Unleash the larf!

Im impartial to on demand vapes and ball injection vapes. Nothing comes close. they arent cheap though. the desktop models should last a lifetime

Yes smaller buds will dry faster. If you can keep the humidity around 60-65%(ideal and worth the trouble) you could still dry it for a couple weeks, but if it’s drier than that in your drying area monitor it to avoid over drying too quickly.

1 Like

Yes, it will a bit. Just something to keep an eye on.
(I use those little humidity meters you buy by the dozen from Amazon)

I saw a relevant article on the weekend.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Its the resin, not the look, that gets you high. Resin is resin whether on a calyx, leaf or stem. I think you did just fine. You haven’t mentioned the strain name. Some are Naturally more leafy. A good cure prevents a harsh chlorophyll packed bud.

Yes. Hang plants like this whole if possible. It will slow the drying time.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble keeping it at 60%, it’s actually easier to keep it at 64%… you’re saying anything under 65 is good?

Ok cool, I’ve got the AC Infinity Controller 69 sensor hanging at top of tent right with the buds reading 62F & 62% rh. Then the outside lung room cheap amazon hygrometer reads 58%. I figure the real answer is somewhere in between.

BTW thanks for the suggestion just went & ordered a Pax 3 for $160, hope it’s as good/reliable as the Pax 2. My sisters operation is tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll figure out how to use it before she gets home :+1: #fuckcancer

Cool thanks & it’s NL1

5 Likes

Oooh. An old one. Common to have more leaf with the older strains.

3 Likes

64% RH will work great. If you can keep the temperature below 70 Fahrenheit too it will cure great.

2 Likes

The look doesn’t affect the smoke or potency…often, environmental factors where they are dried can do that too!
May not have the ‘bag appeal’ of dispensary bud… but you know what went into and on it- so is a better medicine for you!

4 Likes

I had no idea. I guess that makes sense it definitely looked a lot different than all the hybrids I see in the budshot thread. My ego wants you to be right :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s true, the older strains I’ve grown mostly are a little looser but some of them still hit just fine, especially with some careful trimming. Most of these older strains were bred for outdoor or both indoor and outdoor so they’re a little more open to fight mold and mildew, I think.

2 Likes

I tell you what brother, I’m about to smoke me a sweet of some of that good old larfy bud.

It’s all about what larf you are dealing with brother. Hopefully I didn’t smoke too much.
Besides I would rather have larf than something laced with god know what, then the same a-holes will have the nerves to pour terpenes on mess, that’s being passed to the general public.
Mofo do the most. Good shit is good shit, no matter what it looks like.
I had a girl tell her friend that my bud didn’t smoke like it looked. I told the guy she was talking to, yeah it does smoke like it look!”
The reason it doesn’t look like that other shit is because I don’t want you confusing my bud for that other shit when you look at it.
Guys don’t even bother asking me what I have. They just take it and say they know it’s good because you alway got that gas. Fire ass smoke, that real GüüD! :+1:t5:

7 Likes

The larfy bud I grew this year turned out so good I have been ruined to other peoples weed meaning I can’t smoke anyone else’s as to it just doesn’t get me high as my larfy buds not even the dispensary weed I live next to a reservation with hundreds of shops .I have a beautiful bag of cherry Runtz that’s been sitting in the bottom of my emergency stash. That’s been there for weeks The Larf buds were 110 times more loud sticky and the taste makes you scrape up all your shake and save it and burn it in joints it’s covered in tricomes.

9 Likes

Thanks @Blu-Tri @CapnCannabis ! Got me feeling better about my buds chances :+1:

7 Likes

Judging bud by “bag appeal” is about as intelligent as judging an apple in the store by how BIG it is, or how “perfect” its skin is, which tells absolutely NADA about its taste or nutritional values, which after all is what is trully important.

As long as larfy bud is healthy and green enough when harvested, its as good as compact buds, of course. It’s strain dependent anyway; pure or pureish sativas don’t get more dense than that “larf” you have there, no matter how much one over-flowers the plant.

Nor does density neccessarily tell much of the effect of indica strains either. A really “nice looking” indica bud might be completely overflowered just because the grower wanted more weight, money… and then that bud is just really narcotic and heavy in effect because the THC has had time to degrade/transform way too much. Which yeah, some prefer if they just want to doze off and relax in that way.

7 Likes

^^^^ what he said ^^^^

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed breakdown @momo420 :+1:

2 Likes

if youre talking about the B series, i would skip those and go to the M… for not that much more. the new stuff dynavap has been putting out is dubious quality.

the M, omni, vong, all excellent… but the M is best value i guess.

2 Likes

Cool i’ll try this new-age electronic Pax 3 out, see if its easy & works for my sister. If not I’ll get a Dynavap M, I see lots of good reviews for it.

Just showed up, I got it charging now.

4 Likes

I’m sure everyone will experience it at some point or another it’s part of the learning curve.

Getting some bud to smoke + experience = a result imo, well done!

2 Likes

Ok so I vaped some last night and…

Drum roll…

All of yall were right…
IT definitely WORKED! :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes