University of Washington x Cascadian Frost from Swami Organic Seed

So I have been looking for the UW, UDUB, University of Washington cut related anything for a couple of years now, and Swami Organics appears to have what I am looking for.
This was clone only that I grew the crap out of in the mid 90s. A strong, nutty Indica.
Big fans that would actually spawn tiny buds at the base of those fans when it was happy.
I only received 3 of those clones back in the day, but they were shared with many, many patients over the years.
I have to hand it to Swami Organics; 10 out of 10 above ground on the germination.
-wet paper towel in a baggie vertical.
-into sliced root riot plugs.
-5 beans left over; they do 15 bean scoops.
Really anxious to see how these go, as they blew people’s minds back in '95.
Being that this is the start of who knows how long a process, I don’t know if there will be selfing, F1, or BX-ing.
They are just 6 days old after all.
The UW that I grew was not a fast plant; 90 days flower was typical back then.
Lets get cracking!

I am doing these grow diaries for my own benefit so I can see WTF happened and to babel randomly.
Plugs got dried out in the tent that I am trying to recover some TG GG4 RILs, and I broke a tap root in the process, so we’ll see if it recovers.
Now, to keep the cannabis crunching cat away from the seedings…
Actually this is UW x (UW x Cascadian Frost) FWIW.

11 Likes

Plugs were cut in half for placement and soaked in pH 6.0 tap water treated with the Great White mycos liquid.
74 degrees F 50 % RH. no dome after above ground.

2 Likes

I’ve been exploring Swami myself, after being gifted some of their gear recently.
I’m curious to see if this meets your expectations…I hope it does :+1:
:sparkles::sparkles::bear:I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!:bear::sparkles::sparkles:

3 Likes

Thanks brother. we’ll know come September. Sooner I hope, but that’s how it goes…
I doubt all the bean sources, but I am happy with seeing 10 for 10 germination.
Actually broke a 1 year seed embargo to pick up this pack during their black Friday deal.

3 Likes

NL5 84 x Black/NL5 hazef6 breeder cut from Swami

10 Likes

Now this is an interesting grow you’ve got going on compadre.

4 Likes

I strongly agree. I am going to put a clone outside this year. The smell when I cut a clone makes me feel like the night before we left for Disney land as a kid.

1 Like

She is only in a 1 gallon pot. Organic soil out of Eugene Oregon. Distilled water and I spray with cannacontrol once a week.

1 Like

S25
Crowding these in with two 3 year old TG GG4 RIL mothers ( the producer and the terp queen) in my 2x4…

Potato phone…
Cooking right along, everything looking healthy.
Short, tight internodes,
…2 deaths along the way to a cannabis munching cat.
~1 month seedling phase is about what I expected going into this.
4-5 nodes developing; I like to wait until I have 7 and cut the top 3 for the first clone.
Watering sparsely to encourage root reach to the point just before drooping, and then they get a drench.
Nutes - 20 oz my city water with 3 drops Rapid Start gets the pH just right at 6.4.
Dirt - Happy Frog.

2 Likes

Unfortunately when we were growing it the internet source for info was The Lycium or something like that that pre dated web pages with pictures; High Times showing off northern lights in rockwool on ebb and flow tables gave everyone bud envy, but didn’t share any secret sauce…
Ed Rosenthal and George Cervantes bibles and bro science was all we had.
All sorts of terps lost to bad drying, wet trimming, and no one told us about curing.
Soil was all Black Gold and hydro nutes were Dutch Magic bottles.
It’s a brave new world these days.

F???
Back from hiatus.
Lost track of when I flipped these, guessing around Jun 1…
Been busy ignoring these. I’ve had multiple instances of letting these dry up in veg and flower.
I wound up loosing almost all the large fans in the process, and the ones left are half crisped.
I think there’s about 3 weeks left.
Got a bit of leaf curl going, so I just raised the light.

3 Likes