Vernal's Basement Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

All ceramic metal halide.

The store brand from HTG supply with Philips 3100K bulbs.

2 Likes

Nice. I have a 315 cmh I want to run but in a small tent the heat is just too much. So I’m using a HLG 100 v2 right now. Probably going to see what good LED alternatives there are now that my HLG is 3 years old

You can run a single 315 in a 2x3 tent. Doing it now in my auxiliary little overflow/pollination tent. Just keep the exhaust fan running and it’s fine.

2 Likes

Interesting I’ll have to retry it and see what my average temps run

Super Silver Cough “F” at 49 days.

Probably my favorite of the “smaller/quicker” of the SSC expressions, it fucking reeks. Pungent, musky, dank, skunky, earthy. Not hazy, more like kush. Seems like it’ll take a bit longer than the other ones at 70-ish days, and should hopefully fill out quite a bit more. That side of the line doesn’t yield well but I’ll keep an “average” yielder if it’s dank enough. No herms to be seen but I got 3 weeks to go on her.

18 Likes

Lefty’s Cherry Queen F2 at 33 days. Hitting the downslope. Blooms hard and fast. Plant “I” my keeper.

Should have thinned out the branches a bit better but it’s doing alright. Harvest 56-63.

23 Likes

Ouch! I’d boogaloo with her! Very nice.

3 Likes

Hash. Mixed grades, mix of frozen and dry, mostly popcorn buds but a couple ounces of trim too.

Yield wasn’t as good as last run but the quality is a little better. Super melty. Mix of Cherry Queen F2 “G” and Super Silver Cough F2 “E”.

12 Likes

Stunning pictures!

In your opinion, in general, what did the cough do to your crosses?

Did you find it to increase the flower time and lengthen the plant in general?

Also what effect does it have on flavor? I want to try all those cough crosses :yellow_heart::heart::+1:t2:

2 Likes

The Cough dominant stuff seems to be relatively uniform. Big ass colas, extreme stretch, 12-13 week flower time. Hazey-herbaceous-sharp-earthy…really no fruit or sweet at all. I kind of describe it as the scent of landrace narrowleafs but much stronger. I feel like the ones in the middle are best.

2 Likes

I suffer from hash envy. Which is funny because I’ve got some awesome stuff myself.

Looking good.

1 Like

I do to a degree. I certainly appreciate the craftsmanship and level of care that goes into the super high quality stuff. They don’t ever have a cat hair or a leaf fragment in theirs, theirs is microplaned fresh frozen beach sand. Single source nug run 5 star etc etc…and of course the insane rosin from the absolute best of the best…IG rosin pics make me feel small haha.

However, if you’re like me and are just gonna cram it in a chillum and roast it with a BIC lighter like me…are 5% returns on fresh top quality nugs worth it? I’ll settle for good full melt any day.

A lot of the younger generation quite literally don’t even know what bubble hash is. I broke off big chunk and gave it to a coworker and they had to ask me what to even do with it lol.

And I hear ya 100%, I am always my own harshest critic…no matter how good I do I can always think of someone doing it better. Comparison is the thief of joy and all that haha.

12 Likes

I remember even as a kid hash was something rare and special. In retrospect it was pretty good although we didn’t know it back then.

I’ve also been asked “how am I supposed to smoke this?” People are really missing out.

It’s not cost effective from a commercial standpoint. The flower is much more valuable. Bubble hash sells for $31.95g on the legal market here. I checked. That makes my bubble that came from a half pound worth around $400. Granted it’s all larf, but still.

I make hash for the simple reason that it’s my favourite. $$$ be damned. It’s the high priced scotch of the weed world as far as i’m concerned.

And yours looks awesome and delicious.

9 Likes

People have asked me how much it goes for and I’m like…I have no idea lol. When I was younger, on the rarer occasion we even had the opportunity to buy it, it was $20/g and definitely not as good as what I can make now. More like pressed kief quality. More dry, hard, and sandy blonde than dark and squishy, it’d burn before it melted. I think they were just beating the shit out of theirs for them yieldz.

3 Likes

I am digging this thread. Bummed I just now found it. I am going to hang around for a bit. You sound like you are doing some things over there, and I think I like what I am hearing. Great work.

Doc
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks dog, I sure give it my all in my little basement. Small but mighty. Take your shoes off, sit a spell.

I have an older thread as well if it piques your interest. Just figured the virus purge was a good starting point for a fresh one.

3 Likes

Agreed. And I make mine in the bathtub and use the pressing screen in a dish on my toilet. Condo living.

3 Likes

!

Super Silver Cough F2 “F” at 55 days. Thinking harvest around 70? This plant reeeks. Brushing up against it lingers on clothes or hands for a long time. It’s kushy, skunky, earthy, dank, vetiver-like.

Mango Nigerian Cough F2 “E” at 58 days. So fuckin’ jazzed on this plant. Reminds me so much of my Bandaid Haze 8 but a few differences. More magenta than purple, pungent blue cheese on top of the floral sweet haze musty haze funk. Grows like trainwreck, most of the branches are more or less horizontal. Viney to a fault. 100% keeper. Got a clone of this ready to replace this one. Planning to harvest in 3 weeks.

18 Likes

Wow that mango Nigerian cough looks absolutely amazing.

2 Likes

Thanks man, she’s a real winner. Got it goin’ on. Too smelly to lose scent in jars but it would break my heart if it did. Good yields too, basically a bud carpet of flopped over little haze neckbones. Enormous fluffy colas are nice but whenever possible, I like the chunky leafless neckbones. I absolutely despise trimming.

9 Likes