Vernal's Basement Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

How is that Lefty’s Cherry Queen F2 that you posted 2 weeks ago coming along. Diggin that one for sure.

Doc
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ask and you shall receive. Seek and ye shall find:

Her at 47-48. Kaffir lime, hash, pine, curried hippie. Intoxicatingly pleasant like good perfume. Harvest around 60. You wouldn’t want to let this one go too long…buds are so dense in places it makes me worry about mold. Though Spring has generally been cold so it’s been dry in the basement.

This line is in the running for the next pollination. All the other stuff I have is tall & lanky as hell and this would complement that well.

16 Likes

The BD/CQ cross started flowering at 14 hours… it is about the same number of days but it seems the change in flowering hours will make it run a bit longer than usual. Uusually finishes in 8 weeks but not this time don’t think.

The tops are a bit more dome like too.

3 Likes

Quite a lot of stuff will start “semi-flowering” at 16 hours, I bet you could get some big yields running 14 on…might take a while longer though. I run 11/13 myself so things finish quicker.

3 Likes

IIRC the CQ was the male

6 Likes

Couple shots of the different Mango Nigerian Cough F2 gals. Top one is the keeper. Small nugs but effortless trim, decent yield, and just absurdly dank catpissy basement floral haze scent. 65 and 70 days, respectively.

23 Likes

Hm… Looks kinda good smoking… :sunglasses:

Nice

4 Likes

Cherry Queen F2 (Fat Cherry Afghani x Old Mother Afghani)

She’s leafy as hell but incredibly loud. Heady kaffir lime, bay leaf, hashy incense, skunky body-odor twang. Big yields, big buds, incredible vigor.

Special lady. From our very own @lefthandseeds

21 Likes

@vernal Pain in the ass to trim?

4 Likes

Extremely leafy indeed…but I also don’t need it to be totally bald either like the so-called “connoisseurs” out there. Not gonna win a beauty contest but the magic is there. Almost a shame I can only grow this in the dry winter months.

Hard in the sense there’s a lot of leaf, easy in the sense the nugs are huge and you can trim a zip in 20 minutes lol. Sometimes, when it’s just soooo leafy, it makes it easier since you don’t have to be precise, just shave it off like you’re trimming hedges basically haha.

9 Likes

Most of my Cherry Queen females were just fucking huge spears for flowers. A little bit leafy and hairy, but definitely unique and worth the hassle of it. I had one that actually had nice, medium size flowers that I pollinated with a Monkey Balls stud. I look forward to looking through the progeny of that hybrid. All of the Cherry Queens had varying degrees of cherry to them. A pleasant surprise. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

7 Likes

The seeds I gave @vernal were from a pretty large female, but not especially cherry in smell like her sisters were. A few of the smells he described are familiar to me… a little skunky and like BO.

But he was also hunting in the F2s, so you’re going to get a lot more variations there than the F1.

9 Likes

@lefthandseeds . got a black dak fem that’s getting put outdoors

7 Likes

It’s a crap photo but here’s the first 2/4 Golden Goat x Scott’s OG females at 22 days in the mini-tent.

Got 2 more larger ones going into the main tent when the current cycle is over in a 4-5 weeks.

21 seeds were germed, 20 came up, culled a couple mutants and weirdos, culled some lower vigor specimens, and culled the broadleaf expressions, leaving me with 4 beautiful, hazier Golden Goat dominant females. Stems seemed wispy in veg but have hardened up nicely in flower. Stretch was tremendous, but they respond well to training. One female already has a nice goat-scent developing, and I’m very pleased with the initial germ rates, vigor, structure, and flower initiation.

12 Likes

Isn’t that GG a Canadian strain? I may have it mixed up but remember a guy in Canada working a lot with it… unless I have it mixed up with something else.

1 Like

I have heard Kansas. ISS x (Hawaiian x Romulan). Rasta Jeff of Irie Genetics has worked with it quite a bit. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

2 Likes

Beanhoarder describes using a very similar plant he doesn’t know the origin of. But it could be another derivative of Sweet Skunk, which is where the Golden Goat gets its scent, and Sweet Skunk is or used to be a popular Canadian clone.

The Golden Goat clone here in USA came from Topeka, Kansas. Guy named Mr Dank who I believe now lives in Colorado.

4 Likes

Golden Goat x Scott’s OG at 36 days

Run it to aboot 70 days. This is the one I like better; dead-on Golden Goat scent. The other one is pretty much pure earthy kush, which is nice, but we’re looking for Goat plants. 2 more sisters hitting flower soon, more germing after that. Figure I’ll germ another 20 beans and do another round of these. Then it’s back to the Mango Nigerian Cough and Cherry Queen Afghani, then I’ll have sifted enough females for pollination. Still haven’t decided which line to use for a male…it’s between Cherry Queen Afghani and Golden Goat x Scott’s OG. The former makes more sense for the haze stuff and is a more “interesting cross” IMO, but the latter makes more sense for the Goat stuff and will probably be “better” weed, by modern standards.

Female selection however, is looking like:
Golden Goat x Scott’s OG
Cherry Queen F2
Golden Goat
Mango Nigerian Cough F2
Super Silver Cough F2
Bandaid Haze IX 3.0

17 Likes

Couple more shots of the Golden Goat x Scott’s OG at 41. Really happy with how they turned out. Both females are just beautiful.

It just proves my point that this is just as good if not better than the Archive version, that pretty much any individual can do this, it’s not some mystical art only a dedicated few can do. I made these in a tiny tent in a Denver apartment haha. Thousands of seeds from one small area and these guys want $150+ for 10 of them. Silliness. Strongly leaning toward this line for the next male pollination. Need to think of a name for these that isn’t 8 syllables long.

Some of you on the forum have some of these, I suggest germing ASAP.

23 Likes

Have you considered crossing the golden goat with the mango Nigerian cough? Those seem like a match for the ages!

1 Like