Wanting to accumulate seeds for giveaways

5 Likes

ā€œDonā€™t touch my stuff!ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have to check the seed fridge but I can prob throw a few packs your way. :slight_smile:
ā€¦(Most likely some of my Mac Stomper crosses.)

14 Likes

That would be awesome bud. Much appreciated. Let me know. Those Mac Stomper crosses should make some OGā€™ers very happy.

6 Likes

@Chronickyle

He handles shipping of co-op boxes for members in the US. When you pay for the co-op box with the strains youā€™ve signed up for thereā€™s a shipping cost + $2.00 per strain.

From what I understand anything over $155.00 from the co-op boxes goes to OG server costs. At least thatā€™s how I interpreted what I read in this thread.

I guess maybe those seeds would be an incentive for more people to buy into the co-op boxes.

9 Likes

I agree, if Iā€™m doing runs ill probably give away a % here and send the rest to Sebring for seed boxes

10 Likes

Iā€™m already doing a blue velvet seed coop that will go to them and my afghans I will be having a sign up for once I finish and get a count. Hope to have 150 person sign up for that one as well. Just donā€™t see why I would send these as well. Especially since there is no journal and I made them a number of years ago.

Edit and if I send them in now they wouldnā€™t even be in anyoneā€™s hands till the fall box.

11 Likes

There is no debating we should support the server, canā€™t argue that, but there is nothing wrong with supporting the users as well. Itā€™s fun, it gets seed out around the world. One thing does not have to affect the other.

13 Likes

I very much agree, like if I have an oopsie, Iā€™ll share it, if its on purpose thats different lol

4 Likes

Itā€™s fun for me to give people seeds. Hell I donā€™t need 1000 am 2 X royal creamatic. But I hate packaging seeds, by giving a bunch to some one else. Everyones happy and everyone gets their fix in between boxes.

15 Likes

He also does occasional drops where people can get a couple packs of seeds for shipping costs. He limits packs to two for standard and three for OG members to be able to spread them around more. Thatā€™s what most of those strains listed on his site are. He does a bunch himself then others donate stuff in too. He handles all distro and everything for the donated strains.

8 Likes

@Chronickyle

Oh yeah, Iā€™m actually signed up for the blue velvet. Looking forward to it. Yeah I was more so just answering the question as to why someone would send seeds his way to the best of my knowledge. Not arguing a case as to why you should specifically.

I personally think the best way to overgrow is what people are already doing. Contributing to co-ops as well as giving things away, and trading amongst each other. Itā€™s what makes this website so unique and fun to be a part of.

8 Likes

I agree completely. I have been having a blast doing giveaways. People get excited, itā€™s good fun. I have also canceled my bud run to do a seed run for OG as well as looking to set up an auction to help the server. Itā€™s about supporting this great place but also the people, the interactions, the fun. There is room for all. I am signed up for all but one strain on the spring box and I think all of them for the one coming up. There is enough love to go around.

11 Likes

Sorry man I didnt mean to come off that way and totally agree.

6 Likes

Haha no worries buddy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What awesome guys You and Doug are.

7 Likes

I was actually hoping to do something similar in the near future.
I didnt know about how the seedruns supported, but I understand now. I was thinking of just having some random giveaways to give back, but I think when I have something in the future I will just send to Sebring and you @DougDawson :laughing:
I can also help with shipping if you want. I would love to help out someway before I have some beans to share with everyone.
This community has been extremely kind to me. I lost everything I owned and many of you have stepped up to help me even thou I was and or still am still new here.
I am so greatful to you all for your support and knowledge.
Doug let me know what I can do to help.
:v: :smiley: :latin_cross: :heart:

13 Likes

Hey Bud, appreciate the kind words :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So with plans for another auction and so many giveaways happening almost daily I thought I would bump this thread as I am always looking for stuff to spread around to all the great OGers.

6 Likes

Same here, @DougDawson, Iā€™m doing the same for a planned Sep Donation/Giveaway Fundraiser. This time, maybe 30 - 35 members, $7.50 Donation, multiple strains again, TEN seeds per Flip this time. ALL qualify!!! Members/Breeders wanting to get their spread around WITHOUT the added expense are solicited to donate. As is ever, all expenses are on me. ALL FUNDS GO TO @LemonadeJoe, NOT a bit of the monies come to me (itā€™s ALL about the Site!!!). Iā€™m planning on at least one per Quarter. I donā€™t mind begging if itā€™s aids OG. In fact, anyone wishing to contribute seeds, but running short, Iā€™ll kindly send funds to get them to me (Maine). ALL, enjoy the upcoming Holiday, SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: Heads upā€¦@Sebring has already sent some of his current Inventory, so watch out!!! NOTE #2: 5 GHOST Crosses from ā€œMarkā€ recently arrived also.

22 Likes