What are you watching? (TV & Movies)

about to start season 3 of “Kim’s Convenience”. pretty relaxed show.

1 Like

Didn’t know it was based on a game. Not being familiar with the game shouldn’t hinder one’s enjoyment of the show, should it? Thanks!

3 Likes

An accurate depiction of my city as well :rofl:

No it should actually be better because you won’t see the the things that differ from the game. They changed something about how the zombies infect and also sense things that is different than the game. The change is interesting but you won’t be bogged down with the debate of whether they should be changing anything. Also you won’t have the first 2 minutes of wondering why they randomly decided to change the ethnicity of the main character and his family from the game. Thankfully that fades fast because the guy playing Joel is really good in the role.

4 Likes

Binge watching all 3 seasons

1 Like

Did you know the Grimm brothers were folklorists and early linguists? They figured out how languages change over time, language being limited to the spoken thing. It has become known as Grimm’s law.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I’m in Chicago staying at a friend’s condo and we don’t feel like going out tonight.

1 Like

@PhilCuisine watched You People and laughed my ass off! Grew up watching Eddie Murphy… all in all great casting and writing! Thanks for sharing!

☆DJSF

6 Likes

Saturday night its time for…
ricky-tpb-tpb
#tpb

1 Like

I’m always watching x files at some point. Just got done with better call Saul a few days ago. Think I might start the watcher on Netflix.

4 Likes

Very Kewl! Did not know that! Thanks for the link! :+1: :upside_down_face:

1 Like
3 Likes

It is super nerdy (not that it’s a bad thing) but “The History of English” podcast goes super indepth on Grimm’s Law, and vowel changes, and pretty much everything to do with the development of the crazy language we speak.

2 Likes

I finally got around to starting The Last of Us, definitely an intriguing show… and started Poker Face, which so far seems worth continuing with…

On the topic of Victor Mature, I always think of the Monkees’ movie Head when his name comes up (he makes a small cameo).

1 Like

First few episodes of Russian Doll S1 were incredible, then it went down the toilet, S2 was an unintelligible mess. Here’s hoping “poker face” does a better job with writing. She’s a great actress to be sure. Maybe the best “New York” actress/character of all time.

4 Likes

Definitely agreed on Russian Doll S2, it was amazing how bad it was. A number of series should’ve been one-season-and-done but the streaming services see the response they get and want more of the same (which inevitably is not as good).

3 Likes

I just started rewatching ‘The Good Place’, not sure if i’ll stick with it though. lately I’ve mostly been rewatching shows.

6 Likes

Again like other shows, first season, amazing… subsequent seasons get worse. The good place had so much promise. The writers rooms must be drug-testing… because media quality is headed downhill.

3 Likes

I don’t want to yuck anyone’s yum, but finished episode 1 of Poker Face and started episode 2… so far this is not a great show. Lazy cutesy writing that doesn’t really make that much sense. Not sure I’m going to keep watching.

2 Likes