Vernal's Basement Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Did you make those seeds? That sounds like a reeeeeeal interesting cross…

9 Likes

Yes I did.

Haven’t got around to growing any. Mom was like a 14-16 week plant. Smelled like herbal mountain dew. Enormously vigorous and will absolutely take over space. Have some pics on the old thread.

14 Likes

I’m going to second that Arco Iris. It’d be fun to see that grown out.

6 Likes

Guess I’ll sow a dozen here soon then haha. Don’t need much veg time with something that stretchy.

9 Likes

Seed run is drawing to a close, some plants are already drying. One small plant even harvested and seeds sorted. Maybe 1000 seeds off a small lightly pollinated plant, who knows what the bigger fully pollinated plants will produce. Should be thousands and thousands of beans.

Almost killed the Garland “A” through getting too dry aka “generative drybacks” lol but she persisted and there’s probably a couple thousand ripe beans on her, harvested a couple hundred by hand off the buds already.

17 Likes

This is 1/6th of the seeds from this pollination. Garland “X”.

Just a couple more plants to shuck and sift, then onto the fridge.

28 Likes

Bean stew.

3 Likes

Here’s 4 little test seed plants of Chemdog #4 x (Princess x Vortex) in the mini tent. @GrowHard had asked me to sow some so I did. Thick, dank. Decent stretch, looks like yield will be good for a little 2x2 canopy.

Most are getting the earthy dank cleaner smell from Chemdog, but the big tall one in back right is much sweeter. Kinda like canned peaches? Probably the Cindy family plant.

They’re at day 45. Flipped from seedling so probably closer to 5 weeks of “actual” flower. Harvest around early April, which is good because I have a bunch of pepper seedlings I’ll need that space for. Going with a shitload of Tobago peppers for an attempt at a Caribbean pepper sauce.

As far as the main area, this round is 2 x Garland “A” buckets, a MSS x Appalachia bucket, and another Garland F1 plant “Q”. A little over 2 weeks in, have some photos when it’s something to look at.

21 Likes

Very nice looking plants.

1 Like

Chem 4 x (Princess x Vortex) from ya boy @GrowHard

Starting to really stink. Scent is reminiscent of being in grade school when the janitor would throw cedar sawdust on piles of puke…if the kid ate canned peaches for lunch lol. Others still a little behind this one, this is definitely the biggest and fastest plant.

32 Likes

She looks beautiful bro. Still has a way to go though. That smell will only get stronger :rofl:

5 Likes

That’s pretty chunky for how compact it is. Almost looks like an auto.

8 Likes

Damn @vernal that Garland looks absolutely amazing!! :heart_eyes:

Well done sir

4 Likes

Thanks gentlemen! Chem 4 is the big yielder of the chemdog family, and the Cindy family pairs well with everything. Hit up @GrowHard, maybe he’d get rid of some if you’re interested.

13 Likes

Nice plant chunky buds what more could a guy ask for . Looks like another home run for @GrowHard

4 Likes

Excited as heck for those Garland F2 V1 beans. I’ve been trying to get more OG in the stable anyway. I think the bug has bitten me tho…

4 Likes

If you like OG Kush, remind me and I can tuck in some Garland F2 v3. It was an accidental pollination of an OGK expression of Garland. I wasn’t trying to take the line in the OG direction but it was a fantastic plant regardless. Big chunky golfball buds, very little leaf, sturdier stems than OG, classic OG Kush stench with a big nip of sweetness and bit less earthiness.

12 Likes

Letter already in my mailbox, when I get the confirmation DM, I’ll remind you if that’s ok :pray:t2:

Edit: to make it easy I’ll just redo the letter lol. You’re a real one for this

3 Likes

Couple different Chem 4 x (Princess x Vortex) plants. About 7 weeks of actual flower. Harvest April 1st or thereabouts.

32 Likes

Frosty af, what’s the smell on them now?

1 Like