What are some of the best grow tents?

I have a 4x2 vivosun that already has some mylar fading after only 6 months of use.

I used this for my orchids. Im thinking of switching to grow tents from big open rooms to make better use or my lights and better environmental control. How easy are they to scrog in? I ran RDWC so im goibg to have to cut holes in it to run the lines back.

Feelibg like I lose a ton of the from the edges that could get reflected back.

I have the 4 x 8 with the peaked roof. It’s great in terms of heat expulsion… wish it had a few more ports though. Had some issues with one of the zippers… but bang for buck it’s great. Its atleast 200 to 400 cheaper than the higher end tents. No light leaks I can find, besides where my return lines come out of the tent, its minimal no issues with light leaks causing flowering issues.

I’ve wore out a 4’ x 8’ x 7’ Hydropharm well one side has my last plants finishing out now. A couple of cheapo tents (never again) also, that have been taken down for while now as I bring my perpetual system to a stop for a while, then I’m rebooting the whole show.
I’m bought a Gorilla Lite 4’ x 4 ’ 6’11" a few months back now. The set up is very quick, disassembly just as quick, very sturdy, fine price. I’ll used this one for a transition tent as space invaders (contractors) had to have access to my area.
I’ll be going to Hydropolis tents, as the 3’ x 9’ will fit my area perfectly. I’ll bring one on line every month for 3 months, with 2 trays, 1 plant per tray, 2 weeks apart per tent. Getting that perpetual cycle restarted 1 veg tent will feed the 3 tents.
Well that is the plan.

1 Like

I love my gorilla 4x4. Do you plan to add the height extension?

3 Likes

My Vivosun isn’t bad. I have all my gear in it no problem. Zippers leak light but no big deal. Could be a bit more sturdier.

1 Like

My new Gorilla tent 2x4x7’11" is amazing with it’s tall roof. I can fit all the lights and venting in the “attic” and still have plenty of room for my sativa girls to grow big and tall.
But… I still love my 3x3x6 Vivosun tent. Both seem to be well constructed, zippers work flawlessly and no light leaks on either tent.

4 Likes

there is a Gorilla tent knockoff, probably the same factory, there called ultra yield

saves you some money

3 Likes

That does look extremely similar. Good call.

1 Like

Hey Badger, was not sure if you were asking me about the extension, I do not have the head space for the extension. I’ve talked with others, that did, and they loved it!

1 Like

Well, that’s too bad. We barely did in our space. I’m glad to have it just in case. We use the gorilla as our sativa tent.

3 Likes

I need to find a cheap 8x4 for drying.

Well, I’m adding a tent for phenohunting and breeding, I was going to go 5x5, but am now considering another 8x4 (close in price) or a 5x10 now that I’ve realized even 48" wide is too narrow for two large autos. I’ve even wrangled with the idea of a 10x10 and just having some free space to walk around and garden. I have a 4x8 and 2x4 now and can still accommodate all, but it gets tight and a little ridiculous feeling at that point… Then there’s the 2 in 1 systems, which I can’t decide if they really provide much benefit… Anyone wrangle with the same tossup?

I’ve got a 4x4 Eclipse tent from a hydro store here in NZ and I cant fault it, heavy duty cloth and zips, diamond pattern mylar lined and light proof.

1 Like

Don’t know if it helps but I just ordered a Vivosun and it said something about a 5 year warranty… maybe shoot them an email stating the problem… they might help you out…:man_shrugging:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

1 Like

Hi @ScubaSteve!! Welcome to OG!! You’ll love it here!! Please, go to the thread @Floyd mentioned and say hello to everyone!! Have fun!!

Lighthouse hydro makes a pretty heavy duty tent, especially for the low price point.

2 Likes

After a lot of years I have come to the conclusion that the best grow tent is the tallest one you can fit in your space :grin:

3 Likes

I have had a recent epiphany about Gorilla tents. My first small tent was very heavy material and zippers. Had it 7 plus years I think, maybe longer without looking at exact year I started growing and did the thing of having wife zip me in and totally dark. Not a single leak. Fast forward to a few months back when my first and only dealing with spider mites prompted me to throw out the tent and anything else short of my light and fan in the cleaning process.
SO I ordered the exact same tent via Amazon that came drop shipped from Gorilla in their box. Now take note this was NOT the one from the lite line, supposedly same as original but this tent material is totally different in its thickness and zippers from my older one. Still well made mostly but the old tents material was way thicker , stiffer and just plain better. They went cheap and it may be as effective for blocking like but I didn’t do the standing inside test so far. I grow in a closet so external light isn’t a big worry for me. I’d buy another but they have changed the weight of the material.

LOVE MY secret jardin AAAA 2 thumbs up .

I absolutely hate my vivosun biggest p.o.s. in my aresonalt. They cheaped out everywhere like the thread used to sew seams

Hands down best tent and the cost is too good to be true. Well made. No leaks. Affordable!

VIPARSPECTRA 48"x48"x80" Reflective 600D Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing 4’x4’ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071Z67JMT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_N9TB0GRNCTFJBP53WQS7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like