What are some of the best grow tents?

Just finished my fourth grow in a 4x4 Lighthouse 2.0 and it’s a good tent. The light proofing on the zipper is much better than my AC Infinity and it’s got a lot of ports

1 Like

I’ve had good luck with viparspectra and green archetecture.
I don’t like the doors on the gorilla grow tents, and have used their back/side access in lieu of dealing with the main door/s.
I’m wondering if anyone has located a brand that makes weird sizes or custom sizes?
I’d love a 7x4 tent.

1 Like

They get mixed reviews but I really like my mars.

I am MarsHydro and Vivosun.
:man_shrugging:t2:

Agree, same. Vivo, mars.
I do take extra precautions. I respect the light cycle for the entire room the tents are in to minimize light leak opportunity. It’s not the best quality tent but if its going into a closet or controlled space like a basement or shed or garage… there won’t be any light to leak in

2 Likes

I’ve had a Black Box for 3 years now and I can see light working through the fabric in places, which means that some light may get through during my dark period. The tent was cheap, $200, but I’m starting to see why now.

In your experience, or if you’d just like to get one, what’s the best 4’x4’ tent?

Thanks

5 Likes

I’d vote ac infinity or gorilla tents.

:+1:

2 Likes

I just upgraded to a 5x5 AC Infinity. Good quality.

3 Likes

I got an original gorilla 5x5 at a great price. I have used several. The thing you have to remember is how long to you plan on using it. I replaced a few of my older tents. The bigger poles are the way to go. Like the infinity… great products.

2 Likes

Imho Gorillas are the way to go big or small, I will say secret jardin s dark rooms are great as well. I have not used an ac infinity tent yet but they do make great products. Just be sure to compare fabric density etc. since you are looking for long term. I bought a couple of gorillas as upgrades 7 years ago and they are all still great as well as the monster at my mentors, my secret jardin is a year younger but also still mint. I will continue to buy gorillas until something else truly stands out above them.

3 Likes

I have a mars tent and it’s fantastic.

1 Like

Gorilla is 50 % off right now on their LITE series. I just ordered a second 4 x 8 for 199 bucks! GREAT tents, good build quality, best zippers hands down, light tight if you buckle it down. Tiny leaks along bottom zippers but nothing to cause any issues . The 4x4 is like 120 bucks, be a fool not to buy one :see_no_evil: lol

5 Likes

Holy smokes

I’ve got 7 years on my Secret Jardin (4x4). It’s holding up great.

Someone pointed out a couple years back that the “liquid tape” (that black goopy stuff)

liquid tape
was useful for touching up pin holes in the tent fabric.
(not for zippers… :smirk:)

Cheers
G

7 Likes

For the price ACinfinity. Hands down!

I own both a gorilla tent(regular not the lite line) and a couple AC’s I honestly prefer my ACinfinity over the gorilla.

My gorilla has pin holes and slight light leaks. I actually couldn’t believe it when I picked it up expecting quality to be top notch for the price. Don’t get me wrong my ACinfinity tent isn’t perfect it also has some pin holes/light leaks(I still haven’t come across a perfect brand) but for the price difference your paying as well as already using AC’s fan and controllers. It just makes sense in my opinion. More bang for your buck.

Flaws wise I have heard people having bad luck with their zippers but I own 3 AC tents and honestly unless you beat the shit out of your equipment it will last a long time.

Also be sure to check out some of the bigger YouTube cannabis content creators they will usually have discount codes between 10% and 15% off already affordable tents.

Just my thoughts…

3 Likes

Gorilla Lite or ACInfinity, Mars is close tho. My advice is to get a 2-in-1 and leave out the divider, you’ll get extra poles and doors it makes the whole thing a lot sturdier and easier to use. And you can always put the divider and shelves back in, and you get them (usually two wire shelves and two fabric bathtubs for them plus the double-sided reflective divider wall) to have as materials or trays or reflectors whatever.

3 Likes

Look basic but I use specifically this one to mod my cheap chinese-50bucks-4x4. The reaction is fast, it become very warm and solder the fabric fast. I use it also to repair the zip and to add new scratchs.

I loved the Gorilla products for intensive use and the modularity, but I’ve not the guts to modify them for the price.

1 Like

I’ve gone with Gorilla Lite Line. Seems to be the best quality for your buck and longevity.

Ive had an ac infinity for about a year that i love. I also have a 2 x 4 High Rise from hydrobuilder that paid about $100 for. Thick material, good zippers and vents no holes. I’ve had it up and down a few times over the last 7 years and still in great condition.

1 Like

I love that liquid tape idea though, another good hack is wax on your zippers, keeps em going smooth and no stick forever

5 Likes