Welcome to Meesh's Garden

For anyone who isn’t following my outdoor cannabis grow, you can link here if you are interested. My monsters are starting to bud! Yay!

8 Likes

My love of growing started with my first cannabis sprout emerging from the soil. Then I came to OG and saw some of the outdoor growers here and their amazing gardens and it just sparked something. My entire backyard project all started so I could grow some kick ass cannabis plants in the ground like many of my gurus on here! Truly believe that this journey is making me a better cannabis grower. Understanding soil, nutrients, microbes and plants of all kinds has really helped with this years crop.

I quickly wanted to ask for @LemonadeJoe blessing on this thread since it strays a bit from all cannabis specific growing, although it is part of my garden and of course any and all things cannabis growing is welcomed and encouraged on my thread. My last thread was picked up and read by many outside of the site and I am hoping to inspire more people to join OG as they read about my growing journeys and hopefully start outdoor cannabis gardens of their own.

9 Likes

OC in da HOUZ!!! (Trying to be a little “gangsta”… It’s not working) :laughing:

There were a couple more folks from SoCal on here, one from LB area, one in LA and one more up the coast.

@1BillionDollars I used to use alfalfa for my regular garden down in TX. You are right, it works great.

3 Likes

I think gardening threads should be welcomed, and especially when getting into recharging the earth and putting it back in balance with local microbes, companion planting, and natural practices.

It’s our duty as gardeners to teach others about the “correct” (IMHO) way to garden and how we all have a personal responsibility to leave the earth better than we found it. And, since humans got way off track, and let the earth suffer, it’s even more important to keep that message at the forefront.

The bonus is, that you will most definitely grow better pot and tastier vegetables. And grow prettier and healthier flowers. You’ll also be providing much needed food sources for insects such as bees and butterflies.

So, I say promote the gardening threads… after all, you sort of need to know some of that stuff if you want to grow pot! heh…

Chive on Meesh! I enjoyed following your last garden thread. It’s a nice fit with the cannabis pics and info. I’ll be adding a thread of my own, too. I have a grow thread but haven’t been updating lately. But I want one documenting my learning process in the living soil journey. I feel like we need to tell everyone how to do their part, right in their own back yard. It’s addicting, too! peace

8 Likes

Sup? Just stopping in to say High…

3 Likes

Hey Man! Welcome! Thanks for dropping in!

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome fella’s, nice to meet you. I think ag should be taught to everyone in school, music too.

2 Likes

@Shadowz ru wanting to know what this plant is? I believe it to be a mullein plant herbalist use their flower and various other parts of the plant for medicinal value the leaves soft and velvety are sometimes called Indian toilet paper for obvious reasons depending on what year it is the can get to 6-7 feet tall see them a lot out in pastures and meadow areas.

3 Likes

Well said @GMan couldn’t agree more myself @Meesh has put together and awesome thread that all can take advantage of wanting to learn along the way!

2 Likes

That is cool - thanks Tinytuttle!!! They are in the most inappropriate spots in my yard (in front of my garage door) and the one pictured were the small ones. And the huge leaves could prolly give Charmin a run :joy:

4 Likes

Ya probably left by a local bird that came in a nice little fertilizer package!

3 Likes

I have a lot of those… My morning glories that just keep coming back and my full grown 2nd apple tree. They tried to start a 2nd macadamia nut tree in my front yard planter too, but seeing how my other one is 30 feet tall, I opted for the chainsaw. lol

2 Likes

@GMan Homie, you’ve been here awhile now and we love you, the time has come to find an avatar. I realize you are the “G” Man, but you deserve a fancier G at least… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: #upgrade

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re right! I fergot, heh… I suppose I have to put the bowl down to make it happen… there’s my problem.

I have to think about this… Thanks!

1 Like

I really want to discuss chemical vs. organic fertilizers and my personal observations, thoughts and theories on the matter.

My auto cannabis grows I’m using as an example here, so we are talking container plants. The last batch that I harvested a few weeks ago got nothing but organic nutrients from start to finish. My fade was minimal. The batch that is almost finished now was organic until 2 weeks ago. As soon as I fed it a chemical, yes it greened up some and looked perky, but a week later, I started getting fade, big time. All the green was still greener, but it started eating itself… As if before the plant was given a fine scotch and kicked back and lightly sipped it. Whereas the Megacrop was like crack and the plant sucked it up like a big gulp then ran out and was too strung out to go back to sipping scotch. From now on my autos are crack addicts and they want to feed their addiction.

What this tells me is that when I grow container plants, especially annuals, is that you will get greener and higher flowering plants faster if you use strictly chemicals on them. Unless you have some that self sow and come up automatically straight in the dirt anyway the next year. Those container annual flowers like petunias, annual phlox, some snapdragons, angelonia etc…have a very short life. I think I want to get as much out of them as possible, especially since they have to rely on me completely for water and such anyway. If you really want to kick it up a notch, use a soilless mix and chemical ferts. Downside is… you can’t compost the soil after the season, possible chemicals in the groundwater etc… Having said this, all of my million container plants are in organic soil and I can say honestly that it doesn’t really do them much justice. If you had a small container garden only and want organic soil I think one would benefit more from creating a soil mix that sits for a few months before you put your annuals in and keep it going. Personally, I have way too much shit to do in the ground to make special batches of soil and such. Not to mention pulling out grass and weeds which I’ve been overrun with since basically May when I had life stuff prevent me from getting out there.

Any of the earth back there though can only have scotch as I want to try and preserve the earth, replenish it, get it as close to a balanced state as possible to sustain over time.

7 Likes

I’m high and on a tangent :blush: Now, I forgot what I was going to say. :joy:

Oh yeah… soilless mix. What a motherf**ker to learn to water. OMG. As a member of Overwaterers Anonymous, that stuff is relearning to water all over again. That shit takes practice. I’ve finally mastered it in starters. How many plants will I kill learning to water in an entire container of the stuff? It took me forever just to learn how to water soil properly. Some people are born with a green thumb, but most of us have to learn it.

6 Likes

Boy there is what I call an invasive plant IMO pretty plant but man they sure drop a lot of seed for future generations!

4 Likes

We have the morning glory “looking” plants here. They’re called Bindweed. It’s about all that grows here in the dead of summer. Man, is it hard to eradicate… You have to just keep pulling it out.

2 Likes

That’s what Iv had in my yard compliments of my neighbors over the years I couldn’t keep up with it not sure if I was creating more work by pullin and possibly not getting all the root being organic as much as possible I had to resort to weed killer the brand Spectricide has really knocked them out ! A little tip that might help , you know how they radiate out from a common point and have a tendency to grow through the grass with ease? Take one of those little fingered trowels and pull them up through the grass and kinda of ball the mass up then hit it with your spray complete quick coverage a bit more work but worth it IMO!

3 Likes

New it was a perennial but know the roots could go this deep!

2 Likes