Vertical farming @Ttystikk

What’s up, bro? I’m here, too.

1 Like

I think mine was the day before, being the 7th.

1 Like

Photo got me going like WHAT THE HECK ARE THOSE BUDS EVEN REAL :astonished:

You definitely killing it! I was looking for a good tech to max out my room efficiency and it seems that I’ve found a good example. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Ya mate- that’s good training for you!

1 Like

Hey buddy! Nice to see you!

1 Like

Wait but that’s my setup :smile:
Although I didn’t thought about elbow fittings in the lid, you couldn’t find any where I am located anyway, so I just raised the feed PVC line well above the buckets and used analogue of SharkBite’s to deliver the solution to lids. There are M5 fittings in every lid to which tubes are mounted, and when you open the node you hear the solution gently pissing itself into it. :smiley: The splashes certainly help on seedling stage.

1 Like

A recent upgrade to a tee fitting in the lid of the tubsite created even more agitation, splash and churning, all contributing to the health of the roots.

My chiller broke but the tee fittings keep the water quality high even with water temps in the mid 70s.

3 Likes

My current work revolves around how much product I can get with as little effort as possible.

The plants basically grow themselves- there really isn’t an awful lot that MUST be done to make them produce well.

6 Likes

Argh! Sorry if I let folks down when I stopped updating this. All I can say is that depression is a bitch, something I mentioned before.

Off topic a bit but I recently got involved with a new anti depression counseling approach using up to 200mg of ketamine per session. It seems to have helped; now I’m just pissed off that I’ve wasted so much time!

Anyway, I’m getting back in the saddle and yes, I’ll throw up some more pics soon!

10 Likes

Good to see you Ttystikk, know you from the other site and have just caught up on your thread here. I was going to go vertical and stuff went other ways. My last grow did have ceiling lights but I put a two rows of lights vertically to give direct lighting to the lower branches. While not quite a planned vertical grow it did make better use of the limited closet space.

Looking forward to see you growing again.

1 Like

Thank you! Good to see you here as well.

I certainly appreciate when life “goes other ways”. It reminds me of the old saying, “life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans.” Lol

Anyway, I can’t give up on this hobby because it just plain means too much to me.

1 Like

The only room in the house that I do not have something grow related in is my bedroom. I remember a guy I used to work with saying he thinks this is something I might really get into.

1 Like

Cool stuff. Reminds me of the old “WoW” weed-on-walls thread Marlo had on icmag.

I remember those! He did his plants on one side of the panel because those old school HID lights gave off light in all directions around the lamp. Both he and I hung the lights in the middle of the space and then put the plants all around them. I also hung reflective material on the back side of the panels to help increase yields and it did help.

More recently, I switched to LED lighting and that brought a new opportunity; because LED generally shines in one direction, I could mount the lights on the walls and run the plants down the middle. This allows for lighting both sides of the plant while still retaining a walkway on both sides. I think it also offers the opportunity for bigger yields per plant, although I haven’t pushed it yet.

4 Likes

100%…I’m sure you’ll be able to do much better, or at the very least do the same more efficiently, with a single direction light source over HPS bulbs. Should be some cool shit; nice seeing you here.

3 Likes

What up tty?! Glad to see you back! I should be back growing soon as well. Got hit with some PM back in March and figured it was a good time to hang my hat up for a bit and get some basement renovations done.

1 Like

Hey buddy, thanks for the kind words!

When the horse bucks you off, you get back on.

When it bucks you off and kicks you in the face, it takes a little longer to get back on…

But I’m back and ready for more abuse lol

2 Likes

Hey buddy, don’t be shy. I can take it.

You guys are living in the future…:flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

So I know they can sense gravity because no matter how u plant a seed it grows up. That being said don’t the plants want to grow upward instead of out to the side? Looks like a sideways scrog. I guess the appeal here would be maximizing surface area if you have a small space. Assuming your room is a rectangle. Very interesting.

1 Like