What are you watching? (TV & Movies)

Baki Hanma has been an entertaining manga series on Netflix

Netflix, Cave Of Bones absolutely amazing story, er documentary.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

There’s something that really bothers me about indoor grow facilities in a state like California. Honestly, they bother me anywhere, but there are states where outdoor can be pretty difficult.

Mob Land

liked it

I indeed saw Barbie a second time, with my wife and younger daughter. As I expected, my younger daughter found it weird and didn’t particularly like it (a tween might enjoy it, younger kids not so much). My wife enjoyed it for the most part, but we found the same parts trite and/or a bit off-putting. Apparently I married the right person.

It’s an odd movie that might or might not have a lot going on. Funny that some have commented on it having an anti-consumerist message, when of course in many ways it’s Mattel burnishing the image of Barbie (presumably with the hopes they’ll sell Barbies to another generation of kids… by planting a seed in parents’ and grandparents’ heads).

Mostly I have to give a nod to the performances of Ryan Gosling and Simu Liu (and all the Kens). Gosling has some (goofy) comedy chops. Also Michael Cera… I have no idea what that guy is like IRL but man he oozes awkward likeability on screen.

2 Likes

Just finished watching Lords of Flatbush, how did I miss this gem?

1 Like

Watching some Just Shoot Me before I head out.

1 Like

Very much worth watching…

1 Like

That looks pretty good Phil.

I just finished watching

2 Likes

Mr. Nice was great even if low-budget :+1: :+1: Has some parallels to Blow.

Midnight Express; every comment I’ve ever heard said it was a good movie & I thought it was lame. :rofl: As soon as he starts taping hash bricks to get on a plane :man_facepalming: I said fuckin’ dumbass! deserves whatever he gets :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize(65)

2 Likes
4 Likes

@djtrip WTF!!??!!

I LITERALLY JUST WATCHED CABIN BOY AS A MORNING MOVIE!!!

5 Likes

Yoooo that’s a classic!!

THESE PIPES ARE CLEAN!!!