Used Equipment for sale or trade

Hey it’s food safe what you do with it is your business

5 Likes

Hey @Dirt_Wizard - very cool, and thanks for the note (now to see if I kept those parts).

…and thanks also for getting OG lubed-up all around!

1 Like

Hey guys I’m sure a lot of y’all have heard about me recent Unfortunate Events with all my tools genetics and girl equipment stolen along with pretty much anything of value when my property got ransacked this last year quality and my wife were stuck out of town with a broken down RV… we’re slowly getting everything back together and trying to get our grow up and running finally got a vehicle yesterday and got a lot of genetics coming in the mail from amazing overgrown members including some stuff to start my mushroom cultivation up again but I still need to get some lights and some heat

If anybody’s got a lead on some good LED lights or know of any equipment that could run off solar power that’d be awesome I’m looking to make a mother/clone/breeding greenhouse tent setup that runs off solar power basically.

I’ve located in Butte County here in Northern California and the rest of my family lives up in Redding or down in Sacramento in the bay so I’m always in between one place or the other.

If you guys know anybody that’s got some old lights or any type of equipment that they’d be able to sell dirt cheap somebody trying to get back on their feet have them hit me up or let me know…

Thanks so much guys, yall are the best!

I love it here at OG.

5 Likes

If you’re trying to run off of solar and a battery bank, you’re going to want the most efficient thing you can afford and that’s probably a DIY strip grid with Bridgelux Gen 3 strips. You just need to track down some good wire and framing materials for cheap or free, along with a driver, and follow one of the guides here or on LEDGardener and I bet you can do it for a small mother and breeding space for $1-200 for something very nice and efficient. Just remember that with LEDs the rule of efficiency is run your diodes soft and your drivers hard for the best umol/j, so for a solar setup I’d add an extra strip or two and run them all lower to save that 10-20% because it’ll matter to you.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/filter/led-lighting-cobs-engines-modules-strips/111?s=N4IgjCBcpgbGAWKoDGUAuAnArgUwDQgD2UA2uABwBMADAMwUiFgCcVFsjAuoQA7pQQAZSwBLAHYBzEAF9m8AKzIQaSFjyESkcnXoswNEDxD9BIzBOlyQAWirLV6gsTIglXazYjQVGHM61yFgB2WCNPJB9Hf01XDio6FiYQeIRDQmCFAwgPGRkgA

3 Likes

Awesome man that’s the kind of information I was hoping to get.

Many Thanks! Imma check the link out now n do a search with those parameters.

2 Likes

No worries man, this is the best laid out directions even though it’s a few years old everything still applies just plug in the numbers for the newer strips using their formulas. They got a lot more efficient in the last few years so the Gen 3 are worth the extra money:

And this is the massive LED strip DIY build discussion thread here, to make it more manageable I’d sort for messages from @Gpaw @ReikoX or the OP, @Mr.Sparkle

7 Likes

If you need a myco heater this one’s pretty cheap but you can also see how it could be DIY’ed easy with some cheap or used materials:

https://www.mycolabs.com/indoor-greenhouse-martha-tent-heater-and-humidity-control-unit.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-oqdBhDfARIsAO0TrGEfpiemvMPN3XmE1BcsWR-KnJfTwyw9kdxXZnZLFXVqgw2H5YQx4-saApWaEALw_wcB

If you need a small DIY indoor greenhouse heater for off grid this design should work well for very cheap:

Heater Bloc’s Guide to Building A Copper Coil Alcohol Heater 2021-1.pdf (1.8 MB)

2 Likes

Turns out Dirt Wizard is a legit information wizard :+1: That off grid stuff is cool af

6 Likes

Among my talents is a surprising amount of off-grid knowledge for someone who’s never done it long term, both the primitive kind and the “modern technology is fine I just don’t have grid electricity or running water” kind. There’s a lot of partially or totally off grid folks in my area but most of them don’t do self sufficiency they’re just in the woods somewhere cheap living in a cabin or trailer or tiny house cabin on a trailer.

8 Likes

One other positive note is that I just got an email from AK Bean brains who had sent $500 for seeds 2 years ago and he got the package back like at the beginning of last year it had gotten lost in the mail for months coming from Alaska… and he told me you can send it to my sister’s address cuz I don’t trust anything going to my property right now… but yeah he told me that a couple weeks ago and I just got the email back from him yesterday saying that it’s in the mail and I thought he was going to have to get payment again cuz he had actually MoneyGrams me my 500 bucks back but he’s just going to let me have them I guess and he kicked in a bunch of free random seeds that are unlabeled that he had laying around so I’m kind of excited about that… so between that and the testers and the freebies that everyone has sent me here I’m f****** set for years to come and I appreciate everybody so much… it’s coming to my attention that I look like a scam or a thief because I did ask for seeds on Z Labs the year before last before everything went to hell and though I posted what happened in my thread I’m realizing that most people didn’t see that and so they just remember me showing up and asking for stuff and then disappearing… and then basically doing the same thing here so I understand that there’s nothing I can do to make people’s minds change except not do what they think that I’m doing and that’s what I intend to do so hopefully I get my growth red started on both the labs and here and be able to show my progress and hopefully get the trust back of the people in the community that I care about a lot… it’s kind of one of the worst feelings to have somebody who’s helped you when you were down think that you were unappreciative or just trying to scam them but I totally understand where they’re coming from…

One thing I do find kind of funny though is that they think I’m trying to like make money off this when there’s no money in weed anymore like when I work to the hydro shop in group plants back in like 2008 I can sell pounds to the east coast for like four grand nowadays people are selling pounds around here for literally $100 there’s absolutely no money in it but it’s just something that I enjoy and I love gardening and I want to be able to grow all kinds of plants and not have to buy my food at the store and stuff but yeah I better put up or shut up so I’ll start my thread here pretty soon and hopefully not look like such a douchebag… this is cross posted in two different threads that I was asking for Stuff in case anyone’s wondering

And no I didn’t spell check it or check for errors so probably looks incoherent and again like a 12-year-old on Ritalin… sorry about the fact that I have to use talk to text guys

2 Likes

Anyways back on topic I got a pretty cool USB chargeable work light that I’m going to use for my ceilings at first had I know it’s not a actual gardening light but supplemented with sunlight I’m sure it’s more than enough to get stuff vegging…

I know it’s not solar but at least I can charge it when I have access to power and I’m hoping that it just a couple of these will be enough for clones and small moms/ dad’s at least enough to get me going till spring

Probably going to grab a couple of those crappy Solar Pathway lights they have at the Dollar Tree and use those to supplement it as well at least it’ll keep stuff from going into flower early

what do they say about necessity? Its the mother of all shitty inventions?

Haha

2 Likes

My kind of livin’! :rofl:

1 Like

This was intended as a private message in an ongoing conversation. Sorry for the indiscretion.

1 Like

I have two LGECON lights 220w supposedly ill let em go for next to nothing in modesto area

I traded for a engraving. It was and still is very unique. And nicely done, haven’t seen @DudeWithLasers for a while…

—Selling x2 SP-3000’s from Mars Hydro in like new condition for $600 for both lights + exact shipping—

Lights are a year and a half old, but all the diodes are still working and light up and the wires are not frayed or exposed in any way. Both in 100% working order. The only reason I’m putting them up is to upgrade to an FC-E6500 to better fit the space. Will post pics in this post tonight when I go down next and can send in dm by request.

1 Like

Brand new shipped from mars they are $690…

They are 359.99 x2 = 719.98 not including shipping.

Coupon code mrgrowit. Or any of the others they offer. Hundreds available. Via youtubers.
And shipping is included from mars.

1 Like

If you would like to offer I’m open to a little haggling, but I paid around 400 each and me shipping them is not free as it would be for a company like Amazon or Mars hydro. Even at $600 shipped its still almost $100 in savings for like new lights and they don’t have to worry about CC/Debit card. Also some people just don’t like using Amazon so just throwing it out there in case anyone wants them. I’m fine keeping them for when and if I have a bigger space, but could use the extra funds for a new light now instead of waiting. I appreciate you pointing it out to me!

3 Likes