Watering plants outdoors

im in my early stages of growth should i over water the soil or how can i tell if the soil is too dry with out wilting ?

Ya can watterin generosly but no again watterin till first centimetres of the soil surface will be dry… wet soil has less air…Excuse my English…

1 Like

Overwatering is one of the biggest problems for new growers. You should never over water. When they are seedlingg keep the soil moit. Dont wanna water much? Use a mulch to keep the soil moist. Everyone should use a mulch anyways. You dont need as much water seems like a great ideaXD

2 Likes

I just watered 30g of soil with 2 gallons of h20 to keep the soil moist not waterlogged like I made them in styrofoam cups the roots were starting to grow out of the drainage holes.

If they are in pots you should just need to water more often. Feel the weight of the pot to know when to water.

2 gallons in an ounce of soil seems weird, am i missing something?

1 Like

I assume the g ment 30 gallons. The roots growing out the drainage holes means it needs a new home:)

2 Likes

Hello @lotus710, thank you. I assumed grams.

2 Likes

My dad always said. “Dont assume things because it makes an ASS out of U and ME” lmfaoXD

3 Likes

Your dad is a smart gentlemen.

2 Likes

I wouldnt say that. hes brainwashed by the government LMFAO.

2 Likes

Agreed, try not to over water. Make those plants roots seek and go down looking for natural soil moisture. Make those plants work for their keep. Just keep an eye on your plants they will tell you when they’re thirsty.

2 Likes