Welcome to Meesh's Garden

The only marigold I got to flower in the cannabis planter, the rest got shaded out

So these are the piece of shit Vincas I started from seed in winter. Got 3 whole flowers, not at once and this is literally the biggest they ever got

And this is a random volunteer that popped up in my phlox planter 3 weeks ago. Wtf??? Lol

Second bloom on one of my calibracoa

That pot of alyssum that I started from seed recently! Looking Good! Already little flower buds forming! May get the nice purple spill I was looking for

The Gomphrena only flowers still standing in the veggie patch. Way taller now and growing strong. These love to be cut

Bell peppers

The flamingo full of violas

The perennial planter growing in slowly but surely.
Carnations in the front and hollyhocks both started from seed

Thereā€™s a couple delphiniums in there that I started from seed too

8 Likes

everything looks nice thereā€¦esp. the peppers.

IIRC, vinca likes shade & marigolds like full sun ā€¦ (?)

Woohoo friday night :fireworks:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Actually Vincas like full sun also. However they do not like spring or early summer obviously. Since that volunteer popped up 3 weeks ago and is like 5 times bigger. Learning experience big time! Next year start seeds in dead of summer! lol Still donā€™t know where that seed came fromā€¦ My puny vincas had white flowers lol Maybe it hitched a ride in the phlox transplants and laid dormant for 7 months!

4 Likes

What do you guys know about Hostas? They are a bulb, but do they die off then grow back like others? My white filagree in the shade bed was looking great for awhile, even gave me a flower and now looks like itā€™s dying. Either it is dying as Iā€™ve realized that trying to force plants that are not zoned for my climate has major issues with our humidity or itā€™s naturally dying back and will pop up in the future. This is the first one Iā€™ve ever grown, so Iā€™m not sure. The same thing is kind of happening to all of my bleeding hearts as well. Bums me out. All I can think of is the humidity that they donā€™t like. Not all plants love the beautiful Southern Cali weather it seems.

Also, the alyssum are strictly in a soilless mix and quite honestly are getting Miracle Grow bloom nutes. Really see a difference with my container flowers already. They just seem to grow better in containers with chemicals and no soil.

3 Likes

Not much but that never stops a post. :joy:

They remind me of 60ā€™s & 70ā€™s Sunset garden/landscape booksā€¦ with the hawaiian lanai patios :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know mine get covered in a few feet of snow every year and come back strong in the Spring, if that helpsā€¦lol

Need to divide a bunch this Fall and find a few spots to try them outā€¦ they seem to transplant well, even in crappy soilā€¦

Peace
DaFozz

3 Likes

Bought myself some wonderful mums and Stock for the house. Men, from one friend to another, if your lady likes flowers, go to trader Joes and pick her up like 3 or 4 bunches of stock, mind you they are dirt cheap. Come evening the flowers will fill the room with sweetness. Chicks like flowers and we like them for absolutely no reason. Youā€™ll make her week. Shootā€¦ if your single, buy yourself some.

They make me happy, yum

5 Likes

:neutral_face: Not the ex. (Ms Sociopath, lives down your way :joy:)

I may as well have given her a bouquet of pipe-wrenches & hammers.

(But glad I didnā€™t cuz flowers donā€™t hurt :laughing:)

:evergreen_tree: Look what you did

3 Likes

Get yourself some! It makes the house smell lovely in the evening when smoking and chilling

3 Likes

The stock I grew this year was a smaller variety. Iā€™m going to buy giants for my garden next time.

1 Like

@Calyxander I pruned back those Angelonias like you suggested and thee spikes are growing back with flower buds. So thank you! I really enjoy these. Did you grow them in Florida? Wondering if they will act like perennials. Did they there or did you have to reseed?

4 Likes

There are going to be a whole lot of impatiens planted in my shade garden this year. Probably all in white. My favorite shade plants are just having a real hard time with our humidity. Iā€™m quickly realizing that I canā€™t push it too much on certain plants not zoned for here. Some just wonā€™t grow here and I canā€™t wish it into being. lol At least I get credits for every plant that croaks out there so I can keep learning lessons without spending more money on plants.

5 Likes

Yes, in zones 9 thru 11 they are perennials (tender perennials), So just repeat cutting 'em back as needed.
In SoFla,I almost always plant Angelonia in containers, started from seed.
I like the Serena Mix from Park Seeds.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great news! Since I canā€™t have everything I want at least some of the flowers I love will make it all year! Iā€™ve eyeballing everyone of the angelonia types over there at parks. Iā€™ll be def placing a new seed order soon

5 Likes

Super excited! Opened the front door to a package on my porch from @MomOnTheRun aside from the cannabis seeds. She sent me some large chunks of Davidā€™s Phlox, Catmint and a red asiatic lily! Gonna get them in the ground tomorrow. Sure hope they thrive cuz they will be special plants to me out there and I can tell people they are my Alaskan plants.

6 Likes

:grinning:
I got a package from @MomOnTheRun with the same stuff! Planting mine tomorrow too. :laughing:

6 Likes

Yay! I know exactly where they are gonna go too. Iā€™ve read catmint is a great companion for roses and I desperately need something in my front rose bush planterā€¦ Everyone knows I just love my flowers! Iā€™m so excited Iā€™m gonna wet my plants! :joy:

5 Likes

I got a pm today from @Olbrannon with a tracking number. He has kindly sent me a piece of his String of pearls succulent that I have so desperately wanted. Itā€™s gonna be such a good plant week!!!

4 Likes

:wave: remember!!! :joy:

1 Like

I miss Mad TV! It was so good!

3 Likes