Vegetable Garden 2021

Damn your ground is not liking that.

2 Likes

That sucks, we got another 1.5 inches last night, but it’s draining away quickly thankfully, the one 3 week’s ago left a foot of water in my basement and our small brook rose about 10ft flooding our yard like yours to nearly 3ft, luckily our car was parked on higher ground.

1 Like

Garden is doing fine after the 2 floods…

3 Likes

Everyone is loving these shishitos and okras, I have so many of them and I have been giving them away…

4 Likes

It’s been a weird season this year and my figs are finally starting to ripen…

Okras are going into overdrive…it’s $7.99 a pound at the stores and the ones they have are pathetic looking…

My bagseed is also doing well…I’m so glad that the floods didn’t mess up my garden…

4 Likes

Earlier this season I had a visitor, forgot to post it…this had to have been a baby one, it stuck around for about 2 days…

5 Likes

Are those the slimy vegetable? :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Yes it is…I’m growing 3 different strains…

1 Like

Fig and okras are going into overdrive, I’ve been giving them away…tomatoes are still producing…

5 Likes

This plant is in my vegetable garden and it sticks out like a mofo…I’m glad I topped it otherwise it would be at least 6ft. tall…

6 Likes

Last years cayennes, now dust
And this years getting ready to be strung
Keep it spicy

6 Likes

I will be having tomatoes well into this years holiday season folks…they will gradually be ripening up…

4 Likes

Was always told by my next door neighbor in my teens to wrap it in newspapers so they can ripen up…almost 24 hrs. later here’s the results…

3 Likes

Do you think it’s the paper or being in darkness :thinking:

2 Likes

I think, trapping the gases close to the fruit kinda cooks them. I use brown paper bags, 6 or 7 to a bag, if i want to ripen some quicker. An old salt told me about the gas thing, makes sense I guess.

2 Likes

Ethylene is a gas produced by fruits, including tomatoes, that promotes ripening . Many commercial tomatoes are actually picked while still green for shipping and ripened at their destination by introducing them to an ethylene-rich environment. Although it sounds a little nefarious, the practice is common.

3 Likes

There ya go, my tomatoes have gas :wink:

2 Likes

It works folks, instead of wrapping them individually in newspapers I just put a few in a small cardboard box…

4 Likes

Fig tree cuttings for next year…wrapped in wet newspapers then put in plastic bag and then put in bottom vegetable drawer in the fridge…I will pull it out in 5-6 months later to root them…they will go into stasis folks.

5 Likes

Got my fig trees pruned and winterized for this cold season…

2 Likes