Vegetable Garden 2021

Cherrys are starting to ripen, early girls getting bigger…of course they’re all growing into each other and tangling up…

Can’t stop growing jalepenos, can’t start growing habanero or green beans lol

7 Likes

Crazy organics? Symbiosis for the win!

7 Likes

Good job man they look stellar

1 Like

6 Likes

7 Likes

Tonights haul. I gotta laugh. The peppers in the rubber band are Hungarian Yellow Wax. The ones on the right are yellow Banana peppers. Side by side they look identical (hence the rubber band identifying them now). The yellow wax are mildly hot, and my gf grabbed a few for her salad thinking they were the sweet banana peppers the other day. Tonight we took care to not mix them up LOL. Anybody like pickles? My pickle bush cucumber plant has a dozen in process and over 60 flowers! Thats the craziest I have ever seen a cucumber grow…

6 Likes

Not from my garden but I’ll take it…corn smut aka: huitlacoche.…this is a delicacy in Mexico and served in the finest Mexican restaurants in Chicago…I asked all my fellow gardeners to save all their corn smuts so I can cook it…I get these every year about this time of the year…A lot of farmers/gardeners just throw them away but me I eat them…it’s delish folks.

4 Likes

I like it. I like harmony also. I know it’s a little different but I used to love it as a kid. I do like it in Mexican dishes green chili stuff like that. Nice vegetable garden everyone.

3 Likes

Your food always looks delicious. Your vegetable garden is amazing. A light frost a little too hot way too much rain here lately. I’ve just about lost mine. All my watermelons had rotten. I’ll be ready this fall and winter.

2 Likes

After picking several hundred pounds of cherries over the past few years , this is the first time I have seen conjoined twins lol

7 Likes

I think you mean hominy

1 Like

Yea that stuff. I couldn’t remember the spelling. Wasn’t a big fan of it. I will eat it with some good red eye gravy. I like the white better.

2 Likes

It comes in a can too but fresh is the best, available at Walmart bromigos…btw, it’s not the same as hominy.

2 Likes

This mornings pickings, giving all going to friends because their tomatoes are all still green.

3 Likes

It’s just nonstop…

20210727_144035

5 Likes

Basil and marigolds planted from seed 4 weeks ago and fed dialysate liquid.

5 Likes

already tired of canning blanching blah blah

4 Likes

Just shy of 110lbs of cherries this year

Has been a good year for garlic as well .
Soft neck

Hard neck

5 Likes

My garlics are small because I planted them in March…I found out that in my zone 5b I’m suppose to plant them in October…never planted garlics before, lesson learned.

7 Likes

When will it end? But I love though, cant get any fresher then these…:joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

My first muti colored carrot right next to my twin turnips.

4 Likes