Upgrading for next grow

The subpanel wouldn’t be permanent, build it on a board with a dryer cord going out. That way you can plug it in anywhere you move with a dryer receptacle.

1 Like

Ok cool, I’ll definitely look into that. Can you point me in the right direction on what to look for? I don’t know a whole lot about electrical work.

1 Like

Would something like this work? Just plugged directly into the plug converter

1 Like

I don’t know tbh I’m not familiar with that. I always just made them from hardware store parts. So basically a dryer cord to a master breaker (30 amps) breaker goes to a small panel with breakers depending on how you want to split the power…like maybe 2 15amp breakers at 240.

Then from the panel to an intermatic t104 hot water heater timer and out to the receptacles. You can mount it all on a piece of plywood.

If you know any electrician friends it will be easy for them to make properly, if not don’t try it unless you’re 100% on what you’re doing and how it works. I’m sure there are prebuilt solutions out there but I’m not familiar with them… maybe someone here will know.

2 Likes

So pretty much this stuff wired together on a board or box?

Doesn’t seem to complicated, Thanks.

After doing some math it looks like I might be making a couple returns. Comes out to the about the same price to build as the power strip to plug converter.

Found a 4000w light controller that plugs into a dryer outlet for $90

1 Like

Reflectors and mh bulbs are in, ballasts and controller should be in by the end of the week. Seeds are on there way too hopefully they don’t get stuck in customs to long.

1 Like

Ballasts came in today. I feel kinda bad for the ups guy. Box with 3 1000w ballasts was heavy af.

Mother fucker. Of course the plugs don’t match the reflectors and now I need adaptors.

Can’t wait to see how this turns out. Sounds like you got your hands full man. Good luck.

Fucking things aren’t even dimmable. I’m fucking mad at myself. Gonna try and sell them then get the ipower ballasts instead.

Light controller is here, thought it’d be bigger. Time to get to work(after coffee)

How’s things coming along?

don’t sell your HID ballasts short :frowning:

they super lumen so you get 3300 watts :slight_smile: the more the merrier

all the best in your grow

Dequilo

and you can take it with when you go

1 Like

this is the light controller. Its got a cord for that plugs into a timer too, im just not sure if I should plug the timer into an outlet or if the controller powers it. So far all I’ve done is cut some holes for cords and fans, and screw some hooks into the ceiling. There goes my security deposit :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Stupid question, but can you daisy chain ballasts or do they each get their own plug?

No super lumens. Not dimmable either. 3 x Phantom phe1th240. By flower I’ll have a 4th in there too, probably gonna be the ipower for that one though.

BOO that is no good :frowning:

I have 6 of these I bought off fleabay

bought on sale for 75 buck each, 3 of them are dimmable and 3 are select a watt

bought at different times

I like the dial a watt idea so I can run lower wattage bulbs

the dimmable ones lights the bulb to full power of the ballast than dims them :frowning:

good luck in your quest

Dequilo

2 Likes