Vortex from SubCool’s The Dank

Any idea when a thread will be going up @Dirt_Wizard ?

4 Likes

@DougDawson I’m still waiting on the last seeds for it, I think they’re held up in the Thanksgiving slowdown probably and should get here soon. The rest are in my seed fridge until it’s time. I can start a thread as soon as they get here, but I will have to wait until early January at this point to pop them before I’ll have room for seedlings in my veg tent. The collection of F1 seeds took long enough that I had to start my second flower round to stay on schedule for my winter growing season. So this project is gonna commence with the new year, and I think it makes the most sense to start the thread then.

11 Likes

Absolutely, not trying to rush you bud. Was more curious then anything else. Start your thread whenever you are ready :v:

4 Likes

I know that the people of OG are clamoring for it! It’s going to be an exciting year for coop runs.

9 Likes

They are brother but that’s not a concern. Grow in your own time and on your own schedule. Really cool you are doing the run at all. Like I said, not trying to change your schedule, I know it’s a big commitment of space and time my friend. Was just wondering is all.

7 Likes

Thanks for checking in, and all that you do, @DougDawson !

4 Likes

Someone out there with a big name IS about to do a big bit of work with Third Dimension. I can’t mention who, not my place, but it IS happening soon by someone with a great track record of strains/seeds.

6 Likes

Aloha @Dirt_Wizard @DougDawson @Weednerd.Anthony (my friend), @Kabuddha and everyone I may have missed. I am part of the Groundbreaking Seed Group, one of my partners Scruggs710 is joining Overgrow as we speak but his posts are being verified. Basically HI, we are so excited to see all you are doing with Vortex. How may we help???

17 Likes

Thank you guys for showing up over here :pray: , this is perfect :+1:

9 Likes

Hi guys! Welcome to Overgrow

6 Likes

Can I tell you something you might want to hear then? I warn you its a rough story but I like the ending. I had the worst grow of my life my last grow. WORST Grow. I had a total of 14 Vortex F1 plants. 2 selected males, and 12 females. My goal was originally to grow them all out, easy, and smoke them all and the best smoke would have its seeds carried forward. The one that tasted most Mango Snapple would also be saved. That didnt’ happen. My life went to hell in a handbasket and I was trying 1 gal fabric pots in Arizona for the first time. My watering schedule was every other day. Wasn’t enough, before I knew it half the plants were dead. The males made it but that and a funky PH Pen led to what was hands down my worst grow of my life. BUT something came out of it. Of the 6 Vortex females that survived, one of them THRIVED. She was nothing like what I was looking for. She smells LOUD and FOUL and STINKY. She’s Frosty as hell and when I would touch her bud my fingers would be so sticky after and smell so strong. She was very Indica dom, very Space Queen dom, Not viney at all. She was amazing. Not at all what I was looking for but given the stress test they suffered she was the best of 6 plants by far. Her high was like Vortex but more Body less Racy. So unexpected. SO I planted 10 of her offspring and i’m vegging them now. They are on week 3 of Veg and will go probably another 4-6 weeks depending on my flower tent. The father was like an Apollo leaning plant.

I will be selecting the best Male (or 2 males depending on how good) and hitting all the females with it. I will then study each females high, flavor, frost, stickyness, yeild. I will then choose a winner and make F3’s out of it.

Now this is NOT my Vortex run for the F4 project. This is something I felt I had to do from how amazing that plant was. I plan on planting the last of my F1’s next and doing my true Mango Snapple Candy Racy Euphoric Vortex F3’s. Selecting what my taste is. But although this isn’t my taste I have to see this through to F3.

Sorry for the Novel.

21 Likes

I want to send some of you some F2’s. But I need to see our stock and find out WHICH F2’s you would like. Scruggs did a great job but i’m not sure how many he has left. I got some of mine but they were stress tested not taste selected. My mailing sucks, I take forever to mail stuff, but I will definitely mail a few of you some F2’s.

12 Likes

That is awesome dude, way cool :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Do any of you guys Discord?

4 Likes

Yep, sometimes.

1 Like

This is really cool, man! I’m glad to hear there’s folks out there already doing the line work on Vortex, we got one of your F2 preservation packs for this project, but our coop group really prefers F1s so we’re doing an OP with just F1s in this project. Just raw, unselected genetics to get out to folks like you who want to work it down the line, but who don’t have access to it yet. That said, I’m totally interested in your F2s to grow and take a look at after the seed run and see how the strain goes with a little selection.

7 Likes

I don’t but this place will probably get me started on it lol

2 Likes

I totally respect that and I look forward to seeing what you breed! I love vortex and will love to see your flavor of Vortex. I still want to send you F2’s for after the project to enjoy! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You should. Discord is awesome. I’m hanging in Duke Diamonds Dominion Seeds discord on voice chat. DM me if you want a link.

Edit:
It really is great to see you all so passionate about Vortex! It makes me feel less crazy for my passion for Vortex. :smiley: I really do want to ensure that 300 years from now they have Vortex to smoke. Or at least one of its crosses.

I have good news. There will be Vortex crosses available in the future. We have some really really great stuff coming in 2023. I can’t talk about it because none of its tested and it would be awful if I told you one of them and it failed. But there are a few testers in the works and after some strong testing we will have some really great crosses available. Even if half of them fail we’ll have the other half to select the best from. Good things are coming.

Edit 2:
And sorry for hijacking your thread. I worked a 10 hour day today and now i’m not the most lucid and I know i’m rambling. I work at one of the biggest grows in AZ, and although I love it, 10 hour days are 10 hour days. Thank sfor putting up with me. <3

13 Likes

(10) Vortex - YouTube

5 Likes