Wetting agents?

Oh, if you’d like me to send you a small quantity to try, let me know and I’ll send some to you…

3 Likes

You are a very thoughtful and kind person @Northern_Loki it’s something imho everyone should have in their arsenal I’m checking with build a soil here in Co and will obtain some here more than likely I just messaged them about disolvability but haven’t gotten back to me yet thanks for the offer though!

2 Likes

I’ve never used a wetting agent before and last night I seen why it’s so essential. I was away from the girls for almost 4 days and they were super thirsty. Like drier than they have ever been. It took a couple small watering for it to start to soak in before I could really give them a drink. So now I won’t let them go without watering that long again and when I go into the future I’ll definitely need to pick up some kind of wetting agent!

4 Likes

i have noticed that if my coco gets a little dry on top, it takes abit of effort to get everything to wet. ive started using Raw Yucca Root Extract to help break surface tension and i guess it helps the plant with stress. the package says to use 1/16tsp per 5 gallons, what the hell? and i have a hell of a time trying to get it to dissolve in room temp water, esp when all my other nutes are liquid base. well i decided to make it liquid base.

2oz pack of yucca root extract.

dissolved into 1500ml of hot RO water, not boiling. this stuff is tough to get it to go into solution.

final product, 1500ml of concentrate. to use, add 2ml per gallon. this makes 750 gallons of solution.

6 Likes

I haven’t tried the RAW brand myself and instead have used the stuff from Kelp4Less. Samething, 1/16 tsp per 5 gallons. But it seemingly dissolves easy in room temperature water.
The RAW brand is significantly darker in color so I wonder what process they use?

4 Likes

do u know if kelp4less uses just powdered root, or is it an extract? raw states on the packaging its an extract, but im not able to find any more information except that its spray dried, similar to how malt extract for brewing brewing beer is made.

color and consistency is the same as your picture of your lab scoop spatula before dissolving.

i just fed the ladies and the coco soaked it up, no dry spots! this solution is going to last me for fricken ever.

4 Likes

Same color powder, ok. It is an extract.

Must simply be the concentration / solubility that is making the difference. NPK RAW is quality stuff.

3 Likes

I use root powder (make it myself) usually let it sun dry, then chop it up in tiny pieces and grind it in the coffee grinder. Then that is passed through a 120 micron screen. I use 1/4 tsp per gallon.

Aloe is also a decent setting Agent, and Reetha nuts have the highest level saponins. I am making a reetha but glycerine extraction now for this reason. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Ya I saw Kevin jodrey using aloe for a wetting agent, but I have enough yucca to last the foreseeable future

3 Likes

SM90. Great for roots and spray, smells really nice too.

2 Likes

How often would I need to use the yucca extract?
And do I water with the extract by itself or with nutrients?
Just watered today an I felt like I needed to water at least twice just to moisten the top. Who knows if there are any dry spots in the middle.
My water isn’t wet enough.

2 Likes

im running coco and ive been using it everything feeding. I definitely see an improvement with wetter water.

3 Likes

I would think one would use a specific amount for given amount of square surface , area at some point I’d believe you’d probably not need it anymore eventually and would be a waste of product at some point IMO
Edit: this is the recommendation of yucca meal amounts from BUILD A SOIL

Use at:

1 Teaspoon per cubic foot
1/2 cup per cubic yard

2 Likes

i use penitrator by AN looks and acts like soap, silica has been used in a pinch and coconut oil.

3 Likes

I noticed that their Bud Factor X is also highly soapy. Makes water wetter for sure. Giant pain in the ass to stir a full bucket, foam comes up like crazy.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, have you ever ran the RAW line?

K.

1 Like

Not the complete line no. I have used/use several of there products.

I have used/use

yucca
silica
phoshorous
kelp
Enymes
Microbes
all in one grow and bloom

The rest I can source locally. Ex Mag sulfate, Cal-mag, Sugars, so I don’t use those from them. I have to import everything.

Would you recommend? I am currently looking for a line to use in my shop…I used to use the Organicare by Botanicare, but don’t want to support Monsanto haha.I am also looking at Kyle Kushmans Vegamatrix…

K.

WOW…Thanks for the effort put forth with this…I may try to read it when I am not too stoned.

K.

1 Like

This is what I’m using this time around. We’ll see how well it works though.

1 Like