Vacuum Sealer suggestions + long term storage

Not sure about that one the link @MBVapester posted will allow you to stop the vacuum and seal at any time. I have the same machine and it’s sealed a ton of stuff .

2 Likes

Yes the one I posted is the model I have and you use the pulse setting to stop when you want.

2 Likes

Perfect.
Thank you both!!!

1 Like

OH buddy

That’s some commercial grade stuff there lol

Out of my budget.

Thanks though hahahah

2 Likes

I think I’ll just go.to wallyworld and see what they got .

They usually have 2-3 types .

Probably $89-159

You get what you pay for though lol!

I’m only a small family of 2 so I don’t think I’ll need the heavy duty one. I dont even do Costco much.but I will be once I find a good machine for dual purpose.

2 Likes

I use a foodsaver v3020 had her for years. Maybe 6-7

1 Like

And yeah shes only got three buttons all i gotta do is press vacuum and seal. And when the amount of air is out just hit seal button. Good stuff for freezing fresh spices.

1 Like

Right on!! Thanks !

I found a decent one on amazon with a pulse button
$70 range

However a review mentions it gets too hot on the strip and melts the bag lol. Has to put 85 minutes between every 3-4 Seals.it has a double heat strip.

I could work with that .

5 Likes

Walmart for the win!!! $43.99? Few quart bags and few gallon bags. The seperate roll cost almost as much as the unit!!

Single heat sealing strip.
Didn’t crush the produce.
Sealed just as I wanted …
Got my home gown trim sealed up now for a friend down the road to cook with or for me to make dragon breath !

I can honestly keep the wedding cake trim and smoke it because it was so good and crystally lol. And lots of little popcorn nuggy’s.

Also sealed up most of my chem91 for later use. Too much of a cerebral physchadelic high I found .

Not sure if I’m going to try the chicken Lol…I’d have to double Bag it and wear gloves to avoid any contamination .

2 Likes

Granted - I should neverhave to smoke trim or shake again LOL.
I do enjoy a bit of leaf taste sometimes

Trim makes excellent hash , edibles well worth sealing and saving for a rainy day.

1 Like

I always wondered…
When making hash…
Using different variety’s of cannabis flowers plant matter …is there a name for that? Rather than a hash made from XYZ variety.

But a hash made from 3 different variety’s plant matter.

What kind of buzz are you getting??? Lol does it matter once it’s been converted to extract ???

And what about edibles made from different variety’s,p?? Are the effects noticeably different?

More often than not my hash is a mix of different plants. I save trim until I have enough for a run.

Once it’s pressed and has time to rest it’s just a mellow hash buzz.

I don’t really notice a difference in edible stone

3 Likes

There is differences if you keep things separated , if I run a couple oz of sativa vs indica bud you’ll notice a difference in the buzz as well as taste.
Shake isn’t as easily to see a difference unless your running the same strain mines a mix of several plants.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s almost like giving away the razor blade handles in order to sell blades that will only fit that handle for years to come. But the good news is, you have options for bags.

To save money, get the LARGE 11" rolls on Amazon that are sold in multiples. I usually get them in packs of 3 to save even more money. Oh, and be sure to get BPA free if you plan to cook in them. I have sous vide machine, so it’s definitely a requirement for me.

1 Like

I use this and have to say I’m pretty happy with it use it for bagging up the sausage I make,
Bought it off a lady on Facebook sales for $30 spanking new
She gave me a shit load of bags to use for it as well.

Then I went
To the company website to do the warranty thing ,they also sent me 2
Rolls of bags for free

One time I did a vacuum pack pound of purple Urkle,it all stuck together

2 Likes

I will check out amazon for some roll deals! Thanks!

Also - like the printers at Walmart for $50 - but the ink refills are $80 lol so people are just buying a new printer every time the cartridge runs out for the half cartridge it comes with lol

But I’m happy with this sealer for now

I will take note of storage suggestions for longevity.

I forgot all about cooking with the bags!

1 Like

Walmart cashier offered me a warranty at checkout … i didn’t bother asking cost. I .just declined.

You got a good deal though N and lucked in with the free bags!

There has got to be some tricks to using these sealers

Im going to YouTube vaccume sealer tricks lol will report back

The one I have has 2 settings normal or lite,
I used the vacuum sealer in work to do the pound of purple Urkle lol…Facebook sales is great
Always a bargain to be had

1 Like

Here’s a link to the last bags I bought. It’s a 4 pack, but they sell a 2 pack for about half that price, so you don’t really save a lot by getting a 4 pack. This same seller also sells through Walmart online.

BTW - they’re 50 foot rolls, and in this case, size DOES matter :wink:

1 Like