What are some of the best grow tents?

I actually put a call into Secret Jardin to see what they suggested. The person I spoke to had to go look it up as no one had asked him about that before.
He came back suggesting bees wax or candle wax.
So now I ‘grease’ it up once a year with some bees wax. As you say, it keeps the zippers running smoothly. :+1:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

They were selling them pretty cheap right now. That is a good heads up. 4x8 200$ is incredible.

1 Like

I think I seen where a big Mike said use a bar soap.
Either way, there’s a very good selections. Lol suggestions. I actually don’t use anything at all. I am very easy with my zippers. Sometimes to me is all about how level the tent is. I do have a little bit of problem with my gorilla. But I don’t ever open if I don’t have to. I just use a little small side opening.

1 Like

This is extremely clever.

2 Likes

I was at Goodwill the other day. This guy had tent poles in the back of his truck. He wasn’t getting rid of those. He had some very interesting stuff in his truck. They were grow tent poles. Then I seen what look like the Tray on the side of the road of a big interstate a couple weeks ago. It was up against the median.

Are heavier duty tent poles available for the Gorilla Original tents ? Who has the high cfm kits in stock ? Looking for 3x3 & 4x4 not lite line .

2 Likes

Indoor farmer is where I got my high CFM kits .

I know I’m probably gonna get flack for this but I’m not concerned. The spider farmer tents are top notch, far superior to Mars. NO light leaks, smooth zipper, thick quality material. The only issue i have with it is there is no light box option for the passive air intake holes, but it’s easy enough to rig something up.

2 Likes

I have gotten 4 x 4’s for $50. There’s nothing wrong with cheap tents. Let it serve your purpose. There’s nothing wrong with upgrading later on., you want at least 110 pounds wait for your roof. 81 in high is good but 71 works for me.

1 Like

If you’re in a dark room, it doesn’t matter. I still have light leaks. I’ll put a tarp over mine. I have a major light that comes in my room. You can get you one for around $60.

1 Like

[quote=“Hemp, post:90, topic:45620, full:true”]
I have gotten 4 x 4’s for $50. There’s nothing wrong with cheap tents. Let it serve your purpose.

You’re most definitely correct! “Adopt what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is specifically your own” Bruce Lee

I use the tent to veg for outside, probably why I like it so much, I’m not expecting much.:ok_hand:

2 Likes

You’ll do all right. Probably turn out a lot better than you think. I’m the one around here to so negative. lol
I worry about bugs and stuff. I’ve really got a better understanding of my grow area. I’m not going to start anything until the fall. Maybe lol
Good luck with your adventures!
One Love

1 Like

Not the best but maybe the best deal out there right now for a budget. Just bought one of these, still have to set it up but it’s looking pretty damn decent for a cheap drying or veg tent, not sure I’d flower in it but maybe!

3x3x6- $37
4x4x6- $42
And so on up to 8x8, you can get free shipping at $100 (these dudes sent me 8CF of perlite and a 3x3 tent for $102 out of pocket lol) and can use code JOEGARDNER for an extra % off the sale prices.

6 Likes

Wow! An absolute steal! Sucks I can’t order over here in Canada though. How can you resist those prices @Dirt_Wizard thank you for sharing

1 Like

If you use atent for drying it would be perfect!

I’ve got 3 tents. A Vivosun 4x4 cabin roof. 2x2 and 3x3 AC INFINITY. I like the ACs better.

2 Likes

the only time I have grown in a tent was in 2016 when I started growing indoors again after a 10 year break. Living where I was there was no options for getting a grow tent and I didn’t want to convert any rooms to grow rooms so I was in a dilemna.
I did have a 6x 6 ice fishing tent though!!
So ya, my first couple indoor crops were done in a 0’Celcius black ice fishing tent.
I did line the inside walls with black white poly for light reflection and I also fit a 4ft parabol reflector in the ceiling , hung a NH940 ultra ace lamp in thier and used one of the tents velcro attached windows to retrofit my exhaust system which drew air directly from the hole in the middle of the parabol reflector thru 4" ducting. I put 9 plants in #5T pots in a circle around the vertical hanging open bulb and went to town.
It was a real slick set up and grew some dynamite weed LOL

In my new house I built out grow rooms in my outbuildings and the ice hut went back to being a fishing tent. My brother just gave me a grow tent… I think it is a 5x5. Not sure I will use it but it’s not a bad thing to have in storage.

2 Likes

might be in wrong place but this is a warning post about the gorilla grow 2x4 “lite” line. I’ve only had this tent for about 3 or 4 months then it’s already ripping in 2 places. I have an Oppulent(3 years)2x2 and a Vivosun(2.5 years) 36"x20" tent that neither have any issues. the seam that holds the light flap and the zipper seam are both tearing apart. I’m no more aggressive or gentle than with the 2 listed that I also use. not super happy. guess I’m gonna be sewing some patches and will not be purchasing from them again.

4 Likes