojo has gone :frowning:

Took 15 about 2 months ago, they all croaked. Took 10 a few months before that, same thing.

3rd time isn’t always the charm, I figured I’d go back to coco hempys, and see how that worked. I’d stuck a few cuts in the fridge a month before, and forgot about them til now.

Tried 5 of them scraped and dipped in aloe, and 5 fresh cuts with the same treatment. The fresh cuts started croaking soon thereafter :frowning:

15 days later, we’re down to 4, and they were all from the fridge.

Still no roots.

Guess my next move should be to clean those trays, lol!

12 Likes

@HorseBadorites High, Horse! Everything is coming along beautifully! The Alunas are looking great! Hard to hear about the struggles with the clones! The survivors from the fridge are looking good and green though, sending some good natty roots vibes.

Your trays are well seasoned, like a fine cast iron :thinking::wink:

☆sonny

6 Likes

Mine, too! I’m really stoked about those Alunas, curious to see how they smoke for ya. They look real good, love how “bushy” they are.

What’s the deal with putting clones in the fridge? Are you just putting fresh cuts in there to keep them, uh, fresh, before you try to root them? Or are you actually trying to get them to root in there?

3 Likes

Ha, kinda like me! But I sure wouldn’t want to cook in one of them! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Someone here mentioned they’d heard from someone somewhere sometime that cuts stuck in the fridge for a bit would root faster than if not :slight_smile:

With the mojo gone, I figured I had nothing to lose!

I only need one to strike, and if there’s ever roots, the chilled ones will definitely be faster than the dead ones, lol!

These are two very different Aluna phenos. One is sort of columnish with a little branching, and the other is pretty squat and bushy in a very branchy way. It’s cool!

Thanks for the comments guys!

6 Likes

Really? They both look pretty bushy to me. Maybe it’s just the camera angle. Or maybe you’re just used to your beastly SSDD haha. I mean, shit… You saw those Bandaid Hazes I grew last round. Those were “columnar” haha. Straight up, straight down. Those Aluna’s look like two or three of the BAH’s put together haha.

3 Likes

Ha, well, columnish in a relative way, lol! Yea, I remember those BAH’s… it’s why I said columnish and not columnar :slight_smile: Either way, I like 'em both!

3 Likes

Huh, that’s interesting, I’ll have to try that. I’ve heard you can also keep the clones in the fridge for like a month before rooting them if you don’t have the space at the time.

Great job keeping that SSDD under control… looks like you’ve been working with her a while now and have learned her ins-n-outs. She was definitely one of the more bushy ones I grew as well, and could produce larf if you didn’t clean her up.

4 Likes

Just read top to bottom, damn good work your doing. Your experience shows.

I’m excited to see the Aluna do her thing, I’ve always been interested, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.
:+1:
Edit: also forgot to say, the basement crowded out with tools puts me right at home too, as does the improvised everything. Good show!

5 Likes

Maybe it’s a tomaytoe tomahtoe thing, but for me, cuts turn into clones when they get roots :slight_smile: These were cuts, no roots… and they were in the fridge for 38 days.

Only a couple looked less than bedraggled when I finally remembered them, but they all perked up after a few days in coco. If I ever get the touch back, it will be interesting to see if there’s any merit in cold storage, besides just keeping them alive!

And yes, the SSDD’s can make for a real rodeo!

Thanks for stoopin’ in :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, if I fuck up enough, stuff usually sinks in!

Phew, I’ve been trying to give it away since I retired, too bad it’s all old, worn out junk with cords. My kids are gonna have a real good time cleaning out when I croak, lol!

Thanks for looking!

6 Likes

Sell it, dude. Post it online. My girl does that all the time with shit that I’m like,”That’s garbage, just toss it,” and then, like thirty minutes later, she’ll be like,”I just sold that foot rest for thirty bucks on FB marketplace, someone’s coming by to pick it up. Can you take it out to them? I don’t wanna get abducted.” There are weirdos in the market for pretty much everything. Who knows what they use it for? That’s not our problem haha…

7 Likes

Haha, nah, you’re correct, I think. I should’ve used cuttings, it was a slip of the tongue/keyboard. That’s awesome you’re able to keep 'em for 38 days! Do you just keep in a glass of water or wet paper towel or something?

6 Likes