What are the most potent in "effect" landraces you have tried?

I’m familiar w Irene. Dude from Canada on breedbay has here. He has a bunch of good Canadian cuts.

I think African is where it’s at. A Malawi, Durban or zamal strain.

2 Likes

Yes I think so also @Sativa1 , I have some Malawi seeds and some Zamaldelica F2’s also But I still need to get me some Durban Poison…

I would also like to get some seeds from other parts of africa also like Ethiopia, Congo ect. All over africa, Then I want to try mix all of the african varieties into one strain to be called “African Safari” haha… well that is what I would like to do anyways it would take a lot of time and effort but I think it could be something special in the end!

2 Likes

this mekong is the best one ive had yet. Woody smell to it. Complete energetic head high. Cant keep your thoughts straight at all on it

6 Likes

As an indica lover, the best landrace I’ve had was the Afghan Kush from World of Seeds. I ran it for over a decade and still have a buddy holding onto it for me. It is very strong and narcotic, smells and tastes of hash and pineapple. Was a patient favorite in my circles for a long time. I believe it has a decent amount of CBD too, never had it tested, but it does wonders for pain. My buddy won’t grow anything else he loves it so much, and it’s always gone as soon as it’s ready. I’ve heard World of Seeds aren’t what they used to be, but I’ve had good results with them, although it was over a decade ago. I also tried their Pakistan Valley and it was good too, Strong with a sweet hashy smell.

3 Likes

Seeds of Africa has a good selection.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.seedsofafricastore.com/&ved=0ahUKEwjdiP-qz6TXAhXh3YMKHe6WBNAQFghUMAY&usg=AOvVaw1vLRarPiy3VRUwo1962QRC

At one time I had an Afghani that I swear could easily be mistaken as Bubba kush. Very potent. Seems a lot of thing from the kush area are very nice.

1 Like

Yes I know, as the Malawi seeds I have are from them. I just have not heard too much about them as far as the quality of seeds as I 've only found a few forum threads of peoples experience with growing their stuff… :alien:

I’ve seen the “Afghani” (old-world cultivar) make people go white/green-faced. It’s fast/short enough to grow under lamps too, with high medicinal content. I know I’m in the minority on this, but I prefer the high-elevation originating, dense, stoney, indicas.

1 Like

I would like to get ahold of a really strong Afghani to use as a cross with some landrace sativas to shorten flowering time and bulk up the flowers at the same time…:slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope world of seeds is good as i have a alot of there gear, I’ve always liked the pure kush varities, for landrace sativa it’s hard to say , I’ve always heard Panama red proclaimed as an amazing yet hard to get strain, it resides in cali still if you know the right people

2 Likes

i bought something called panama red from an online dispensary here in canada just because of the name, i’m not sure if it was the real deal but it was very dense and potent. poorly dried and cured though i think, it smelled very grassy

1 Like

Maybe but most panamas out there are a mix of two diff Panamas and a columbian, there was also a deep chunk panama red cross around for a sec, I have some pure Panama red kept by old timers in California how ever I have been informed upon receiving them it’s a 19-22 week flower period and I am not equipped to grow them out quite yet but they will be first to get popped when Im able to do long term sativas

3 Likes

…, dense buds aren’t a normal attribute of these strains…

1 Like

But what is that Mexican Sativa yare talkin bout (cos I dont know any landrace with this name)… Maybe the strain by Sensi Seeds?.. Or Mexican weed without knowed origins?..

It sound exactly like the description of 2 Cannabiogen/ACE strains: Panamá n Panamá DC

N other cuestión to English speaker people: Am I right thinkin that what ya call Colombian Red and/or Panamá Red are the same landrace, what I call Punto Rojo? (@TropicalBiophile?)…
Thanks for the attention.

1 Like

Que más hermano… ¿Cómo va la perrera?

I´m not familiar with “Panama Red”, only Punto Rojo. From what I´ve heard, Panama Red is a different strain, although very likely with the same or close lineage of Punto Rojo.

@wiwi Being Colombian, and a decades long smoker, I do not know of any Colombian “red” other than Punto Rojo. We also have “gold” (Santa Marta), brown (Corinto), green (Mangobiche) and black weed (from the Caldas and Llanos regions).

The weather in Panama is different (much more humid and selvatic) than the coast of Santa Marta (a mixture of almost desert and lush high mountain). So the “landraces” coming from each site, from similar parentage, could be rather different.

How did weed came to Colombia / South America?

3 Likes

Salud, primo!

…para mi (y puedo estar totalmente equivocado, Colombian Red y Panamá Red son prácticamente lo mismo… La que creó es diferente sería la Pelo Rosa, que podría ser otra candidata a la denominación inglesa de Punto Rojo…(???)