Vote for medical cannabis in WV was shot down,failed by a vote of 64-35

No luck this year but it wasn’t a huge margin of loss, there’s hope for next time! UPDATE they modified the bill, somehow skipped whatever process usually takes so long before it is voted on, and pushed it back through and it passed!! Governor Jim Justice signed it and made it official a week or two back! Medical Cannabis will now be legal in West Virginia!!

1 Like

Condolences, maybe next year. Keep fighting.

2 Likes

We have to prevail :slight_smile: I’ve read that you’ve got really pro-medical governor…

Was it referendum or legislature decision?

How much % was the participation in referendum?

Still there is very nice progress throughout USA…

https://www.mpp.org/states/

2 Likes

Hey broseph, sorry I’ve been missing for a few months!! They actually rushed it back through last month after making some changes and it went through for medical!! Governor Jim Justice who is also my neighbor, one of Forbes list billionaires, and the nicest man I’ve ever met signed it in about a week or 2 ago!! They made some very shitty changes in my opinion and made it quite difficult to gain access through a dr, seems like they’re directing it towards people with terminal illnesses and ptsd(prob so military veterans can get access). They also kept it illegal to smoke it here, not sure if any other states have made it that way or not. Now all I need is an investor or someone to partner up with to jump into the industry, it’s 50k for a grow or processing permit and 10k for a license to sell the edibles. Surprisingly cheap compared to other states if I’m correct.

2 Likes