Upstate's Whatzit? Pile of seeds giveaway

This year was middle of November but we had a weird weather pattern. But end of October is usually when we get a hard first frost.

2 Likes

Sorry for not updating sooner,
Seeds showed up on December 30th and I thought why not put them in water on the 1st as a new year seed pop.

They were left in water for 10-12 hours then into the old paper town plastic bag in a warm cupboard method.

I can see atleast one cracked so we might have lift off sooner then later !

Thanks again @Upstate

Edit: photos won’t upload ??

3 Likes

Same here. Screenshots worked. Wierd.

Sweet! Bad time of year to mail seeds. They seem to take longer to arrive around Christmas and the New Year. I’m waiting for seeds myself.
Great way to start the New Year. I hope you find some special plants.

Just about everything i have is long flowering. Either warm locales, light dep or indoors are recommended. Can you extend the season somehow? What is your November like?

No I’m good buddy I was just playing I appreciate that you offered. But my November is decent we usually get first freeze nov 20th or so

1 Like

@Upstate I have read this again and … it does place to misinterpretation.
I’m not saying your seeds are not valuable. I’m saying that I am starting with not so valuable seeds first as a test. I’m referring to bulk seeds that I bought from shop. Just to clarify (I’m spanish… so I am translating as I am writing…)

Anyway… I started a thread on “growing diaries”:

3 Likes

Update : we have 8 seed above soil ! One didn’t crack and molded in the paper towel and one looked like it suffered from damping off which is unfourtnet but we progress.

They’re starting off in a mix of compost, perlite and peat moss. That I sterilized in the oven.

Hey @Upstate, when would you recommend putting these into the flowering room? I’v never grown landrace sativas before so any advice would be greatly appriciated

Thanks again !

9 Likes

I was just teasing. Your time is valuable too. I want to see you do well with a grow is all. Will check out the thread.

2 Likes

A good veg time makes the plants more mature and more potent and quite possibly even less prone to hermie on you, but you can and should switch to 12 12 now like i do. If at any point you feel they are too small, just up pot before week 8. Be prepared for a long haul😁 and these will stretch. Alot. Small container sizes are your best friend. The thing is you don’t want the plants getting rootbound…or too big. That’s why I like to use multiple containers. I’ll go from a solo cup into a quart, 1/2 gallon, 1 gallon, 2 gallon and finally 3-5 gallon after the stetch is over. Every 2 weeks i’d up pot this first round. This keeps a plant from feeling like it is out of room and prevents you from having to feed the plants, which can be hard to properly do when you’re 1st growing Sativas. Depending on plant size you’ll be able to skip some container sizes but plan on several transplants as you get your feet wet with longflowers. If you screw up, a transplant is a quick fix.

If you find a keeper i recommend you grow it again. They are better and faster round 2.
What is your grow style? Use 1/3 normal nitrogen and other nutes for starters. Maybe increase to 50% by flowering time. Organics are preferred but @Papalag and @George did great with liquid

8 Likes

3 of 4 sprouted gonna drop 4 more soon waiting for space 1st pic is the most vigorous and longer internodes

7 Likes

@Upstate here is a challenge, should you choose to accept it. :sunglasses:

Try to identify the unknown plans you gave out just from the pictures.
I guess you could ask for smells ect, to help you.

The thought just popped into my head and I thought I would share it with ya.
I love the concept of this thread too, seems like a fun way to share.

Peace
Shag

4 Likes

See what you started @Upstate haha lovely to see bro! Spreading it and growing it man, this shit is entertaining to watch and again, my hats off to you sir :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I managed to mute my own thread again. Dang!

2 Likes

Oh I will definitely try to figure out what everything is. The seeds aren’t so random as what I made it seem😎. I was worried people would end up with something they didn’t enjoy, so I put seeds in there that I knew they would enjoy. I only knew what seeds I put in each pack( In most cases 3 or 4 types)…and may have lost the paper where i wrote it down, lol. If there was a request I filled it. If someone said they hoped there was some Jamaican in there for example, there’s Jamaican in there etc.

4 Likes

Very nice. Looking happy. At 1st glance it looks Thai dominant ( last photo) I see a Oaxaca dom plant in there too. Darker leaves

3 Likes

I’m like a little kid with this stuff my friend. I feel like I did when I was 5 years old when I got that new toy truck my friends wanted to play with. It made me happy to let them play with it :grin:

10 Likes

Sure will not be the last time… :sweat_smile: :rofl:

3 Likes

We have a word for this: Compersion.
It’s not a widely cultivated experience within a culture that celebrates individualism, but some cultures truly embrace it (Buddhism, Polyamorous relationships, the South African concept of Ubuntu which means “I am, because you are”).

Here’s a little article about the idea of it.

“Compersion is our wholehearted participation in the happiness of others. It is the sympathetic joy we feel for somebody else, even when their positive experience does not involve or benefit us directly. Thus, compersion can be thought of as the opposite of jealousy and possessiveness.”

How amazing would it be if all humans, like what you’re describing, experienced the joy of others as their own joy?

Thanks for being you, brother

5 Likes

Lol. Probably not😁
@HeadyBearAdventures hopefully someday its a common concept…aside from that bang anyone part​:rofl::joy::rofl: i haven’t seen that work out for anyone yet.

2 Likes

Update on the babies. Day 15 above ground, 7 seedlings pulled through. The more I think about it I probably was the cause of the 3 others not making it, I probably had the environment to wet. But lucky for me @Upstate makes some tough plants. Keeping these seedling under 12/12. Wish me luck !

7 Likes