Welcome to Meesh's Garden

Yeah, it’s rough/. supposedly getting as much pulled out is best but you would have to be dedicated. I thought I was making a difference in mine, but after being gone two weeks, I can’t tell anymore… Actually, that’s not really true. It would be even worse had I not stayed after it.

It’s actually pretty but not worth it.

2 Likes

Fuck that plant … I’ll give ya extras if mine if you need some lol … good news my next door neighbor who “ doesn’t give a fuck about his yard or anybody else’s in the neighborhood “ is leaving for good in about two months ! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

People say that a lot. For some reason my volunteer morning glories only pop up in one spot and it’s always only one vine. So far I’ve been very lucky. They haven’t choked anything out yet. I probably shouldn’t have said that out loud cuz now they’ll probably take over the yard. I did buy a dwarf morning glory plant, it’s in a container though. It’s a nice plant. Sort of looks like morning glories. The leaves are more dense than regular ones and is more of a spiller plant than a vine.

I’m not sure that bindweed grows wild here. It may I just don’t really recognize it. Could be one of those that needs cold to grow, but it sounds like a pain in the ass. However, if a weed is gonna take over my yard I prefer a pretty flowering one. lol

4 Likes

I meant to tell you guys that I had read somewhere that morning glories would keep my birdhouse gourds from growing. I can easily debunk that bit of info as the recent volunteer sprouted up on the trellis at the same time as my gourds and I have probably 9 or 10 monster gourds out there. Boy gourds are ridiculously fun to grow. Next year I’m gonna grow some of the warty little kind just for shits and giggles. It is possible that I just enjoy vining plants in general. Something about them really thrills me. I think cuz you can visibly see how smart plants are as the reach out and grab onto things as they grow. The morning glories and the gourds seemed to compliment each other imo and were not the bad companion plant like I had read

4 Likes

You guys need to score a comfrey plant which is an bioaccumulator. Desirable! lol

Invasive yes, I have one in a large plastic tub. Thinking of tp it into the old compost hole spot to “mine out” all that goodness out. Very much like nettles. In fact some folks, harvest the nettles and give them a rough chop, then harvest the comfrey and rough chop to sooth the stinging hands.

3 Likes

Some gourd shots

The Echinacea I started from seed. Can’t believe it’s actually forming flowers! Was supposed to take a whole year.

Dahlias. Powerhouses, been going since spring

13 Likes

I’ll will now that you have all that awesome soil now!

1 Like

@1BillionDollars Comfrey you say?

You mean like these? :grin: and the stargazer photobombing just a bonus

11 Likes

Pysc! That’s the stuff!

Mosquito plant/ citronella, comfrey, maters, rosemary, and locoweed. Plus batman who had the camera on selfie mode.

7 Likes

i learned something while I attended a gourd festival. If you access the inside of the gourd and you find a black mold inside, mask up it is highly dangerous.I don’t know the cure but my guess is bleach.

After the festival, my aunt made me this… her first gorud!

9 Likes

That’s rad! I’m absolutely certain that I will not come up with anything that cool with my gourds. I read that you are supposed to bleach them. Mostly planned to give them away to my crafty friends, but I have my eye on the biggest one out there that I’m gonna keep and make into something.

btw… nice plants Batman!

5 Likes

So, I batted my eyelashes and dangled ideas of grandeur regarding snacks over my sweetie and he has agreed to help me knock out a spot in the veggie patch where the sunflowers were to plant my garlic. He’s not a big fan of working in my garden and it is my circus so I try not to ask very often and usually do it all myself. Damn it, it’s hot today and this old lady has a bad shoulder so the extra help digging out that fkn bermuda grass is gonna help so much. If you’ve never had bermuda grass it’s a vining grass so it’s awful and spreads like wildfire and with every node it roots into the ground instead of having just regular clumps of blades like regular grass. It’s my nemesis out there. Also the very back grass near the fruit trees and shade planters has been overrun by Jezzy poop so we need to knock that out too. Getting to where I don’t want to walk out there. I have been bad lately in my garden and only have been doing the minimum right now to maintain the plants as heat kicks my ass. I’ve kind of been cutting and running. The more I do that though, the farther behind and the more overrun with grass I get. My spring cutting garden is like a grass field at this point as nothing is growing right now too. Sigh. I comfort myself with thoughts of fall and winter when it’s cooler and will have more time to dig everything back out again. Right now, it’s mostly all about the cannabis budding.

I can’t let my aversion to heat and digging today ruin my chances of harvesting my own yummy garlic in the spring! That’s my motivation right now, darn it, and I’m going with it.

6 Likes

32 posts were split to a new topic: WMoon518’s Garden

So, not sure if you guys remember me mentioning one of the last of Gramps 60 year old rosebushes being sick a while back. Well, I was almost positive it had rust and was gonna die. My gardener said nah, I think it just needs a 3 in 1 spray. I sprayed it and forgot all about it. Imagine my surprise like a month or 2 later (yesterday) that the 3 in 1 worked and the plant looks just fine now! :grin::rose:

So, my man helped me turn over the soil where the sunflowers were. I’m gonna let some of those exposed grass roots get cooked in the sun for a day or two and start hand sifting and digging again, bit by bit. I will have garlic! When it comes to digging, my shoulder says that slow and steady wins the race. The dog shit heap that was the back is walkable again! lol It actually wasn’t as bad as I thought.

I need to put a large note on my backdoor telling me to turn the compost so I see it every time I walk out back. I would have had so much by now if I just remembered to turn the damn tumblers every day! I frustrate myself, cuz I always forget about it, especially since they are full and stopped putting stuff in there.

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing things progress… it’s been a treat so far…:+1:

Slow & Steady Girl… you’re doing great…

Peace
DaFozz

2 Likes

Massive root ball from the mammoth sunflowers. The sunflower patch is almost dug out. One more day of digging then I can plant my garlic.

12 Likes

And a nice pot of oregano

13 Likes

Purdy Flowers there Meesh. What the hell are the weird ones, though?

2 Likes

Are the first ones the weird ones? That’s Celosia! They are so bright and cheerful! Followed by Salvia and Asters. Thanks! I swear I thought I labeled them! Must be that other herb I grow, it makes me a tad forgetful at times. :herb::wink:

4 Likes

Those Asters are pretty cool, too. Nice flowers.

1 Like