Welcome to Meesh's Garden

Wow. Pretty partial to this Jasmine. Expect you would love it. Duke of Tuscany was prettier with its double flowers but the Maid of Orleans beats it easily.

1 Like

I almost sprayed the monitor with coffee…these posts should come with some kind of warning. :smile:

1 Like

Lmfao, that wasn’t supposed to be funny! :expressionless: :joy:

3 Likes

Spring in Winter… All my daffodils are getting ready to bloom!

The first of the spring bulbs are always the most exciting

10 Likes

Those are always the first things to bloom in the southeast. February maybe… we’ve actually been sort of mild lately with mid 40’s to mid 50’s for highs. Still getting freezing nights but a few have been above. It won’t bother me to have it stay mild.

1 Like

Do crocus do well in your neck of the woods?

3 Likes

they might need more cold than she’s got but there sure as 'ell ain’t no woods there, round her neck or otherwise. 'cept backwoods.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

My hyacinths actually are starting their flowers first. :slight_smile: They smell so good!

No dammit! I planted Saffron Crocuses and they just sprout leaves and never flower. @cannabissequoia is correct. Doesn’t seem to get cold enough. I’m actually surprised the hyacinths bloom.

5 Likes

I was actually looking at growing Crocus for saffron (mom loves using it). Was this the first year after planting the bulbs? You won’t get any the first year, normally the second (in the fall I believe) but the guy I talked to said it may not flower until the third. Also, while they can handle cold temperatures, I don’t think they need stratification.

3 Likes

This is the second year… so I guess we’ll see

2 Likes

Just got 2 new wind chimes and a hummingbird feeder! Gifts from @cannabissequoia. They were his Mom’s! So thoughtful! I’m a big wind chime freak, so they will be perfect with my others! Gotta remind my man to hang them next time he is here. Still looking for the perfect spot for the hummingbird feeder, but more than likely on the avocado tree.

4 Likes

I hope you planted them in a confined area, They seem to have a habit of exploding to where you don’t want them.

2 Likes

We have… 7? A small one in front of the ac vent will tell you when it comes on. :wink:

3 Likes

My kinda people!! :grin:

1 Like

I got a botanical garden membership from my Cousin for xmas. It lets me and a guest into almost every botanical garden in California. The man and I went wandering in the one closest to home this afternoon! It was so pretty and peaceful and so big I felt like we had the place to ourselves! Sorry no pics at this time! My man used his real camera and I still have to get copies. It was so beautiful in there, I have a new spot to hang out whenever I want now. I’ll be there throughout all seasons!

6 Likes

That’s very nice! I miss the plant diversity where I grew up and those type places are great reprieves. I love plants!

7 Likes

Since it’s cold and icy for most of you, I figured I’d let you journey through early spring here with me.
Daffodils are almost there on some

A narcissus variety of daffs starting in the cutting garden. These are the stinkiest variety I have

Forgive the shadows, outdoor photos can be tough
Hyacinth progressing

My bacopa! I keep buying these and you can see why. They are amazing here

Also in the cutting garden under all the clover, all those green leaves poking through freesia by the hundreds

New scilla bulbs starting

The thin green leaves are the brodaia rudys starting

Summer lily trees starting… no idea why

In the shade…
English primrose and cyclamen looking good

The new gardenia bush… looks okay. Haven’t killed it yet. Picky fucker

And something exciting coming up too. Not sure if its a bleeding heart or an astilbe bare root that I planted 2 years ago

8 Likes

The top pic with the yellow daffs is my front rose planter. It contains daffs, freesia and crocus that won’t bloom for me, but I love the early spring bulbs in there as I hack down all my roses in January. It’s nice that all the bulbs flower while the roses are dormant, gives something pretty to look at still. Also all of my camillia trees are starting to flower. I love that they flower in winter, just makes everything less stark while everything else is just waking up.

5 Likes

We don’t do totally w/o

There is an African Violet not pictured in bloom too :slight_smile:

5 Likes