Swampthang - Green Journal

Alright, got some posts coming up. I did some measurements to try to be more detailed about what I got going on.

Age - sprouted Feb 28? Third week of flowering on a 12/12

Tent - GGT 2x2.5
400W light, nothing special, but I keep it close enough to the tops that they get enough light it seems without burning the tops.

Fox Farm ocean forest soil mixed very imprecisely with some perlite, coco coir, and peat moss. This resulted in a nice loose soil, but about 30% compression of the soil over time.

Heights - 24" AMS White Widow in the back, a 23" and an 18" Point Break

Temps - Average 74.5F range 65F - 88F
RH - Average 40% range 27% - 53%

No training at all, really, just let 'em grow and picked the bad leaves off the bottom. A little bit of tucking with the larger leaves.

Fox Farm trio nutrients at about half strength, just started in the past week.

Photos on the way.

7 Likes

Nice bud, gonna plunk down on the grass over here and watch the show. Best of luck.

1 Like

15 Likes

Some nice looking ladies there! Looking forward to seeing them grow.

3 Likes

Looking good!
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Going to watch the show. Plants look great!

3 Likes

Dibs on that far right corner. Plants looking SUPER lovely!!! Continued success, do stay safe, take special care, and be well. mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Closing out week 7 and looking pretty good. Green and happy even though the light is distorting the color a little.

7 Likes

Got some more photos coming in. I just need to try to get the dimensions right. I used a real camera so I’m not trying to dump some giant files on the server here.

1 Like

This is one of the Point Break plants. I got the seeds from a friend. This particular plant is coming along really well.

4 Likes

White Widow from Amsterdam. The tallest of the three.

5 Likes

The second Point Break.

5 Likes

So, that nearly closes out week 8. I did a little bit of defoliation this week, plucking out some of the leaves from the bottom. I’m probably not maximizing the yield with my technique, but I don’t really need a ton of bud.

High temps in the tent getting closer to 89F this week with an average of 74. RH sticking around 40. They seem to be accepting the nutrients okay, so that’s good to see.

Sweet, fruity smell with a little funk going on.

1 Like

The PB is starting to give off really powerful bright lemon, citrusy smell. WW is more grape and earthy.

Buds seem to be fattening up by this point from whatever I’m feeding them.

1 Like

Closing out week five of flowering.

Looking through the forums, seems like there was already someone else named Swampthing… great minds think alike, I guess.

5 Likes

@Swampthing was a cool do.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

I’ve learned a lot from this run and reading a ton on this forum. It’s good to be a caretaker for the cannabis.

5 Likes

They are starting to get frosty!!!

2 Likes

It’s nice to see them get some weight. The one in the front is actually starting to lean a little bit.

2 Likes

A little bit of progress from the last shot. @Greasy encouraged me to get a loupe, so I can take a closer look at trichome maturity.

Overall, I’m kind of impressed with how well they grew in spite of the lack of soil. Like I said in the beginning, I mixed some soil components together without really thinking it through and the soil compressed a bit, which you can see from the photos.

This photo was taken on the 55th day of flower.

2 Likes