Vigorous plants starting to maybe droop, overwater or underwater? Scary decision

I think I see what you mean, like so much roots in that pot, they just can’t evenly drink and drain all that water? The plants having the issue have been in here longer which not only could that mean more likely a buildup but also could mean what you’re saying

hmm are you bottom feeding like i am? is this flood and drain? or you doing top fill drain to waste?

Top fill drain to waste. 5 gallon pots, 1 gallon feed every morning and this is how I’ve done this for a long time only problem ever overwater was clones or seedlings not completly rooting the medium. These vegged a few weeks like this now almost 3 weeks into flower. I wonder if it could be some kind of root build up issue like he’s saying since the one plant that wasn’t in the 5 gallon as long isn’t having any problem. But also it could have less buildup if nitrogen was the problem. So hard to think overwater when that one’s happy but maybe it could be overwater if there’s too much root cluster crap like the other guy said.

2 Likes

Ok it is my phone cuz I was replying to you with that last one 100% but bottom feed meaning you fill the drain table?

ok dtw was what i thought. Just wanted to make sure raising it up off the tray didn’t mean it was getting less water than the other.

I’d probably go with Duke’s idea’s then. Flush her out a bit and reset where you were at before, maybe just a hair higher ppm. If she’s not drinking currently the flush will look like it didn’t help, but she should bounce back within 36hrs or so.

And yeah, bottom feeding is pour the water in the tray with no drain so they sit in it. Found most plants don’t like that in flower, but they’re fine with it forever in veg lol

3 Likes

Thank you! I love the quick help and opinions on overgrow thank you all. I feel like some strains really like eating less because the ancient OG I’d grow each pheno got a nitrogen toxicity claw when other strains wouldn’t, I had some kushy seeds gifted from the local hydro shop. Those did the same thing growing with my kryptonite when the kryptonites never had an issue then this OGer and the mendo Purp x forbidden fruit are I think possibly getting the claw (not sure) when my other tent of black strawberry preserve is eating this dosage up

1 Like

On overgrow I’m ready to post pics of mistakes and get help or learn from others mistakes on here. Other social media sites, growers are just wanting to post the good pics or they are trashed and looked down upon. The forum is special, every grower makes mistakes.

4 Likes

oh yeah, every plant is different. IDK where the Ancient OG falls at specifically but usually anything really sativa dominant is gonna want less nutes, especially nitrogen. And other lines will want a lot more. My SSDD work are almost all heavy feeders. 2-2.5 EC in flower. I’ve had some want it over 3 EC to not show deficiencies. And then back to the Sativa’s where 1.0 EC might be too strong lol. I’ve also seen a couple plants want a ton of P, I think @lefthandseeds found those in the Lebanese? and he had to custom make a feed for them.

3 Likes

I also feel like maybe not keeping up with EC may have been a problem for me. I test ph and Ppm going in and out I just don’t have an EC meter but do you suggest it’s really important with stuff like this? I don’t like to half ass if it’s a big help I’m in with it like the PAR meter was a huge difference in everything for me.

2 Likes

I’m tellin you I hit reply every time and it doesn’t do it till the second one :rofl:

nah if you got a ppm meter its basically the same thing. If ppm is @0.5 scale, just double the ppm numbers and you have EC. if its 0.7 you have to add .3 or multiply by 1.3 to get the EC. I switched to EC as the meter I got defaults to that so it’s just been easier for me. Plus EC is universal as opposed to 0.5 for usa, 0.7 for europe, and converting and whatnot…

You’re hitting the reply button on my posts right? not the big reply button at the bottom right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yea I’m gonna take a screen shot it shows I’m replying to you at the top then this will probably do what’s it been doing.

1 Like

Ah ha! Ya see this whole time I thought I was hitting the wrong reply button with my bad memory, but really it’s one of them governemnt conspiracy theories with like bill gates, vaccines and all that! :rofl:

1 Like

lmao strange! Wonder what’s going on there with that :thinking:

Do you use the OG app? I do it on safari but maybe I should download the app

Last I checked there isn’t really an “app” for OG, It makes a shortcut that looks like an app on your phone but it’s still just opening safari and loading the webpage in the browser… but maybe that has something to do with it as I don’t use that at all.

If you’re basing whether or not the reply is working on whether it’s showing up with the arrow and “load parent post” option, that might be the issue… I don’t think it’s broken, it just doesn’t show those when the post you’re replying to is the one right before yours. It will show up as a reply in the notifications for the person you’re replying to, though. Just a quirk of the system.

2 Likes

Ah ok cool, closes that curiosity I’ve always had

Lebanese have the semi-auto trait and really large root systems. I think either of these factors can contribute. For one thing, P is very important to root development, so if your plant is growing a lot of roots, in theory it has more needs for P.

The semi auto trait I think could also contribute because it transitions into flower really quickly. This causes the plant to trigger extremely rapid growth, especially in the roots, for a short period.

Large root systems also have a very high surface area, so that can make them very efficient at taking up water (dry areas) and nutrients (poor soil), but also possibly more sensitive to high nutrient levels when using salts.

3 Likes

If you are adding a gallon of water every day for each 5 gallon, I don’t think you need to water that much. Maybe get a moisture meter, get your waterings dialed in. I am in a coco/ewc/ricehull base with organics, but I water 5 gallon fabric pots with around a liter or less even some days and they stay pretty well hydrated.

2 Likes