What are you watching? (TV & Movies)

almost done rewatching “disjointed” on netflix

3 Likes
4 Likes

That’s cool as hell you know people on the crew. I bet they do have a good time shooting it. They probably crack up over some the lines and scenes they do.

I need to take a trip up to Toronto. It’s one of my favorite cities to visit. It’s been over 20 years since I have visited. We originally went up there to buy seeds from a little place called the Hidden Jungle on Lakeshore Rd.

I just received my passport yesterday after waiting 11 weeks for them to process it. Damn government.lol

1 Like

My wife & I got sucked into Suits now that it’s on Netflix. It’s predictable like most tv dramas, but there’s at least some character development and fairly well written scripts as compared to most made-for-streaming shows.

1 Like

2 movies I’m sure :+1:
Different cast to the TV series though
Edit - your right 1 movie but there is a short that the movie stemmed from.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Binging on the original Miami Vice ahhhh brings back memories of South Beach in the 80s

3 Likes
5 Likes

I started Your Honor with Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad, Malcolm In The Middle). So far, so good. It’s about a hit and run accident that spirals out of control.

1 Like

This was pretty wild.
The trailer really does it no justice.

@Pigeonman, you seen this?

3 Likes

I own it on BluRay! :rofl:

Love me anything barker/lovecraftesque!!!

2 Likes

Figures! :rofl:
Or James Waan/Eli Roth, right?

Just started watching this, then realized I’ve already seen it! It only took the opening scene to remember, lol.

I didn’t really know where the story was going for most of the film. But, a funny movie none the less.

Given I could watch it streaming I watched Wes Anderson’s latest, Asteroid City, tonight.

It was… something? Cool looking, I’ll give it that… and quite the cast.

I lost interest in Anderson around the time The Life Aquatic came out.

2 Likes

Lol.
It’s the cast lineup that intrigues me about that film. Decent story or what?

I’ve been sitting here for several minutes trying to formulate an answer… there are storylines, and an overarching set-up… but I don’t know that I’d describe the story as decent. Or… well, at it’s heart it’s a movie centered on the script of a play, and the play has a storyline, but frankly it’s not that great (it’s like Ben Hecht decided to revamp Our Town in an Atomic Age desert SW town, and jazz it up with some silly B-movie quality Sci-Fi elements). But it is all cool looking, and lightly amusing, with a whole mess of actors.

Whatever became of Parker Posey? I’m surprised she hasn’t found her way into Wes Anderson’s movies.

1 Like

Hehe, great response. Idk how I feel about that one I just watched either.
Parker Posey, jeez I literally just seen her in something. I think I posted it here. Hell, what was it called…? About them women going caving…
Edit-Oh wait, no…it was The Con is On.

1 Like