Vernal's Basement Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

How long to finish? Lovely buds my man.

Blessings…,

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s Bodhi’s Appalachian Super Skunk.

4 Likes

@lefthandseeds Winter and thus the dry times approach so I wanted to run something squat and dense. Plus wanted to see what all this Dominion fuss is about.

@GMan yep that one’s from Bodhi as minitiger mentioned. Kind of a neat line, close to “Giesel” which is MSS x Chemdog, this is MSS x (Green Crack x an inbred chemdog line “tres dawg”).

Very short squat plants, all 4. 2 of them to a fault.

@oleskool830 they’ll go at least 9 weeks, 10 at the most, so about 20-25 days out. Those 2 plants pictured may have gotten mildly seeded from the Golden Goat reversed pollen, noticed a few premature brown pistils in early flower. They don’t look super pregnant but if they did I’m making hash I guess lol.

11 Likes

I don’t mean to be demanding haha, but are you gonna post any pics of that Appalachian Super Skunk any time soon? I’m super-curious about that one. As I’ve already mentioned, I have a hard time believing that that cross turned out as shitty as it did for the few people who I’ve seen talk about it online. Just planted a bunch of seeds on October 1 and I was considering the App Super Skunk for some of the starts, but ended up not planting any. Maybe next run… I wanna see how yours turn out first haha.

9 Likes

Well it’s just the one plant, not even confirmed female yet (90% sure it is) and it hated the topping (super squat), but yeah I’d be happy to take a shot or two here in a week when it looks more like a normal plant.

EDIT: Showed female today…pictures to follow when it’s a plant worth looking at in a couple weeks.

11 Likes

Garland “T” at 38.
(Golden Goat x Scott’s OG)

Becoming the favorite of the round since the other 3 plants were culled. Culled Garland U today because it is essentially a pure Golden Goat plant but without improving on it.

This plant has perfect structure, reminds me a lot of Garland “A”. Tall but not excessive, lime green frosty nugs, very little leaf, skinny leaves. The best plants in this line have the better qualities of either parent, but I’d say most do.

2 more females to run through then the pollination round.

24 Likes

Nice work @vernal

3 Likes

Thanks bud. Not my best run tbh, unseasonably warm/humid fall, some plants got seeded, etc but there’s always next time. New run is never more than a month or two away.

Got 13/13 Dominion Shineapple to come up, culled 3 shrimpy seedlings, got 10 nice big ones up. Updates to follow on those when they’re something to look at.

11 Likes

Garland “U” at 54. A slightly better picture, not that it matters much since the backup clone was culled. Took a small lower branch, this plant definitely caught a hit of Golden Goat reversed pollen and thus could probably look a lot better. One top cola already got removed for budrot…probably gonna have to toss a chunk of this harvest. Fuck me this year has been hard for rot. Been so humid and warm all spring/summer/fall…I can’t catch a break. 100% getting a dedicated 50 pint dehuey for next year…new A/C system just isn’t cutting it, I need to keep it under 50% going forward. It’s 65 degrees out and I’m running AC to keep humidity down. Wasn’t an issue when I was growing hazes but this ain’t haze. Fuckin’ hate being in this Midwest weather/humidity. At least winter won’t be a problem going forward.

A fine plant just not the winner of the round. A decent approximation of Golden Goat mother but doesn’t exceed it enough to keep around. Making a Golden Goat BX anyway.

Smells just like Golden Goat but less sweet, muskier and spicier. Doesn’t quite have the nose-tingling oomph the mother does. Already got a winner female plant of this line, it has to meet or exceed that to be considered for the F2 female(s). Plant “T” is more promising in that regard, and 2 more females to run to hit 10 total.

Down to 9 Shineapple seedlings…probably be 8 after they’ve grown a little.

21 Likes

I hear ya bro. Damn dehumidifier is heating half my place from running constantly. Beats botrytis though!

4 Likes

Impressive Vernal, I enjoyed the chronicling of the Cherry Queen grow. That does look special. It’s clear you know a thing or two. Insightful post about Xmas bud too, and I had a feeling it’s stock that’s used to enhance, not be a stand alone strain.

3 Likes

I’ve said in the past that Christmas Bud is definitely more of a breeding tool. And by that I mean cross that shit to an equatorial long flowering plant. Even crossed to Bandaid Haze, a 12-14 week line, it still ended up looking like Christmas Bud, albeit with far more vigor.

If it was crossed to like a 24 week Colombian maybe it’d end up more in between. Christmas Bud is a very extreme, very dominant line. I originally grew it looking for pine plants myself. Didn’t find it, but still a very interesting old time broadleaf Afghan.

8 Likes

I got the same weather here! Shit’s been rough weather-wise this year…all of May it was somehow 90 degrees out, then it rained all June. We got 10" of rain in June lol broke a record.

And it’s been raining every day for like last two weeks, but at least the grass is recovering from this year’s armyworm infestation (that shit caught me off guard lol).

Farming sucks haha.

6 Likes

My cherry queen is cured nicely and I’ve really been enjoying it this week. Great flavors and really nice dope. :fist_right:

10 Likes

Yeah it cures to that nice hashy spiced lemon peel scent…good stuff indeed.

7 Likes

@vernal @lefthandseeds You guys haven’t found any cherry in the F2 yet? Not that I would have any complaints with hashy spiced lemon peel which I enjoy.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t describe any of them as smelling like cherries.

I’ve never smelled weed that smelled like cherries, FWIW. Real cherries don’t smell that strong, and artificial cherry flavoring is so distinct. Smell of cherry cough syrup is one of the few things that will make me actually gag lol trust me I’d notice.

9 Likes

I find this flavor in some CBD varieties occasionally. Not my favorite either.

3 Likes

I’ve smelled some really sweet with a hint of tart stuff that isn’t cherries but somewhat adjacent to cherry pie filling or preserves. But I don’t think blueberry weed smells a damn thing like blueberries, either. Now grape I get whiffs of, a lot. That one seems common.

Never grown any CBD varieties, but if they smell like that I doubly won’t lol.

4 Likes

Well @minitiger here’s the lone MSS x Appalachia female at 14 days today:

Just in a little 2g nursery pot, young plant. Hasn’t stretched much…maybe 30%. Very stout thick branches, budding up fast for only being 2 weeks. This was actually the 2nd tallest of the 4 seedlings. Took a branch for a clone a few days in flower and it’s already rooted and growing. Maybe it’ll flower in 50 days like it’s grandmother, green crack…that’d be nice.

15 Likes