WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

I’m not sure if the calmag would be good or not.
I think it’s a potassium deficiency.
Just my guess

2 Likes

I had not hit on that one yet. That looks to be a more accurate diagnosis! tup

I’ve been considering light burn as well…it is concentrated near the middle of the plants closest to the bulb but not touching it. In fact there is good spacing between the bulb and the plants AFTER I added additional Horizontal Restraints to them.

Thank you very much for your help, @Hydro921! tup

Very helpful! tup

rockon,
WHAB

4 Likes

Light burn does mimic potassium deficiency.
I’ve been trying to get better at diagnosing.
I start having problems about the same stage you’re in.
The wife even bought a light meter.
Might be best to get another’s opinion lol

3 Likes

Another opinion may be helpful but, don’t discount your contribution to this discussion.

You caused me to look at the potential for potassium deficiency.

It is appreciated. I appreciate it!

Thank you!

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

It does read as potassium deficiency according to the flow chart. Also it could be nutrient antagonism due to the high EC levels. I think they used to call it nutrient lock? Lemme see if there is a chart for that. Could be excess calcium, magnesium, nitrogen or phosphorous.
Flow chart for deficiencies:

4 Likes

I don’t know what happened but I keep this tab open at all times and your post didn’t show up until I just refreshed this page. That’s weird!

I refreshed the page only because I was going to post a small message about the AC Infinity RH probe test and the Editor window was acting up…it wouldn’t load an image…stayed on 0% upload for extended period. That’s what caused me to refresh the page and to see, finally, that your message was here.

My apologies. I didn’t know your message was sitting here.

Yes, it does ‘look’ to be Potassium Deficiency.

I thought Lockout in Hydroponics only occurred when pH is outside of 5.5 and 6.0.

That’s not the case?

Thank you for the chart. I will save that for future reference. Thank you!

My only problem with that diagnosis is that it is only around the middle of the plant - the parts closest to the bulb. Not even on the other side of the same plant. Just on the bulb side…unless I’m missing seeing it. It really is FULL in there.

I saw yesterday that the hooks I’m using to Horizontally Restrain the Girls needs to be adjust UP as they grow. Some of the limbs I captured with the Yoyo’s previously are still in place but lower on the plants and those limbs are leaning back in toward the center as they grew up (I truly believe they are done grow UP).

I am still in the Flush I started this AM (going to be yesterday, soon).

I don’t know why I let it happen but I told myself I wouldn’t let the E.C. get that high again.

I think it is because the recipe coordinates with the “Weeks” into the grow and I use the recipe that coordinates with that calendar…mistakenly.

I’m going to bring it down when I drain and refill…I’ll use 3/4 recipe.

I grabbed a bud when I was in there during the Flush and it was really SUPER sticky, already! Wow!

Hey, my friend @JoeCrowe … are your familiar with “MynameStitch Guide to Sick Plants/PH/and Pest Troubles”?

That used to be the go-to guide for what is ailing our plants.

It took some searching but I do see it is here on Overgrow…

Thank you, again, ever so much! tup

Edit Add: To clarify: (I truly believe the ‘Tops’ are done growing UP) The tops haven’t moved up in several days. The bud sites below that are still growing up.

rockon,
WHAB

4 Likes

I’m a little disappointed with the new AC Infinity RH probe.

Here it is after more than 24+ hours…

Note it is outside the +/-8% of adjustment.

Just to make sure, I siliconed the pass-through through the Tupperware lid again to make sure it is not leaking and will give it another test. I followed the test through the App and I didn’t get the impression that it was leaking…just making sure the test was valid.

AC #1 will be the original RH probe.

AC #2 is the first replacement probe I’m testing.

The third replacement probe, when I test it will be #3.

A note on the Flush. I tested the pH a short time ago and it was…

The highest number I’ve recorded here, I’m pretty sure.

I just added 40ml of pH Down and I’ll see where that takes it before the 2AM feeding.

Sometime today, I’ll drain and refill the Res. with a REDUCED Nute Formula…

I just absentmindedly allowed it to increase to those previous high levels. It was not intentional.

I follow directions! frown PullHair ROFLMAO

I think I need to buy MORE Yoyo’s!

As I just posted above, some of the limbs I captured with the Yoyo’s previously are still in place but lower on the plants and those limbs are leaning back in toward the center, nearer the bulb, as they grew up. It’s the parts above the hooks that’s growing in. I just need to get in there and move them ALL up winky

I re-positioned and re-tensioned a few of the Yoyo’s one of the Girls that has whatever that browning turns out to be. It did pull it away from the center more than I thought it would without lifting the Netpot as occurred on that one Girl I made the clip for.

And, early on I thought about lowering the bulb within the canopy. I’d like to have it lower. I’d prefer it lower. But, it just didn’t seem right at that time…just a feeling. I probably should have lowered it and I may still.

A Cage would help in that decision.

Good morning!

Make it a great day and weekend! rockon

Imma volcano then get back to watching and adjusting the pH levels.

volcano,
WHAB

5 Likes

Wow, it’s BLINDING in there! winky I have a pair of sunglasses right outside the hinged door and keep forgetting to grab them! ROFLMAO

And, WOW, the Girls are Sticky!

I just added a few more Yoyo’s, including adding more wire to attach to on the adjacent walls.

I also just repositioned some, retensioned some and I think that was part of the problem. I hooked them in the Yoyo then kept tension on them expecting that joint where I placed the hook would raise up as that branch was growing. They’re growing UP above where I put the hooks and that’s where they are leaning back in.

I think I have it sorted. I think. For now.

Also, I think that is ‘PART’ of the problem.

I think Light Burn is one issue AND a nutrient problem is the other.

Thank you ALL for the help! rockon

pH is nearly under control. I have it down to 6.4. I just added 20ml more of pH Down. I’ll let that cycle through the Chiller and check it again before the 2AM feeding.

Edit Add:

tup

More volcano! winky ,
WHAB

4 Likes

Here’s a handy chart for pH and lockout

at first glance, it doesn’t look like you can really lock out Potassium…
but this is an idealized chart, the ends really taper from the center maximum, not abrupt terminations.

and of course Mulder

Looks like Phos, Mag, calcium & Nitrogen are antagonists.

A word of disclaimer: I grow in dirt… :smile: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Hello friend!

I’ve always been told that the ideal pH levels for Hydroponic growing of Cannabis was 5.5 to 6.0. I do sometimes leave the Nute solution just above 6.0…6.1 specifically, just because I was satisfied with that level after my adjusting for pH and I don’t like to chase pH levels and causing a too low pH level that I then need to pH UP.

What in the wild world of A Beautiful Mind madness is that second chart?!?!?! winky ROFLMAO I’ve never seen that chart or anything like it. It’s just saying that those component nutrients in Black work together and the Green works against?

While I don’t know what to think of the second chart winky, I do sincerely appreciate the information and your participation in the discussion tup.

Thank you! tup

rockon,
WHAB

2 Likes

Yah I used the mulder chart on my antagonist post as well, but I just didn’t post the diagram. It’s a nice diagram to have when you are trying to puzzle out a nutrient lockout situation. Usually in those cases where I am puzzling… I go with lazy man solution number one: dump the nutrient solution in the system and mix up a whole new batch I know will work.

1 Like

It looks like I’ll have to stare at it for hours on end for me to just try to make ANY sense of it! It boggles my mind! ROFLMAO

winky

Thank you, brother @JoeCrowe! tup

rockon,
WHAB

2 Likes

Does anyone know why there are different ‘ideal’ pH levels. Why is one 5.5 to 6.0 and another is 5.5 to 6.5?

I do like keeping it between 5.5 to 6.0 with intermittent 6+. That’s just the numbers I have always used and am more familiar with.

In @Gpaw’s Hydroponic pH chart - Thank You! - it shows Phosphorus and Boron are unavailable starting at around 6.2.

Why would they suggest going as high as 6.5? Does anyone know?

It’s puzzling!

*Edit Add: Opinion. I should have said, does anyone have an opinion why there are different ‘ideal’ pH levels?

allhail,
WHAB

hi different mediums use different ph due to cation exchange being different leaving some elements needing higher or lower ph to be available for plant to feed on,in coco the medium i use 5.6.6.2 is good with sweetspot for all elements at 5.8.
in soil which relies on microlife to sort ph the range is broader i use 6.4-6.7 for soil and do notice if i give the wrong feed in coco quiet quick,not so in soil as mistakes take longer to show.
best of green mojos buddy.

2 Likes

Hello @duke! It’s my pleasure to make your digital acquaintance wavy.

Yes, I was speaking strictly regarding Hydroponics. I should have been more clear. My apologies!

The puzzle here is, the ‘ideal’ upper level in Hydro can not be both 6.0 and 6.5.

Again, nice to meet you, friend!

Thank you for your input in this matter - it is appreciated! tup

rockon,
WHAB

Got back to making the shelves for the Brothers Made Coffee Table.

I have been meaning to ‘look at’ the Dust Collection barrel. I’ve been meaning to do it for a couple of months ROFLMAO. I only looked now because I just wanted to see where the level is.

It’s a good think I looked.

She’s FULL! (ROFLMAO at myself!)

She’s REALLY FULL! ROFLMAO

It’s my first FULL bin since I’ve been here.

I only looked because I ‘thought’ it ‘might be’ time to check it. For no other reason. ROFLMAO

This is what it ‘should’ look like…it’s transparent for that reason winky I never even gazed upon it even for an instant in my hundreds/thousands of times passing by it! ROFLMAO

That could have gone really bad really quick! facepalm winky

I decided now was the time to check the bin because I’m trying to use this for the shelving…

…it is the cutoff from something else I made - I think it was from the Bloom Room hinged door jamb. This, nearest the camera, was the ‘bad’ end that I didn’t use for the above reason.

It was approximate length I need for the shelves. I just Jointed it. It took approximately 40+ passes across the Jointer! It started out about 1-5/32 inch. One end, the really twisted end. is now about 1/2 inch.

Bad twist and bow.

I think I still have enough length of it to try and use it. I haven’t Thickness Planed it yet…I have no idea what the finished thickness will be cantlook rockon

That spalted Red Oak is beautiful! tup

And, I took a moment to look at those Yoyo’s I bought. I tried the reverse engineer it, to see how it was assembled. Some of them either went bad upon use or was bad right out of the bag. frown

I couldn’t get it apart. I stopped trying to take it apart and instead I rewound the fishing line. This is not one that wouldn’t work out of the gate…this one stopped retracting all the way in leaving slack in the line.

It’s working properly now BUT it is likely to find a way to fail again.

Over the next few months, between grows, I’m going to ponder an improved Horizontal Training method. IF after the cage it is needed.

This works but I think it could be better.

Even though I am going to make a cage out of the Hardware Fabric I have on hand. To make it out of what I have I have one concern. I don’t want the wire it’s made out of to block any light.

I have some time to mull it over! winky

With approximately 6 hours remaining in the test period of the AC #2 probe this is where it is at the moment…

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

Well, ain’t that something! ROFLMAO

I fired up my Vape.

The other day I accidentally left the bowl on the Arizer Extreme Q without turning off the inner fan. It blows all over the place. I thought for sure some would have accumulated in the bottom of the inside of the machine.

I flipped it over and knocked it a couple of times. Not much of anything fell out.

But…

I found this, the Smoke Stone (I think I mentioned it way back when).

I’ve been looking EVERYWHERE for that Smoke Stone. I looked for it multiple times. I never once looked UNDER the Vape! ROFLMAO I tore that file drawer apart looking for that stone, multiple times.

I bought 6 of those things on the right…sort of like a One Hitter but it looks like you’d swallow a bunch of burnt organic material if used in that manner.

It was the only thing I could find to use.

Then, I found that black pouch next to it.

I don’t remember ANYTHING about it! I don’t know why it is there and I don’t know how it got there! It could have been there for more than a decade! ROFLMAO

What’s even more unusual, though…is the holographic sticker on it…

That is the EGA (Eagle, Globe & Anchor), the Marine Corps Symbol, surrounded by the words normally associated with our EGA.

It looks to be an official Marine Corps sticker but I have no idea as to how I came about it.

I’m SURE I NEVER received MMJ from the Corps! Not yet, anyway! winky ROFLMAO Soon to change I suspect. tup

I’m gonna volcano that later tonight and see what it is all about! winky

Awesome I found that stone! I have had it a good long time, more than 20 years.

rockon,
WHAB

5 Likes

Wow!

I grabbed the nastiest appearing piece of Red Oak. It’s the other end of the one I rejected for the hinged door jamb. I looked at it every which way. I put it aside.

I just grabbed it again. It’s HEAVILY bowed!

I hoped, without any way to tell just looking at it, that the spalting would be special under it.

These ends looked the most promising…

It took at least 100 passes through the Jointer - not a joke - maybe more.

I almost gave up on it and nearly chucked it aside! At this point below…

This is how that center of that bowed Jointed face I was working on looked laid on a flat surface, it’s touching the table on both ends… after around 50 or 60 passes over the Jointer… icon_e_surprised

There was at least another 1/4 inch to go cantlook

I got’r done!

LOTS more Yellow!

Beautiful!

But, now I have a board that is TOO THIN on both ends and TOO THICK in the middle.

Left to right…

I’m going to Thickness Plane it but out of the 52-1/2 inches in length I ‘might’ get 36 inches of usable thickness out of it.

I haven’t decided IF I’m going to use this and more like it as the primary shelve material or as a Filler pieces in between 2 of the pieces I’ve already processed (except for final lengths) or maybe that word @Rhino_buddy used…“Nosing”? 2 pieces side-by-side don’t make up the full depth of the shelves…it needs to be about another 1-1/2 inches wide to make up the difference.

I have an appointment in the “City” Monday to receive my new ears! winky tup I’m hoping to have the Brothers Made Coffee Table Base Bookshelf done by then.

I hope to surprise my sister with it. She has no idea what I’ve done or will do. I hope she likes it. I’m nearly positive she will…winky

Okay, I’m off Woodworking duty for the moment. That was fun! tup

And, the AC #2 75% RH test is nearly over…it has about another 1/2 hour remaining.

I’m going to put it to the 32% RH test while I know it’s not leaking…

Then, I’m going to go drain and refill the Res. with a 3/4 recipe.

I know how I let the E.C. get so high…I was using a reduced formula but then they were taking it so well that I thought I should bump them up to the full recipe. facepalm

First :tea: (Black not Green winky)!!!

Edit Add: Couldn’t Resist! The Mystery Pouch Pot!

ROFLMAO

rockon,
WHAB

7 Likes

AC #2 32% RH test…

Mark Time:

Garden II Flower Day 48

Flush and Refill at 1/2 the formula. I decided to take it to 1/2 the recipe.

Before I Drained the Res…

E.C. was .9 during the Flush…

I added the 1/2 recipe 1 component at a time…

I used the LARGE paint mixer on each component as I added it!..

That’s the WILD speed! It will take chips out of the Res…Blue Chips floating around! ROFLMAO

I mostly used the HUGE paint mixer on MILD not WILD! ROFLMAO

Very effective…the below is after mixing all of the components.

Nice!

The pH…

Out of the faucet it went into the Res. at …

When I was done pH’ing it, it was…

E.C. 1.4…

I put the light block I made for the opening in the Res. on the Air Pump, the one hanging from the ceiling. It looked really convenient!. It fell off! Black and Silver, behind the large feed line.

ROFLMAO

It took some doing but I got it.

I’m going to go check pH before the 2AM feeding. The Chiller has been circulating the mix since I took the last pH reading, about 20 or so minutes ago.

Good morning!

Make it a great day, friends! rockon

Then back to that Mystery Pouch Pot and volcano

fly2 winky

Oh, I Thickness Planed that last Spalted Red Oak before Lights On. I got almost exactly 36 inches of approximately 3/4 inch thickness, very close to the other 2…I’ll send them through the Thickness Planer together when I have the shelves glued up.

Btw, I have never done any of this before. I’ve worked wood for a long time. Never “woodworking”.

Edit Add:

I added 30ml of pH Down. I’ll check again on the return, 2:23AM approx.

Oh, another, I forgot to mention! ROFLMAO When that Feed Pump switches on the Control Bucket bucks up! ROFLMAO On that first injection of nutrients, it lifts the Control Bucket up and then it rapidly fills up and settles down. The darn thing HOPS!!! ROFLMAO
volcano,
WHAB

5 Likes

It came back as…

I added another 30ml. I’ll inch up on it, around 6.? to 5.5.

Speaking of pH. Who remembers the hose I put through the cap of the pH bottle? With the hose, and you could easily get precise measurements, precise dosages?

I mentioned back then that I’d get a Golf Tee to plug it off, cover the opening.

Update: More than few months ago I hit on a better and more efficient assembly winky

All together, precise and sealed off! tup

Oh, that first iteration was the small pH bottle.

This is a gallon jug.

Good morning! rockon

Great morning! rockon

Agreed?!?!?! winky

volcano Scratch the Vape, gonna reacquaint myself to the old Stone! winky,
WHAB

6 Likes