Vacuum Sealer suggestions + long term storage

Thanks @SeymourGreen I’ll see if that brand is available over here : )

Thanks @ShiskaberrySavior its on the number one spot so far , appreciate the advice : )

3 Likes

OK, I learned that the food sealers are not cheap anymore, lol… double what I thought for the cheapest. I would like a new one. Maybe soon. Mine is a damn near 20 year old Seal a Meal.

3 Likes

I got my gear !!! Some happy it’s not the ones with the 2" flaps on each side.

What’s the purpose for those ??? Better vaccumign ? Cheaper plastic?? Foodsaver roll I bought…ugh.

Anyway…got the jam now!

1 Like

Woo hoo! Those 50 foot rolls should last you a while.

Huh…I’ve never even seen them. I can’t imagine why they’d make them that way. I mean, they aren’t saving plastic, they’re just wasting storage space. :thinking:

Look
Joke
Eliminates more than half the bag.
Actually 3” on ewaxh side Gone To waste rom doesn’t vacume properly[grid]

[/grid]

1 Like

Maybe the bottom of bag is bigger but you have To fold and tuck the creases at top To fit in the channel which can Be a female dog.
It just leads to needeing moee plastic to get enough at the top to fold the creases in.

2 Likes

I didn’t like them . Maybe I’m using wrong., I mean you can fit a lot more in there’s cubic wise…

But it’s harder to seal and takes forever to vacume out all the air

1 Like

SO further inspection and thought.

It gives you more of a cubic square space …opening up the bag.

However if you can neatly tuck the flaps back in at the vacume channel you are good.

1 Like

It’s also harder for the heat strip to melt through all the layers of the flaps.

=junk

1 Like

Weird. I’ve never seen that. Clearly designed to create a more cube shaped bag. It might be good for some applications, but certainly not necessary for most.

I’m trying to picture how you did this. Would you mind elaborating a bit?

Ehhhh .

I dunno…you can definitely fit more bulk stuff in there…like a small turkey or something lol

Seems like alot of wastage for what I want it for. Lol and the seal over additional plastic is iffy…it’s not ribbed on both sides.

1 Like

Measure and cut. Seal the bottom. Measure and double seal the 3 “channels” (double seal = one seal next to another). Push each pack down to the bottom seal to make a row. Double seal above the packs to create a new row. Rinse and repeat.

Once you have the packs sealed, you can take a ruler and blade to separate at the center of each of your double seals.

Make sense? I started doing this years ago when I would hand out the 4 different micron sizes of bubble hash (25, 45, 73, 120). Those skills came in handy for the pollen giveaway I did.

3 Likes

Have you looked into the Grove Bags

Absolutely makes sense and that’s a great explanation. Thanks for the taking the time to break it down for me dude. Putting this in the toolbox for later.

2 Likes

All this bag talk. Got myself another 450ft of rolls :rofl: should last awhile and now I can freeze some more seeds.

4 Likes

My heating strip wouldn’t last through one of those rolls LOL…

1 Like

I love my seal a meal. I get my rolls from Uline of all damn places. But I get a few things and repurpose them into what I need.
I never run my buds in the normal setting but in the lower setting, nor do I let it time out to make a seal.

1 Like

I don’t use my sealer anymore. Reluctantly switched to valved zipper bags and haven’t looked back.

But my old supplier is gone. So I been using sou vide bags and ignoring the port all together. Turns out a little airspace doesn’t bother much. Hard to find good sizes and quality

3 Likes

i’m extra sensitive too, i can’t tolerate anything scented, i hate perfumy anything

do you think a regular ol fridge freezer goes thru defrost cycles? and what do you think about putting the cured weed in sealed mylar bags in the freezer, would that work?