Vegetable Garden - 2022

Good looking gardens everybody.

Garlic is above ground, got my peas planted a week of so ago. Have my peppers, eggplants and tomatoes started. Blueberries are starting to bud now. I have tried to plan like crazy in years past and it kind of took the fun out of it a little bit. Now the closest I come to planning is making sure I get the peppers and eggplants started early, the rest of the garden gets planted based on what I pull out the seed cooler and get distracted by enough to plant haha :+1:

5 Likes

Corn hitting the ceiling, jungle thickening, autos fattening, life is good!

8 Likes

Jungle still getting more rediculous, most things are flowering and potatoes in back are really kicking ass. Had everything pointing up and under control but things are laying on each other and growing wherever it wants again. Tomatoes are effin everywhere prob couple to few weeks from a very nice harvest
They get another feeding tomorrow so I get to watch everything explode with growth for the next two weeks again, fuck it right? As long as I can still get in and open the door it will be fine haha or so I keep telling myself

12 Likes

Wonderful…so wonderful. :blush: So much life! 🪴

My little set up pales in comparison, but I’m working with much less space.

Going to post an update after I up-pot. :grin:

Keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll be beating out the grocery store for produce this season. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

@BeeLady try this thread maybe this is this years

2 Likes

ty much! i appreciate it

3 Likes

living on 10 acres i usually grow a huge garden… so big that I get more than I need and I generally share it lol here are a few photos from years past i got more… lots more… but lol ive already photo barfed on this page lol the last is a photo from the inside of the barn that i took of my mom. when we moved here… i tore up all the grass and planted veggies…

18 Likes

Now you’re talking serious garden bordering on farming. Looks great, love the flowers for the bees. Happy Harvest!

2 Likes

That was awesome!

4 Likes

Well I’ll be! Way freaking cool setup u got there, and here i thought i had a jungle growing!! Totally digging it all!! It’s funny i see ur pic of tomatoes and can prob guess quite a few of the varieties, especially those red orange striped ones being tiggerella. Ur a lot braver than me picking up that crazy looking spider!

3 Likes

Actually the orange stripe ones are Haleys rainbow it’s a varigated Tomato Then there is deans mean green. Persimmon. Giant of siebenturgen. I think I got the spelling wrong on that and a couple others I can’t remember the name. O and grandma Oliver’s chocolate and Abe Lincoln

5 Likes

This is my variety list i did this year, kept 2 of each

3 Likes

Wierd, i missed green zebra, tiggerella, and yellow brandywine on that list 🤷

these were taken when we still lived in missouri… first is my bedroom. really… lol it was a jungle in there. winter time so plants inside… it used to be the addon to the trailer.a living room. you see the fishtank… 100 gallon… then behind it was a upright piano… next to that you can see in the other photo was my art station … i had orange trees… orchids blooming in winter… i had over 100 varieties and species of orchids.had a fireplace too lol… the line across was to dry my herbs. then there is a photo of my mom with part of my garden… 400 pounds of sweetcorn… lots of peas and other veggies lol. and last year… i grow 120 pounds of carrots…

12 Likes

Gotta love having tomato harvest just starting, I’d take pics of the cherry tomatoes but been eating them all day haha

7 Likes

That first one is crazy! :yum:

1 Like

It’s called mushroom basket, I just call it my brain thinking about these plants all the time

3 Likes

Finally getting underway here. Put the first bunch of plants out in the cold frame. The lettuce has been there for 3 weeks and is ready for eating :smiley:

Garlic is my favorite crop (that I don’t smoke)
here’s some bogytr. The pots in front are Bocking 14 comfrey.

Then these in front are Music and beyond they are Romanian Reds

Have direct seeded bush peas, broccoli rabe, chard, scallions and radishes. Still have quite a few plants inside for another week.
It’s on like donkey kong :smiley:

12 Likes

And the harvests begin :slight_smile: cherry tomatoes don’t make it out of the greenhouse, been eating a bunch of those all week

8 Likes

My seedlings are doing pretty good I think.

Need to uppot most and will have to regrow a few, that have since died :woman_shrugging:t3: ,didn’t handle transplant well, so they’ll be going direct to soil when it is time.

The plan is to grow most of this on the Deck, in container’s, with a few of the ornamentals being placed strategically around the property. I guess I’ll see how it goes, at least I get to play in the dirt.

@BeeLady I thought you might enjoy posting about your gardening forays this year here. You have such a beautiful space, I’d surely enjoy watching. :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy growing 🪴 & Many blessings :pray:t2:

8 Likes