Vacuum Sealer suggestions + long term storage

Haha!!
Sickkkkk!!! Thank you! Hopefully other OGerz can see this also!

Already found a cool trick!

Aside from learning you can feed the bag through the top of the machine when making rolls.

Hard to explain really. Making small bags by making perforations by sliding the bag after the heat strip is done. Then you cut down the middle of the widened heat strip having two bags .

It’s only the first video I watched but I’m sure there are more lol.

3 minutes in

2 Likes

lol…yeah, I’ve got some vacuum sealer skilz

This pic was taken before I cut everything into individual packs of pollen - and every single one of them remained vacuum sealed after separating.

14 Likes

:100:
:open_mouth:
Dayum!

Might as well be GREAT at something If you are gonna do it at all!! lol

I may need those combo pack rolls for practice / new hobby .

Just spent my weekly amazon allowance though lol won’t be long now. I’ll put them in the cart haha!

1 Like

Sucks that the textured bags for impulse vac sealers are so expensive. I seal a ton of food and weed very often I’ve been on the fence for years about a chamber sealer. They do a stronger vacuum and also the bags are much cheaper. They are expensive as fuck though. I used them at a bunch of jobs/culinary school and they are a lot faster for doing large amounts of stuff too but the price is really hard to stomach. Being able to vac seal mylar bags would be great though. I’d freeze a ton of weed in that :stuck_out_tongue:

For sealing food I need to use 2 foodsavers at the same time because of the 15 second wait time in between sealing makes it take forever. No problem with weed though, have to be careful not to crush it though. Amazon seems to have a bunch of much cheaper impulse ones that have good reviews too. I haven’t tried any though.

1 Like

Thanks for input.

What is impulse one mean ? Is that a feature or you mean impulse buying

Impulse ones are the kind where the bag is on the outside of the sealer vs inside like a chamber sealer. The impulse ones are the most common for at home.

1 Like

My best available deal is 2 11”x50’ rolls for 27.99 CAD

1 Like

If you’re talking about the ronegye ones those are what I personally use. Sometimes they’re unavailable but I like these ones a lot better than the foodsaver ones and they’re cheaper too.

1 Like

Costco if in Canada I’ve found to be the cheapest I think 2 x 50 ft plus 8 quart bags I believe was 22.00 cdn.

1 Like

I dunno what amazing Costco you have nearby but as far as I remember I always paid 40+ for the foodsaver multi box. The main reason I switched to amazon bags in the first place. The foodsaver rolls are much less than 50ft too (16ft x 11 inch four rolls and 20ft x 8 inch one roll) least they are in that box.

This is what brand I switched to, lasts much longer and is cheaper.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=Ronegye&ref=bl_dp_s_web_20125742011

Edit: do I smell another og group buy? lmao just kidding.

Edit again: forgot to mention those big 50 foot rolls when brand new don’t actually sit properly in the foodsaver vac sealer because they’re too fat but it still works and when some gets used it gets easier to cut.

1 Like

I’ve only found that package once the previous time it was a box like you described multipack and more money .ill have to check the amazon brand out definitely cheaper.

2 Likes

they have mylar bags for that and oxygen packet things to remove the 02 I got the brown jars and the attachment to do jars works well, don’t know about the 0 2 packs yet efficacy wise but will be trying it also

1 Like

These ones I just ordered

Ronegye Vacuum Sealer Bags Rolls for Food Preservation with Double-Sided Texture Channels, Reusable, BPA Free, Commercial Grade, 2 Rolls of Each Size: 11" x 50’ (Total 100 Feet) (Clear).

2 Likes

What model do you have ? I need one with those options?

Foodsaver is the brand my wife got it at WalMart it came with the tubes for bags and jars and you can get that stuff separately there also, I used it first for broccoli worked great then tried buds very nice

1 Like

Thank you , I’m on it. I have one I’ve had forever but she’s not so easy to gauge for precision anymore. And never did have an option for jars, love that idea , as jars are my go to.

1 Like

Yeah they have the brown jars now so I got a four pack, its good to keep the light out but I do like seeing the bud in the jars. My wife and I went to the dispensary in MA, she likes the “Cannabis Infused Selzer” It is expensive to buy the flower etc., I got some gummies. Plus you have to pay tax. I am happy to help Overgrow the world

Is this a good one ???
It has a stop button : )
And Inkbird is usually a good brand that us growers trust : )

Maybe someone with more experience in these could run their professional eye over it , befor I pull the trigger : ) they also do the sous vendi thing aswell ( Inkbird )

3 Likes

This is the one I have. Got it off Amazon 4 years ago, and still works great with frequent use. Has a little bag cutter inside and everything.

3 Likes

Looks good to me has a stop /seal button .

1 Like