Thanks again-

1 Like

This bud won’t stop growing-

Week 10…

3 Likes

Cement shoes is in week 10-

Running out of gas…

3 Likes

Pregnant Cloudspin is getting frosty, and has started smelling funky.

2 Likes

Cement Paralyzer

Paonia Purple Paralyzer x Cement Shoes

My attempt to pollinate a single branch of Cement Shoes, seems to have worked out well.

I found 15 viable looking seeds, in one bud.

None in the rest of the plant.

Thanks @DougDawson for sending the PPP pollen.

Having a lot of fun with it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very cool bud, 15 seeds is more than enough to have some fun with, congrats at your first attempt. Glad it worked out well for you.

1 Like

Congratulations!! Super cool
I am just investing myself into some breeding knowledge by reading around the forum and asking questions.
I’ve seen a few times people pollinating single branches .

However the whole concept of this is new to me

May I ask

At what stage do you introduce the pollen to your female?
In flower - I assume -and late enough in flower to have calyx? And soon enough to allow the plant to produce viable seeds? + @DougDawson @Purple-N-Hairy

I always feel bad asking questions on OG - and feel I could google it. But I trust my o.g. fan.

P.S. HOW do I acquire pollen? My only access to seeds are FEMMED

Should I be working with male seeds to create my own pollen ?
I apologize to interrupt your thread vape.

I would need to find some Reg seeds then.

Hopefully I can make some friends. And have something to trade soon!

2 Likes

Never feel bad asking questions bud, that is the main thing about this place, sharing knowledge. Now I am not the most experienced by any stretch but as far as I know you wait till you get decent pistils forming and than you can hit them with pollen. Once you do they will recede and turn brown shortly after. Now I see you tagged @Purple-N-Hairy . He is much more experienced then I so should be able to give you some great advice.

3 Likes

& yes - I mean feel bad asking questions on other members threads :wink:

And sometimes just asking generic questions google could answer.

Thanks Doug

3 Likes

With a known strain, when I know how long they take to finish, I subtract 5 weeks from the approximate day the plant will finish. This will give the seeds plenty of time to mature on the plant. If they take a bit longer, it’s usually OK - it just means you might get a more couch lock high from the weed. This allows for decent sized buds to be developed prior to pollination, ensuring an excellent chance of getting a super high seed count.

If I don’t have personal knowledge of how long the strain takes to finish, I will research as much as possible for what others have said when growing the same strain in similar manner and medium as I do.

Edit: I should add, you might be wise to not do what I do! Google is your friend, and you have a ton more friends here. I base my method on my personal experience, and I never actually researched what anyone else does. I may be doing it all wrong - but it works for me! :laughing:

4 Likes

Very helpful.

A++

Thank you !

I will have so many more questions when I start my research and develop a breeding plan.

I may have access to some outdoor males from my friend . I don’t know.if I would know the genetics
.but for.personal it could be a start.

And say I didn’t have pollen from a member (hehe) -
How do you harvest pollen from a male? Flower it?

Do males bloom pollen…and females flower ?

Apologize if my terminology is incorrect

EDIT haha
My questions sort of spawn out of no where.

This site is the breeding ground of those questions.

I don’t want to go to Google then come on here with all this flase bravado knowledge lol

I lay my cards flat on the table and shoot for aces

2 Likes

Im all confused now.

Hemp seeds… I always thought hemp was male cannabis.

How would hemp seeds be created??? Lol

1 Like

Here’s a thread where I show a little of my pollen collection approach:

2 Likes

Hey bud, take a look at my PPP seed run thread, it will show you some good photos of the progression of the males and pollen collection. I used a metal bowl, an electric tooth brush and simple tapping of the males over the bowl to collect pollen.

2 Likes

Thank you for the short cuts :slight_smile: @Purple-N-Hairy n Doug.

Back to you Vaportrail

3 Likes

I would love to see this thread blow up with questions-

That’s why I’m here…

I’ve made seeds before, but usually on accident :slightly_smiling_face:

I had plans to find a good male and collect pollen myself, but sadly, my wife and me have a different vision for our indoor grow…

First time using mailed pollen, and I’m excited to see what kind of plants Doug’s male produces-

2 Likes

LOL

I thought I remembered you when I saw your old-school tag, but now I’m wondering if you spell your name differently…

We’re you growing 20 years ago???

1 Like

Just lurking and smokers lounge (whatever it was called then )probably , 2003-2005 maybe?
Same name though
Learning ettiquette and looking at pictures of flowers and Sharing stories

1 Like

I got 5.7 ounces of dried very solid, dense nuggs from my last Cement Shoes “cookie” phenotype.

Not the best bag appeal, but cookie terps are loud…

My first impression of this phenotype was a somewhat underwhelming buzz-

But after curing for a while, and considering I’m a daily med user, the buzz is decent…

Not as heavy as the blueberry pheno-

In the end, it’s what I’d call a relaxing buzz, daytime smoke for a heavy smoker :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes