Weedsicle Hydro Grow Journal V1.1

is that a big industrial dehumidifier i see?

I’ve been struggling to keep up with the humidity in my area but I think it’s seeping through the concrete walls faster than 3 dehumidifiers can keep up lol 2x 25 pint and 1 70 pint.

2 Likes

Yea, seemed like nothing kept up for me prolly cause of the same problem of being in a basement. I am not sure if you have paint on the concrete, but some sort of sealer would help mitigate moisture from getting in. I lucked out and the farm I work at was switching to a more modern system and they sold me it on that discounted used bulk purchased price.

This thing holds the room steady at 25%, and I can set it to basically percentage and away it goes. Very nice not to have to worry about emptying it as I have it plumbed to a drain.

3 Likes

those girls blew the fuck up! looking amazing man. such a great looking set up

2 Likes

A good week since my last update and this puts the girls at about 19 days old flowering. The buds are really starting to take shape and please don’t judge but I still have made the second trellis. I went to riot fest so very much ignored them for 4 entire days. Glad this set-up is fairly resilient.

Here are the photos of the Maui’s more so specifically:

Here is closer ups on the blue dream:

Lastly the little baby Jack herer:

6 Likes

Here is a good half way point through the flowering going to owe it short here for this post, had to start tied up main stems as the get heavier.

4 Likes

Nice RDWC setup you got there! What did that set you back?

I’ve done a lot of DWC in Rubbermaid tubs since '01 but am slowly going full organic in pots of ProMix HP for my base.

In the early parts you said you were doing a ScroG.

I’ve done a few ScroGs and once they hit the one and only screen I tie the tips down and train them horizontally until the screen is full of green then flip and continue tying the tops down thru the stretch so the colas only get 6" above the screen once all filled out and ripe.

This is the abortion I made with a couple plants yet to be cropped that got too tall before using the screen. Made them fit tho! :smiley:

Took a little weight training to get one lined up and just put the pot in at an angle for the other.

:peace:

2 Likes

This brings these plants to about 40 days in veg now. I gave them a bit of nutrient burn, pulling back on the nutrients a touch by diluting a couple gallons into my set up. The buds are really coming in thick on the Maui’s, and the Jack herer is definitely developing that signature smell very well. Love to see it reaches these later steps of the cultivation.

Here are the pics:

5 Likes

Dang bro, who got you smiling like that?!

6 Likes

is that fishing line ur using as support?

Little Bonsi Cannabis sculpture here eh

1 Like

Yea, I feel it works better than traditional string.

just be careful it doesn’t cut into your plants.

Thanks, but there will not be a ghost ship tragedy in this cultivation

1 Like