Vernal's Basement Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Hey Vernal! nice thread and even nicer plants you got going, took me some time to catch up.

The garland seems like a wonderful cross and also the bandaid haze is very beautiful!

Greetz!

4 Likes

Thanks! Good stuff in the works.

For next round, I have 6 MNC x Garland seedlings, and I also started 2 “Puck the Police” (Dominion’s Stashplant x Lucky Dog’s Hunza Valley 91) and 2 of @GrowHard 's I-95 x Stardawg F2 to keep things interesting. A Garland F1 may be joining depending on sex which I should know in a few days.

15 Likes

The frosty smaller Chem 4 x (Princess x Vortex) from @GrowHard Sticky green dank.

Marshmallow cereal sweetness and funky earthy pine. Kinda what you’d expect running a Chemdog x C99 family cross.

Still trimming the other 3. Let them sit another day or two then jarring.

30 Likes

I’m not sure what’s more interesting, that the weed looks so good or that you’ve got such dainty girlish fingers.

Seriously though, I scored some of your Canadian seed contribution and I’m stoked.

:+1:

14 Likes

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. Chem always lays down those snow caps. And the potency backs up the looks. Shit looks like it’ll hurt you, and it will lmao

5 Likes

Long and boney and usually cold…much like a corpse.

12 Likes

“Creepy witch fingers” was what I had an ex say about my hands and I always thought it was funny

8 Likes

Gawddamn, man, those are some good-looking flowers. How’s the smoke?

1 Like

Haven’t dipped in yet. Did smoke some scissor hash. Zesty dank flavor and immediately behind the eyes hit, so it’s plenty strong.

Perhaps @GrowHard has more available. Very easy to grow, very user friendly, zero problems or negative things to say. Of each of the 4 females, you wouldn’t be disappointed with any of them.

7 Likes

PREPARE FOR PROFOUND DISAPPOINTMENT

5 Likes

I will temper my expectations but I will use sheer force of will to ensure they are Nigerian.

5 Likes

Look for small, light brown tiger striped seeds. The dark brown small ones are probably Garland F2 v3. All the others are on the bigger side. Can’t guarantee but that’ll give you an excellent chance. Judging from the MNC x Garland seedlings I have growing now, most will appear tall, lanky, and narrow leaved even this early on, even under strong light.

MNC x Garland take a while to germinate, too. I initially thought germination was ehhh at 70% but I found the discarded stragglers growing like bean sprouts in the used media bin a few weeks later lol. Just something to think about, give 'em 2 weeks. Mom line was the same way.

5 Likes

Cool man thanks for the info.

Awesome nugs bro! Do you know if the Fort Collins Cough is the same as what PCF has been offering?

1 Like

Yeah, those look really sharp. How’s it smoke?

1 Like

Only one Fort Collins Cough cutting. It’s not a super common plant. Also known as “the cough” or “colorado cough”. Thought to be NL5 x Haze and I’d believe it but it’s from the 90’s and no one really knows. Dynasty/Prof P works with it, too.

I am not currently up on what PCF is offering. He wants far too much $$$ for anything to bother inquiring.

7 Likes

In a general sense, I don’t find the haze smell translates to taste like your more classic broadleaf “dank” will. I can a bit more with the hash. Woody, rich, spicy.

Gets me plenty high though.

6 Likes

A thing to keep in mind with the Fort Collins Cough when talking about NL5Haze is, its not your standard NL5 Haze cut. There’s no Haze-A nor Haze-C in it like almost all the other “nl5haze” lines that came from Nevil. The Cough came about from someone popping NL5 beans, and then crossing it to their own haze line.

I should try and get that and cross it into my NorthStar line, that’s basically a5 x c5 with a little outcrossing in there :thinking:

7 Likes

Another Chem 4 x (Princess x Vortex) plant. One of the squat ones. More of a chemdog leaner for sure. Earthy and dank, bit of cedar.

26 Likes

You ever heard of steak sauce terps? When I was like 15 me and my brother went half on a sack and the bud was lime green, frosty as hell, dense, and smelled like A1 steak sauce. Just wondering if you’ve ever came across something like that since you’ve grown out such a large volume of plants over the years lmao

2 Likes