Very Superstitious... Garden Rituals

Heyhey, everybody!

Hope everyone’s doing well and tending thriving gardens today. Had a thought come to mind while I was shaving today, and wondered what superstitions anyone else has or rituals y’all keep to in your gardens.
I’m not talking broscience here, but more so the things we do for luck or just plain out of auto-pilot habit.
For example, so far as we’ve run things to date, when the girls are growing, so is my beard. They get big defols, so does my face. They get chopped, I get as close to clean-shaven as anyone has seen me. Hahaha
So what do you all do? Crystals, totems, certain times or events that need things done out of pure ritual habit… Let’s hear it!

Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

7 Likes

One of my odd superstitions is my plant tags. When I first plant the seed, I create the tag for that plant. That tag stays with the plant through all transplants start to finish. If something happens to that tag, the plant must be cursed lol. Might just be clinical OCD but drives me crazy.

6 Likes

I don’t shave when my plants are drying.

But it’s because I dry them in the 2nd bathroom where I usually shave and I don’t want to get little bits of hair in them.

I could shave in the other bathroom, but I never do.

7 Likes

Interesting. I don’t either. Of course, other than three weeks in the late 1970s, I haven’t ever shaved. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

“Gotta protect the plants”

7 Likes

I have a superstition about bagseed. I grow them. Also herms. I have a cross I was testing out hermed onto some virgins in my tent and I kept the seeds and will grow out a few, just to be sure I don’t miss some kind of magical cross.

9 Likes

:rofl: Yup we’re gonna get along just fine!

4 Likes

I have a superstition about volunteers that pop up, I pretty much always grow them out, I figure that amount of initiative deserves a chance.

7 Likes

I’ve got one of those in a smaller pot waiting its turn in the tent too.

1 Like

I had a Purple Canyon that was awesome in every respect. My first clones didn’t take, and revegging outside didn’t work. I tried to clone some buds but they were really dense and got covered with mold. But I had another plant herm, so got a few seeds. One’s a volunteer, and one I planted on purpose:

One of them can’t handle the cold nights here in the mountains and one doesn’t mind so they’re two distinct phenos.

3 Likes

For a second there I thought you were growing in a sharps disposal container and that that was very hardcore :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl: Yeah I didn’t think about that but it does look like it!

3 Likes

“Why should I buy pots when I can just go to public bathrooms and get these, for FREE!?”

4 Likes

Plus they just look really cool.

2 Likes

The little man on the side even vaguely looks like a medical symbol at first glance.

3 Likes

This is beautiful. Much love

1 Like

Photoperiods get a steady diet of low volume classical music their whole lives. Autos get hip hop and r&b. I don’t know why but I’m positive it’s correct.

4 Likes

LoL I forgot about this Chick Magnet bagseed!

There’s a story here. I ran this clone (its mom) a few times and gave it to my son who ran it a few times. I got the bagseed from a baggie he gave me. It’s either an S1 or crossed with Georgia Pie. Both plants hermed around the same time.

3 Likes