Welcome to Meesh's Garden

Yay! My african violets are blooming in my plant window and I’ve got 2 flower spikes on my orchids! My string of pearls succulent is rocking it right now too! I found 2 tiny plants at the botanical gardens I added to the cuttings you gave me. One of the initial strings you sent is all the way down to the bottom of the pot! I love that plant! Just wish it was a faster grower!

Those look great!

5 Likes

Hello, nice to see other types of plants, than just cannabis.

4 Likes

The clover is getting a little rambunctious by the freesia. I like to leave it for the bees as it’s their first source of food in the winter. However, I’m gonna thin it out as I noticed a flower spike starting on the freesia. So I’ll open it up and give them some more sunshine. I still have other clover for the bees elsewhere in the planters.

Dad is coming by tmw. We are gonna set-up 2 trellises in the former mj beds. I need to get my sweet pea flowers planted asap. Also gonna start my only veggie I’m growing this year, some green onions. The 2nd trellis is for a black-eyed Susan vine I’m gonna start in spring in the planter where the strawberry diesels grew. May as well get it setup now while Dad is here. I will also be collecting soil samples to send in for testing. Getting ready to start a new cannabis grow log for the year. I will be logging the soil test, amendments and the trellising there for the 2020 grow.

I will continue to log the rest of my non-cannabis and gardening adventures here!

7 Likes

@AutoGrow Welcome to OG and my garden! I truly believe that my other gardening enhances my growing knowledge and makes me a better cannabis grower! Thanks for stopping in. My garden is just starting to wake up for spring! Should be some gorgeous plants and flowers to see soon!

4 Likes

I’m a very bad gardener. I just started growing autos and I need all the help I can get. I never worked with any plants outside. So this is a new venture, since it’s legal. I do wish I had a spot of land where I could make a garden like yours. I hear it’s good for stress and anxiety

5 Likes

Best thing for my depression! When I started, I didn’t know dick about gardening. Not everyone is born with a green thumb, some of us have to learn! You have come to the right place to learn to grow! The people here on OG have inspired me in so many ways! Everyone is really cool and helpful here. Don’t be shy about asking questions!

Happy growing and magical green thumb juju to you! :green_heart:

6 Likes

@AutoGrow
Welcome. You definitely came to the right place. There is no shortage of help available here.

6 Likes

The first bulb flower of the year, in all her glory.
Tada!

And a pic of my lemon balm pretty happy in this cinder block

Finally got the new raspberry bush planted too

9 Likes

Sorry for the multiple posts guys, but I hate typing anything narrative on that tiny keyboard on my phone when I upload pics. So I do all my writing on my laptop.

Today while I was scouting a spot for my raspberry bush, I discovered boatloads of pvc pipe buried under the soil in the back corner of my yard where the trees used to be. To my delight, All of the soil on top of it was black gold! Gramps when he was alive had piled leaves and clippings in that back corner under the tree and my gardener has been piling the same back there for years and for the last year when my compost tumbler is full. The soil is black and has the absolute best earthy smell, I filled in the raspberry bush hole with it. Not to mention the bajillion worm sightings I had today let alone in ever corner of my huge back yard. I only put a pound of worms back there last year and they are everywhere now. Probably millions of them.

Dad and I put 2 trellises in the old mj beds today, anchored them to the garage wall and my sweet peas are officially planted! YAY! I swear I think I care more about getting my sweet pea flowers more than my cannabis. lol Okay, well not quite, but def a hard 2nd. Ran out of gas, but I will get my bunching onions planted tmw as well. I’m pretty sure I can actually start my Black-Eyed Susan vine already too, but I’ll probably wait a few more weeks.

9 Likes

Things already looking great mesh! Your gardens are going to rock the place this year!

3 Likes

Thanks! Good to see you! I’m starting to dial it in. Still a work in progress, but I have learned so much in the last year alone! Already I’m super excited again with every little sprout coming up!

5 Likes

Just be careful of the Lemon Balm. It is like Mint and Nettles, it will spill over and before you know it, you will have nothing but LB all around the block and after that happens…

:worried::fearful::anguished::sob:

5 Likes

Yay! My new garden shoes have arrived! They are extra cushioney

10 Likes

Hey @MomOnTheRun my catmint suddenly went away. Is it usually ethereal? Does it come back?

4 Likes

Is it me, or do those shoes have a shiny, glossy, finish on them? Working in the garden does usually cause me wet shoes before I finish.

3 Likes

I had to go look at those shoes. I loved the shorter boots. You got me at ‘Extra Cushiony’.

3 Likes

Indeed! They are waterproof and made for gardening and rain

@Dej they have super thick foot pads! I could putt around in them all day! I’m really stoked with this purchase! Brand Sloggers. Amazon! Not even pricey

4 Likes

In my cart! Need the padding.

2 Likes

Mine showed with free shipping in 2 days and that’s without Prime. Let me know what you think when you get them

2 Likes

:seedling: :herb: :blossom: :house: :dog2: :cat2: :high_heel: :high_heel: :high_heel: :high_heel: :high_heel: :high_heel: :high_heel: :high_heel: :tv:

(:point_up_2: @Meesh’s house) :joy:

:evergreen_tree: :house_abandoned: :smoking:

3 Likes