Up pot and straight into flower?

I would like to up pot some plants from 1 gal - 3 gal but I don’t have room in my veg tent for all of them . If I up pot and move them into the flower tent will the roots fill out the 3 gal pots or will they put their energy into flowering ? They are in soil .

4 Likes

Lotta variables, but assuming they’re still growing full steam (i.e. not stalling from being root bound) they should root into the 3s while they stretch, and flower without skipping a beat.

10 Likes

Thanks for the reply .That’s what I was hoping to hear . They are growing well but are at the point where they need to go into bigger pots . :smiley:

4 Likes

I’d agree with this for sure. Just be careful to not put any additional stressors on the plants if you can help it- I did exactly what you ask about, and thinned lower leaves, and super cropped. Looking back, I shouldve waited to prune and supercrop a week or so after transplanting and flipping to flower. Theyve recovered fine after 3 weeks, but I feel like i lost something by doing all 3 at once and triggering flower.

3 Likes

They are very healthy right now . I’m going to have 10 plants in my 4 x 4 so I will probably lollypop them after 3 weeks of 12/12

6 Likes

As long as you are gentle and adjust the watering correctly I see no issue. I sometimes transplant during flower too

All the best

6 Likes