Vernal's Basement Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

I’m not concerned about a few seeds, just removed from the running as a breeder. I’ll continue flowering it out unless it just gets awful, which almost never happens.

Plant “2” is my favorite so far. Tallest and smelliest. Kinda like Barbasol.

Plant “5” is the shortest. Smells like roasted nuts and dirt. Not my favorite but it’s super early, only 20-ish days.

11 Likes

Dude, for real, it’s just like a full-on “Nothin’ But Nuuuugssss!” plant. Got me stoked to plant some of those seeds in a few months. Can’t wait to hear how they smoke, vernal.

11 Likes

I’m very excited to see what she looks like as a clone, a full size plant, in a 5 gal hempy.

It’s gonna be a pollination run, and I’ll have many more tops, but still. Should be thousands of seeds.

Very juiced about this plant. One of the most interesting I’ve found in the last 13+ months.

As a cross, (Massachusetts Super Skunk x Appalachia) x (Golden Goat x Scott’s OG) is a nice polyhybrid of some of my favorite types of older plants. Garland does yield well but this should improve it, even larger buds on a shorter frame (about half of the Garland plants were very tall). Stinky, big-boned, old-time dank. That’s what we’re after.

Dumpster cuts all rooted well, finally, 4 weeks later after nearly killing them with too much LITFA and drying out. Starting to get some green growth to the tips; they still look positively awful lol…but I got 3 little ugly sticks with roots and I only need 2. I have about 6 weeks until the pollination round, plenty of time. Dumpster is another old time big skunky dank plant. A pollination by Garland would be in the same vein as the MSS x Appalachia.

15 Likes

Shineapple from Dominion Seeds at 27 days.
Virginia Beach Afghani clone x [Airborne G13 cutting x (Hashplant x Afghani)]

This one is my favorite, #2. Taller than expected. This one and #2 are taller, #5 is shorter.

Musky dank scent coming in. Very little leaf around buds.

21 Likes

Garland “Y” at 45. Kushy, sweet and sour, skunky.

I like “X” better, it leans further toward Golden Goat. Scent is spectacular. “X” might make it to pollination next round, I was wanting another Garland female for the F2.

21 Likes

Garland “X” at 48. 3 more weeks, then plants start getting moved in for pollination.

The most Golden Goat plant I’ve found yet, even moreso than “A”. Not quite as stretchy as “A”, a little leafier, but pretty damn close to mom scent wise. Nugs look about 50/50 between parents. Looks a touch smaller yielding than Garland “A” but a bit frostier, but it’s got some swelling yet to do.

21 Likes

She about to get THICC.

-GH

6 Likes

Garland “X” at 50

Garland “Y” at 56

27 Likes

MSS x Appalachia

That bud is fluffier than it appears, only 7g. Yield about 2oz on that 2g nursery pot. Good yields but not absolutely crazy. I can do better I think, another week of veg would have been crucial.

So smelly though. Chemdog, windex, skunky dank.

I believe this will make a fine match to Garland. I like chunky buds.

27 Likes

Hoooo, lawdy, though. Looks tasty! Pretty surprising that that nug only weighs seven grams, I woulda pegged it at closer to a half-ounce. But that’s fine. I like those big, fluffy buds. Got me stoked to plant some of those seeds, for sure, because

sounds delicious.

8 Likes

Yeah I was definitely thinking it’d be denser. Ounce fills up a quart jar nicely.

But it’s very pungent, sticky, and tastes like it smells. Easy trim. Looks good in a jar. Plenty strong. I really like it, I think you will too. it’s got the sharp skunky penetrating oily rag/lemon rind windex that chem has but none of the nasty foul aspect. No sweetness, almost zero fruitiness, more of a citrus oil than fresh citrus. Super old time dank, pre OG craze $20/gram-all-the-way-up type of stuff.

13 Likes

Just goes to show that we can’t always be putting all our faith in the random grow reports we see online. I always appreciate any info, any grow report is better than nothing, but, I mean, WTF were people talking about when they said that the Appalachian Super Skunk wasn’t any good? Makes me wonder about the people who were growing it…

10 Likes

Maybe I got lucky, maybe it wasn’t their type of weed, maybe they messed up somehow.

I dunno. Wish I ran more beans but I only had the 5.

11 Likes

Ohio Dumpster!

Who remembers this one?

Finally got it turned around after almost killing it, here in a couple weeks it’s going in the pollination round. Dumpster x Garland.

Harvested Garland Y at 63, not a white hair on the plant, an earlier finisher. Stupid dank kush nuggets. Not a keeper but very nice.

17 Likes

Gosh this looks amazing man!

Sounds delicious too. Is this the Farmer Joe Super Skunk in the cross.

I’m drooling! :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Nope no one really knows what the dumpster is. It’s a 30-ish year old clone from Columbus Ohio. Some say G13 x NL but it’s uncertain.

5 Likes

Sorry I shouldve been more specific was curious about this in the chem-ish cross

Dumpster sounds very interesting too!

1 Like

Ah that’s a Bodhi Seeds cross.

4 Likes

hey at least you know how to treat her. it seems like this cut might be into that kind of thing.

Well it sure looks nice!